: I need some help!!!

Crozby85
06-16-2008, 12:27 PM
ok guys i finally made my mind up on what lift i am going to buy i am going to run it by you guys one more time just to verify i am going the right direction.

here is what i am going to buy
__________________________________________________ _______________
REAR
95-04 TACOMA REAR SUSPENSION KIT $499.00 4500T-APRS
http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=96

Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks $40.00 extra
http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=96
FRONT
ToyTec Adjustable Front coil over shocks $699.99 TT-AFCS http://www.toyteclifts.com/9504tacocart.html#9504frtlftopts

Front****Diff** Drop****Kit****# 1 $29.99 TAC-DR
http://www.toyteclifts.com/9504tacocart.html#9504frtlftopts
PROTECTION
Rock Sliders, 78" 1995-2004 X-Cab $199.00 120011-1-K
http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma.html

total price with Shipping $1,591.98

Please let me know if i would need anything else to complete my lift

One More Thing...

I just move here from Michigan into a "Indianapolis apartment" that has no garage :(. also I am very inexperience with putting on lifts i was wondering can someone help me out by letting me use their garage/area to put on the lift and help me out. i am willing to pay...

please let me know... thanks for all your help

when i get this done i can start wheelin with you guys.

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
forget the diff drop and use the 30$ you saved to buy beer to convince people to help you

Crozby85
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
i am going to buy beer no matter what

Crozby85
06-16-2008, 01:00 PM
i am going to need it in the future because i am going to get a 2 inch body lift in the near future then i am going to need that extra 1 inch

also i do not what to put any stress on my c.v. axles and boots.

if the person that is going to help me tells me that their is no need for them then i will not get it..

Bear
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
well depending on when you need the help. I am open for providing the place. We can discuss the details later. but right now more importantly is the date since my summer is "booking" real quickly.

We might even be able to turn this into a W.A.T

and for a change I agree with Todd, no diff drop required! even with the body lift!

as for payment goes, all that is needed would be possibly the refreshments and maybe some meat to burn on the grill or something like that! Hell I say we do this and turn it into a lifting party! Wrench all day and party all night.LOL! sorry getting carried away.

Back on topic, yes we can get it all done like I said, just depending on date.

A couple words of advice, if you can, make sure Toy Tech installs the coils on the coilovers so that we don't have to compress the springs. and like Todd said, drop the diff drop kit (pardon the pun on that one)

Crozby85
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Thank you BEAR,

the only parts that are being installed are the one listed above front, rear, and protection

you say "screw the diff drop"- i know for fact the coil-overs come completely assembled

what kind of meat do you prefere name any steak(t-bone, prime-rib, ???) chicken, beef, sides, and what kind drinks you want..

also lets make it a lifting party! i am in-

im going to order the lift tomorrow...............

and ill let you know when i recieve "everything"

email is crozby85@gmail.com

Bear
06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
let me know when the arrival date is and we will do what we can!

and for the meat…ha ha! Texas Brisket! LOL

(See D.C…I don't only think about Shiner Bock from Texas!)

Once we figure out when the parts are going to be here, we will figure out a day to have the "lifting party"

Crozby85
06-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Bear,

i just called the place where i am getting my sliders from and they said they do not recommend bolting on those sliders, but it is possible because they come with Rock Slider Gusset Kits with plate that have hole where you can drill hole in your frame and bolt them on or we can weld them on.

What do you think will be easier?

Also do you have a welder if not then we are going to have to drill holes and bolt them on

here is the link to the sliders
http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma.html

here is a pic of the gussets
http://www.trail-gear.com/images/rockslidergusset2-600.jpg

It is up to you.

Bear
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Just like Trail Gear to provide bolt holes in their gussets and then say they do not recommend bolting them on. :lmao:

my thoughts on sliders is they should be welded on also. but we might be able to do them either way. I am borrowing another members welder currently so I might still have it, or worse case…he will be helping anyway so he can bring his welder back when we lift your truck!

DN1911
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok, so here's the deal. I think i can provide a good place to do the lift and sliders. Other projests possible but one truck at a time. We should be able to do this at my parents place: Lincoln Welder (with people who know how to use it), big set of Snap-on tools, big driveway, big Pool, and big barbeque.

