: BV area Raft/Wheel/Camp Aug. 1-3

poorboyota26
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
OK so I started a new Thread to avoid on confusion. Here's what I have.

Aug. 1st- 3rd

We will be camping rafting and wheeling (busy weekend)
Volcom has mentioned that CO4RJ (Colorado 4 Runner Jamboree) will be the same weekend so I thought that we could ALL get together and kill two birds with one stone.

As of today 6/19 I have to contact Dan (007) and see if the 2nd is still available for a half day trip (46 bucks I think)

This is how I see it going.

Friday Aug 1st

Arrive at camp/hotel and BS with others.

Sat Aug 2nd

Load up and get ready for half day of rafting. Then depending on what time we get done with that lunch and a quick wheel/scout. 7pm Camp fire: Stories of the day and general BS ing session some drinking too I suspect.

Sun. Aug 3rd

We won't be staying in a pay camp so there wont be a specific time we have to pay for another day or leave. I figured on wheeling for a while on Sunday and then for those of you who have to get back we could be back in camp by 5pm ish to load up and head home. Andrea and I are off the next week and will be headed up to Steamboat on Monday for a week of fishing/ camping so if there is anyone who wants to stay on Sunday night and head back Monday that's fine by us.

I know that it's kind of a tight schedule but I'm sure that if you can't raft there will be plenty of wheeling to do. I know that there are some folks over on Yota Tech that are headed up for the weekend just to camp and wheel.

We will be camping somewhere off of 305, 315, 376 or 376a just north of hwy 24/285 It's a non pay area and should be able to accommodate the two groups. Here's a link to a map (http://staythetrail.org/maps/files/BLM_RoyalGorgeFO_Fourmile_2005p2.pdf)

I will be going up this weekend to scout out the exact spot that we will be camping in. (as long as no one gets it before us) If anyone wants to go too or has any other camp site Idea's let me know.

So far I have these people:

Poorboyota26
MrDoug
Prodigy
Redrunnertc
Lysmachia (If Tippy is up and running)
Volcom
Mgoose82

I've never been wheeling up there and have a open/open on 31's so I know that I will be doing trails that may be difficult for my rig but easy for others. Maybe we could all get together and split into different groups. That way there is less congestion on the trail and we aren't always pulling the slow ones out of stuff. More fun for everyone.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rafting confirmed and Paid:

Poorboyota +3

mgoose82
06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
hey add me to that one. not sure if the other half will be with me, but i will be there atleast. we are going to be camping just outside of the town of jefferson then, so it's not a big deal for me to run out there and meet up with everyone for a few days

Quick Draw
06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm talking to work tomorrow about getting that whole week off, so that I can go head up the Mosquito Pass run too. I'll let you know. BTW, I have wheeling and camping planned for the following week, so keep that in mind, everybody with limited wheeling built into their schedule.

poorboyota26
06-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Just made the reservations and sent off an e-mail to them

I told them about 20 adults or so. If you are bringing the kiddies then let me know I have to give them an exact # so they have the staff.

The cut-off date is JULY 15th to sign up for the White Water Rafting.

I also figured we could run Tin Cup and then up and around on 209 back into BV sat. It's supposed to be an easy trail according to Trail Damage and there are some more techinical trails in the area.

mrdoug
06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
bitchin man.. thanks for organizing

Volcom
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll be wheeling the whole time (Holy Cross Friday, BV Carnage Saturday, and Chinamans Sunday) but rafting sounds like fun.

mgoose82
06-20-2008, 08:31 PM
i'm down for the wheeling and camping, but as far as the rafting, even as much as i want to go, my back will be overly pissed at me, so count me out for just the rafting part

fjcruzer
06-22-2008, 10:22 PM
It's on my calendar and I think we can manage two of us on this one! After a day of rafting, dirt and sunshine, we might opt for lodgings, but we'll see as the time draws near :)

poorboyota26
06-23-2008, 03:12 AM
We just got back from BV. I've never been there, and let me start off by saying WOW! I love the mountains. Always have always will. There are so many things about this area that are exactly how I picture "being in the mountains", to be like. We arrived there LATE because of me and my need to pack everything that we "might" need. So it's 10 pm and we are driving around the Four Mile area looking for a good campsite, and shining our lights on campers who are already established and setting by the fire. We find a campsite that will soot our needs and set up our tent by lantern light and go to bed.

I wake up at 6am to this
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1597.jpg

Ok enough about our trip it was great I did some wheeling and scared my wife then ate some grub and scouted out some camp sites and the area for us.

