: New Tacoma Owner

stewie
05-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2003 Taco 4X4 X-Cab and I love it. It is my first truck and first 4X4, so I have many questions. 1. how can I keep my steel wheels and chrome bumper from rusting. 2. what is the clunking noise when I shift from 1 to 2. 3. is it normal for the engine to be so loud and feel so laboured(2.7l)
Thats all for now I will appriciate all advice. Thanks.

EndersTaco
05-19-2005, 03:18 PM
The 2.7L likes to stick inbetween 2k-3.5k rpm, if you're shifting lower that could be part of the anemic feeling. At least the one in my old 01 was like that. Clicking sound is normal, clunking sound is not. Could you give more detail on the sound or if there is any sticking/difficulty shifting. As for the rust, no clue. Might want to go with a set of alloys and with the chrome bumper, I would be more concerned about any dents in it as it is chrome plated so if you try to un-dent them the chrome plating doesnt always stick.

4BYnTacoma
05-19-2005, 03:25 PM
My truck sometimes gives a pretty good clunk between the gears you mentioned. Before I got my truck I test drove a 4 banger, it was loud and felt laboured, drove the V6 and the rest is history.