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 07:45 AM
sounds good are you the member that BEAR is talking about?

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
ok im going to order today... ill let know guys know when i recieve everything

Bear
06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
no, Dustin is another member, but capable of helping as well.

Bear
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
… Lincoln Welder (with people who know how to use it), ….

whats that suppose to mean?

I would put Dave's welding up against anyones. and I may not have been welding as long as some, but I can get the job done and it will stay together!:welder:

brinner
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
i can help.....but i require sweet tea and BBQ sauce

that is all.

Bear
06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
i can help.....but i require sweet tea and BBQ sauce

That is just Kinky and way too much information than i needed to know! :D

So the new grill works pretty good huh?

DN1911
06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
i just meant that our group has a good selection of exsperienced welders, that's all.

Bear
06-17-2008, 11:29 AM
oh, okay. I just thought Brinner was spreading stories again about my welding. :D

I am sure you heard we had fun this weekend with welding my spring hangers with the wind and all.

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
also i do not what to put any stress on my c.v. axles and boots.

ummmm............then you better set down your credit card and leave the truck just like it is.

You are gonna stress them with ANY amount of lift............mine is set at 2" and it was still wearing boots out (to be fare I drive ALOT).........it was bad enough I went to a manual hub setup to avoid it.

I am not trying to discourage you........just warning.

Also.........now that you are gonna start wheeling you are gonna need to go buy a spare cv (I reccomend a genuine toyota unit........they are not much more money then the cheapy parts store crap) and the tools to change it........If I remember correctly you said your truck had ADD which means *when* you break a cv on the trail you can't drive till you fix it.

again not trying to rain on your parade.....,,just helping you prepare.

Bear
06-17-2008, 12:39 PM

You are gonna stress them with ANY amount of lift............mine is set at 2" and it was still wearing boots out (to be fare I drive ALOT).........it was bad enough I went to a manual hub setup to avoid it.…

you wouldn't if you had a solid axle under the front of your truck…then you wouldn't have to worry about CV's :D

just have to keep replacing axle shafts and seals.:lmao:

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
you wouldn't if you had a solid axle under the front of your truck…then you wouldn't have to worry about CV's :D

just have to keep replacing axle shafts and seals.:lmao:

funny you mention that.........A friend of mine and I were doing some mearsuring the other day on some parts I bought dirt cheap.......something more "solid" may be comeing this winter........complete with round springs :0

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
OK BEAR,

the total ticket price - 1679.38 shipped 240.48 just in shipping THATS CRAZY

the latest any item should arrive is 7 days

Bear can you email me you contact information.

Thanks yall

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 01:55 PM
ummmm............then you better set down your credit card and leave the truck just like it is.

You are gonna stress them with ANY amount of lift............mine is set at 2" and it was still wearing boots out (to be fare I drive ALOT).........it was bad enough I went to a manual hub setup to avoid it.

I am not trying to discourage you........just warning.

Also.........now that you are gonna start wheeling you are gonna need to go buy a spare cv (I reccomend a genuine toyota unit........they are not much more money then the cheapy parts store crap) and the tools to change it........If I remember correctly you said your truck had ADD which means *when* you break a cv on the trail you can't drive till you fix it.

again not trying to rain on your parade.....,,just helping you prepare.

My truck has 30000 more miles of warranty and the c.v. axles and boots are cover under it:) even with a lift

Toyota said “a lift does not void out anything except the parts your are replacing” – and that is a quote

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
ok, how many cv have you guys been through

Bear
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
and that quote from the toyota guy came from the law suit of Magnesson vs. :doh: I can't remember the other party!

but by law, they must honor the warranty unless they can prove the "after market part" was the direct cause of the failed part!

in all reality, that little law has been used many times over on the national board!

as for the contact info I'll get it to you here shortly.

Oh~ and I only ever had to use my stock CV's, I never broke one nor ripped a boot when I was IFS. (pssst some people know how to take care of their junk and not tear it up when they have to drive the same vehicle to work on Monday) :D

Crozby85
06-17-2008, 03:42 PM
that is me "My truck is my weekend warrior and my daily commuter"

Bear
06-17-2008, 03:47 PM
As with most of the members of TTORA!

mine should be my DD but with the damn gas prices…

but we won't go into that rant! now shall we?