I think that the area known as "Four Mile" is a good place to camp. It's free and off the beaten path. There are a plethora of camp sites available if you get there before anyone else does but they are first come first serve.

So I will be leaving Thursday July 31 in the evening in order to "stake our claim to the following camp sites that could possibly hold 10-12 rigs total I was thinking of the guys over on YT as well and we could just be one big happy family with people coming and going as they please. If there are more people then there are some bigger spots but they had people in them at the time so I wasn't able to take pics of them.

If you look at the map supplied by staythetrail.org (http://staythetrail.org/maps/files/BLM_RoyalGorgeFO_Fourmile_2005p2.pdf)

If you look at the map you can see that where 305 meets up with the Lenhardy cut-off there is a seasonal gate. The following pictures are just to the west of the gate. The first two are on the north side of the road at the end of 305 The second group is the camp site marked on the map next to Road 305.

The north campsite
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1600.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1601.jpg

The south campsite
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1602.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1603.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1604.jpg

Tell me what you all think!!!

We did see some other camp sites but they are near main road traffic and I just didn't think that many people would like that. Even though these two sites are 10 yards from the road they are quite a ways back on rough dirt roads.

It's about 10 minutes to the main road and 20 more to the rafting place.

Chalkie
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
We just got back from BV. I've never been there, and let me start off by saying WOW! I love the mountains. Always have always will. There are so many things about this area that are exactly how I picture "being in the mountains", to be like.

Then wait until you can really see the scenery from the high trails, instead of across the valley.

http://chalkcliffs.smugmug.com/gallery/5239927_EVmqY/1/318497131_znPdR

Lysmachia
06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey all, some of us really have to do a little work this weekend for pre-run WFTW reasons... So we need to keep that in mind ;)

Also I might actually be at a wedding... I know - I am not sure yet but trying to figure it out!

hurley842002
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
If I can get that sunday off, count me in. Sounds like it will be a hell of a time. hopefully i'll have my rear locker in by then.

poorboyota26
06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
We tried to go to the lake at the top but there was snow covering the trail and andrea isn't too much of an adventurer in that area.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1613.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg253/KnAph0t0s/Camping/IMG_1614.jpg

Chalkie
06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
We tried to go to the lake at the top but there was snow covering the trail and andrea isn't too much of an adventurer in that area.

Which lake? Baldwin? That looks like the trail to Baldwin. If that's the case, you made it further up than I thought was open.

mgoose82
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
If I can get that sunday off, count me in. Sounds like it will be a hell of a time. hopefully i'll have my rear locker in by then.

if you can't get sunday off, hopefully you can still make it up for friday and saturday, or maybe only one day

Hey all, some of us really have to do a little work this weekend for pre-run WFTW reasons... So we need to keep that in mind ;)

Also I might actually be at a wedding... I know - I am not sure yet but trying to figure it out!

are you suggesting we need to get a meeting set up?

that so nice you want to be at my wedding, don't worry, it's the following weekend :D

Lysmachia
06-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh man! I got weddings coming out of my ears!!! Looks Like I will NOT be there but TROY will.... I am going to CA for a TTORA wedding... (Got flower duty! :D )

Quick Draw
06-23-2008, 11:44 PM
You guys are going to be down to drive down 285 (not as far) one more time the following weekend, right? I hope so... I want a good group for my run.

mgoose82
06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
what's the date on your run? i might still be in the area

Jacket
06-24-2008, 05:21 PM
I'll be traveling through that area on 8/2 on my way to Crested Butte and Ouray. Probably take Mosquito and Tincup to get over there (assuming they're open). Hopefully I'll cross path with one or both (co4rj) groups.

Quick Draw
06-24-2008, 09:54 PM
what's the date on your run? i might still be in the area

The following weekend. 8th-10th I believe.

poorboyota26
06-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Which lake? Baldwin? That looks like the trail to Baldwin. If that's the case, you made it further up than I thought was open.

Yep we wanted to go fishing but didn't make it. If you had a quad you could get through but the toyota isn't that skinny. There was about 3' of trail showing at the second drift and the wife made me turn back. :mad:

poorboyota26
06-25-2008, 09:29 AM

8/2am for rafting wheeling all weekend on various trails no sign up or anything just meet and go.

ON a side note:

I need to know who is most definatley going Rafting

8am - 12pm Aug 2nd 46 and change to go
I need 10 bucks per person as a deposit to save the day (Non Refundable) and if you do cancel it's 5 bucks more.
Kinda shitty if you ask me but we want to support our fellow member so....