Main thing is to listen to your "experienced" spotters and use your head. I used to wheel hard in Texas yet never had much more than a scratch on my truck. Went to the SAS and now my truck looks like a tank hit it.

Point being is watch what you are doing. listen when you need to and use your head at all times and you will be able to wheel and still drive your TOYOTA to work the next day. (not always the case with other manufactures)

Pm sent by the way!

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
but by law, they must honor the warranty unless they can prove the "after market part" was the direct cause of the failed part!

in all reality, that little law has been used many times over on the national board!

as for the contact info I'll get it to you here shortly.

Oh~ and I only ever had to use my stock CV's, I never broke one nor ripped a boot when I was IFS.

it is magnusson vrs. moss and it will bend you over in this case..........you are a fool if you think Toyota will warrenty the cv's or boots once the truck is lifted.

the cv boots will fail due to increased angle of operation........why is the angle increased???........cause of the lift........meaning the component failure was caused by a non stock item and M vrs M says they don't have to warrenty it.........and they won't.

The only way around it is to go buy the cv's over the counter , install them your self then return them when the boots go to hell so that they never see the truck and can't prove anything........worked great for me.( I have yet to break one.....but have toasted 4 boots)

I understand the whole drive it to work monday thing.........that is why I recomended rounding up spares and tools.........cause sh*t happens.

Fuod
06-18-2008, 12:03 AM
........anybody who claims they have never broke anything has never left the mall parking lot.

Yeah, so what? I think your talking about me! :D

Crozby85
06-18-2008, 07:30 AM
As with most of the members of TTORA!

mine should be my DD but with the damn gas prices…

but we won't go into that rant! now shall we?

Main thing is to listen to your "experienced" spotters and use your head. I used to wheel hard in Texas yet never had much more than a scratch on my truck. Went to the SAS and now my truck looks like a tank hit it.

Point being is watch what you are doing. listen when you need to and use your head at all times and you will be able to wheel and still drive your TOYOTA to work the next day. (not always the case with other manufactures)

Pm sent by the way!

BEAR,

by the way what is PM and W.A.T

remember i am new to these forums and i do not know all of the Abbreviation

and how do i get to the PM

Bear
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I am sorry, yes I forgot. here is a small break down:

W.A.T= "wrench a thon" basically a bunch of members get together and help work or modify on every one's vehicles. or can be a specific project such as a lift.

Pm= Private message; you can use the board to send messages similar to email's to other members. Up in the right hand upper corner where you see your name. it says Private message. click on that and you can get to the "PM" system.

There are other acronyms but currently I am in a hurry and really can't think of all of them right now. But it won't take long for you to catch on. If you have other questions, feel free to "pm" me and I will answer everything I can for you.:kewl:

Crozby85
06-18-2008, 09:34 AM
hey hey now big bear, take her easy

INttora knows that you have your shit together and you know what you are talking about... that is why your "prez"

why do you think i am heading over your house for my lift :D

Bear
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I am prez because no one else tried to get the chapter up and running. :D has nothing to do with how one wheels.

brinner
06-18-2008, 10:36 AM
PM= private message

W.A.T.= Wrech-A-Thon

:boobies: = i like boobies

:worthless = im jealous that you know how to do all this work and are too lazy to take photos of it so i can figure out how to do it too.

Bear
06-18-2008, 10:40 AM
PM= private message

W.A.T.= Wrech-A-Thon

:worthless = im jealous that you know how to do all this work and are too lazy to take photos of it so i can figure out how to do it too.

I think you resemble that last remark! :D

Crozby85
06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
PM= private message

W.A.T.= Wrech-A-Thon

then!!! :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Bear
06-18-2008, 12:01 PM
then!!! :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Doesn't count unless you have photos to go along with the smiley icon!

Crozby85
06-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Doesn't count unless you have photos to go along with the smiley icon!

ill take one tonight!!!:D

DN1911
06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
oh, okay. I just thought Brinner was spreading stories again about my welding. :D

I am sure you heard we had fun this weekend with welding my spring hangers with the wind and all.

Oh, it was you he was talking about!