I have:

Poorboyota26 +1
mrdoug
Prodigy
RedrunnerTC
Hurley842002 +1

mgoose82
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM

i might be able to meet up with you on the 10th, but my wedding is the 9th and that's usually a busy day for us up there anyway. i will try though

motochain
06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
I was in BV on Monday, I would love to make this rafting/wheeling trip but I think it'll just be smooshing too many things together around that time. Take tons of pictures! That river looked like a thrill!

RedRunnertc
06-27-2008, 08:48 PM
So peeps are aware of what else is going on ...

http://www.yotatech.com/f15/co4rj-2008-a-136929/

mgoose82
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
hey just to let everyone know, i have just been informed that there are forest fires in that area right now. so we'll have to see how they turn out

mt_goat
06-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Any updates on the fires?

Chalkie
06-29-2008, 10:15 AM
hey just to let everyone know, i have just been informed that there are forest fires in that area right now. so we'll have to see how they turn out

What area? BV?

There is currently a fire in Park County (the Nash Ranch Fire) which is now 50% contained.

There are no reports of fires in the Chaffee County (BV location) area at present per the GACC.

Edit: when you own property in the National Forest you tend to keep a close eye on this information. :)

fjcruzer
06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
That's all I could find. Here's a good resource:

http://www.nifc.gov/fire_info/nfn.htm

mgoose82
06-29-2008, 06:24 PM
What area? BV?

There is currently a fire in Park County (the Nash Ranch Fire) which is now 50% contained.

There are no reports of fires in the Chaffee County (BV location) area at present per the GACC.

Edit: when you own property in the National Forest you tend to keep a close eye on this information. :)

ok i wasn't exactly sure of the locations i was just told near BV thanks for the update

poorboyota26
07-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm going to start needing deposits after the 4th for the people who are rafting.

It's $10 and goes towards your rafting fee.

If you cancel after you are already on the confirmed and paid list it is an extra $5 cancelation fee. Sorry not my rules.

mrdoug
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM
What's the best way to get this money to you? (non pay-pal option) I don't plan on being down your way any time soon.

I know you're up this way pretty often tho. Perhaps I can collect up during the run on the 4th and we can meet up?

poorboyota26
07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
What's the best way to get this money to you? (non pay-pal option) I don't plan on being down your way any time soon.

I know you're up this way pretty often tho. Perhaps I can collect up during the run on the 4th and we can meet up?

PM Sent

If you don't see Doug or myself between now and the 15th you can PM me and I will get you an address you can send the money OR you can just call Noah's Arc and give them your card #. I haven't yet set it up so you can do that. I'll be able to get to it tomorrow though.

tat2dguy01
07-01-2008, 09:24 AM
i will be in the area (4 mile) this weekend. saturday july 5th. if there is anything i can do 4 you folks, just shout.

poorboyota26
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
could you scope out 376 (the part off of 315 just south of the intersection of 305 and 315) a little I didn't get to do that much scouting on that one. I know that there is a big camp site not far down the trail but it's right on the trail as in everyone who camps down the road would be driving through your camp site kind of thing.

tat2dguy01
07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
np....i'll try to get some pics of and around those cr's as well..should be alot of photo ops since i'll be on the quad

poorboyota26
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I got pics of the two sites at where 305 meets up with len hardy cut off (that's what the pics I posted are from)

Volcom
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Trip's up to 23 rigs, should be a good time wheeling! Where you thinking of coming down Thursday or Friday night poorboyota? If you're going to be around until Friday, I will have to get your phone # from you. I plan on getting a spot Thursday night and could call you and you could post the info here and on YT to where exactly the campsite is.

1 month and counting!

Quick Draw
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Count me in on this. I'll see if I can bring lady friend....its kinda likely. She's in to rafting.

Volcom
07-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Count me in on this. I'll see if I can bring lady friend....its kinda likely. She's in to rafting.