Bear
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
more than likely! :D

brinner
06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
ok i reccomend that we do this at Dustin's place in indy....its close, he has more room in the garage, an awesome welder...hes a much better welder than any of us (except this one time where i TIG welded his shoe to his hood as a hood ornament........just kidding, i dont even know how to TIG weld), plus he mentioned something about a pool.....food.....and a pool. :D

Bear
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I am not opposed to anywhere. I just offered. If Brian (yes another Brian in the club) wants to have it at Dustin's then I'll show up there.

I guess it is all up to where Brian wants to do it and if the schedules all jive

Fuod
06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
...and if the schedules all jive

Jive :cool:

Now I have to go watch Semi-Pro again :D

Bear
06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
ok guys i finally made my mind up on what lift i am going to buy i am going to run it by you guys one more time just to verify i am going the right direction.

Ok, so here's the deal. I think i can provide a good place to do the lift and sliders. Other projests possible but one truck at a time. We should be able to do this at my parents place: Lincoln Welder (with people who know how to use it), big set of Snap-on tools, big driveway, big Pool, and big barbeque.

ok i reccomend that we do this at Dustin's place in indy....its close, he has more room in the garage, an awesome welder...hes a much better welder than any of us (except this one time where i TIG welded his shoe to his hood as a hood ornament........just kidding, i dont even know how to TIG weld), plus he mentioned something about a pool.....food.....and a pool. :D

y'all figure out where and when we are doing this so we can get it on the events page. I think this is a great opportunity to have as many members as possible get together for both trucks and socializing.

Bear
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Joe, I already caused this thread to get way off topic, lets keep it on track from this point on,

Sound good? thanks!

and BTW, I never watched that movie, I hate Will Ferrel. I just happen to be stuck in the 70's. :D

DN1911
06-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Everything sounds good, Do we have any idea when the parts will be here? just need to make sure everything is inline with space, food, equipment, and make sure the pool is vacated.

Crozby85
06-20-2008, 07:52 AM
Everything sounds good, Do we have any idea when the parts will be here? just need to make sure everything is inline with space, food, equipment, and make sure the pool is vacated.

i wish they were here now!! i track the status and they said my coilovers were in CO on the way to indy and the leafs and sliders are in CA and on its way also. they told me at the latest 5 days. and i ordered them on 6/17 @11:53am i will let you guys know when i receive everything...i hoping for next weekend I should have everything.

brinner
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
i could do next weekend

DN1911
06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
unfortunately i have to work a half day on the 28th or whatever that Sat. is.
now if we want to start around 2:00 we can still do next Sat. or we can reschedule for the 5th, everything should be clear for me.

brinner
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
i think i can do the 5th. Might be better instead of rushing it.

DN1911
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
The 5th will also give us more time in the day to work on other trucks instead of just Crozby's. I talk to Mike and see about having to bender at the house on the 5th, only issue would be having to use his tubing. i will get a price per foot and if anyone wants some we can get it ordered.

also let's try to get a list of tools and material needed so i can make sure everything is there.

DN1911
06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Crozby,
did you order the welded sliders or need to weld sliders?

Crozby85
06-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Crozby,
did you order the welded sliders or need to weld sliders?

I ordered the welded sliders but then i called trail-gear and they said to weld them to your truck they do not recommend drilling holes in the frame.

brinner
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
well i can get a small amount of tubing by then. (Purdue Central Machine Shop)

Bear
06-23-2008, 08:54 AM
unfortunately i have to work a half day on the 28th or whatever that Sat. is.
now if we want to start around 2:00 we can still do next Sat. or we can reschedule for the 5th, everything should be clear for me.

i think i can do the 5th. Might be better instead of rushing it.

I am not sure the 5th is going to work for me. We have some friends coming in from Texas on that weekend. I'll have to play it by ear at this point and confirm after talking with Pam to see what her plans are.

Also other than tools and materials. Dustin you are not planning on suppling all the grub as well are you? you might want to start a thread to organize everything needed. (just an idea)

Crozby85
06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
i would like to get it done this up coming weekend also the 5th is going to be book for me also

Crozby85
06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
i will supply the grub if you guys want i thought that was the plan?

Crozby85
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
how is going to make the new thread also how many people are planning to come?

DN1911
06-23-2008, 11:46 AM
new post in the events section.

Bear
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
So where the hell are the photos of the finished product??????

Crozby85
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
on the other thread "crosby wat", i am still posting the finished product