Nice, I'll add you to the list! Are you planning on coming down Friday night or Saturday morning and I take it you plan on wheeling Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

Volcom
07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Here's the list so far

From Yotatech: (http://www.yotatech.com/f15/co4rj-2008-a-136929/)
AxleIke (Holy Cross on Friday)
A-Davis (Holy Cross on Friday)
CUbuff4Runner (Holy Cross on Friday)
DIRTCO (Holy Cross on Friday)
mt_goat
poorboyota26 (Arriving Thursday night)
Red Chili
tc
Volcom (Arriving Thursday night, Holy Cross Friday)
luvmeye22re
4Runner202020
mwilliam13
Mayhem
ScottyC (Arriving Friday afternoon)
4runner Freak

From Marlin Crawler: (http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=44693.0)
jarboarder1 (85xtracab riding along)
854RUN
COtoy91

From CoTTORA: (http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105021)
Mythica
MrDoug (Arriving Thursday night)
Prodigy
Mgoose82
QuickDraw
ike

From Colorado4x4:
TubeWerx (possible Friday HC run but most likely Sat/Sun)
EbayNiccum
jrvyota
sonofmayhem (maybe)
Snake (Saturday Carnage run)
Blackisis (Saturday Carnage run)
TearUmUpTim (needs to ask permission from his wife first)

mgoose82
07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
sounds like this is going to be one hell of a weekend

Volcom
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Scotty from Addicted Offroad (http://www.addictedoffroad.com) has stepped up graciously donate one of his front winch bumpers for 84-95 rigs for a raffle prize drawing (Retail Price of $399)!!!! Here's a link Addicted Offroad's website to view more bumper pictures - Addicted Offroad Bumpers (http://www.addictedoffroad.com/bumpers.html)

http://www.toyotaholics.com/support/files/scotty/20080702142331_PICT7888.JPG

Thanks to Scotty at Addicted Offroad (http://www.addictedoffroad.com) for the raffle prize :xrocker: :xrocker: :xrocker: :xrocker:

Volcom
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
sounds like this is going to be one hell of a weekend

Yes sir, should be a great weekend of wheeling, camping, and talking Toyota's :D

Volcom
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Poorboyota - You still planning on leaving Thursday night? I'm going to take off from Pueblo after work (about 5pm) so I'll be rolling into the campsite area @ 7:30-8pm. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell # so we can try and find each other to establish a campsite big enough to hold 30+ rigs :xrocker: :headbang:

Could I call somebody here Thursday night once I get a campsite location to post the location of the campsite here, Yotatech, and the Marlin board? That would help me out a ton so everybody knows where camp is located!

Thanks!

ike
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I will likely be heading down on thursday night.

Volcom
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I will likely be heading down on thursday night.

Nice! I'll add you to the list!

mrdoug
07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Ditto, I talked with Poorboy Sunday and I think the plan is He's going to take off earlier Thursday. I'll be giving his wife a ride down from loveland after work Thursday evening. My cel is 303-810-0073. I'll have the cb on channel 7 and start calling out when I get somewhat close.

Ike, want to caravan down? or you taking off from the Springs?

ike
07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I work in denver until 4ish. i can head down then if someone gets the dog for me otherwise i am just planning on a late night of driving.

mgoose82
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
i'll be up there thursday night or early friday morning. we should be done unloading everything in jefferson sometime thursday afternoon

poorboyota26
07-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I would like to head up as early as possible because the guys from tread lightly are having a truck there that helps educate people on staying on trails and stuff of that sort. I will be leaving Immediately after work Thursday am. So I should be there around 8 am to get the best spot for 30+ rigs.

If anyone wants to get there tent or a tarp to me so that I can save them a spot, PM me, that will be fine too. I have to have something to do all day while you all are at work and I am enjoying the views. ha ha neener neener. :neener: :neener: :neener:

I will call a few people and give GPS coordinates to where we are and then I'll do the paper plate with arrows on it, thing, so once people get off of the main road they can just follow the plates.

I have to warn you though. Since the Stay the trail people that maintain the area, are going to be there, they might be watching us like a hawk. And since they have my phone # and address they might hold me responsible for all of you's mess. SO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR SELF AND STAY THE TRAIL :D

I know we are a responsible bunch of crazy people but we don't want that one person ruining all the fun for the rest of us.

AxleIke
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I would like to head up as early as possible because the guys from tread lightly are having a truck there that helps educate people on staying on trails and stuff of that sort. I will be leaving Immediately after work Thursday am. So I should be there around 8 am to get the best spot for 30+ rigs.

If anyone wants to get there tent or a tarp to me so that I can save them a spot, PM me, that will be fine too. I have to have something to do all day while you all are at work and I am enjoying the views. ha ha neener neener. :neener: :neener: :neener:

I will call a few people and give GPS coordinates to where we are and then I'll do the paper plate with arrows on it, thing, so once people get off of the main road they can just follow the plates.

I have to warn you though. Since the tread lightly people that maintain the area, are going to be there, they might be watching us like a hawk. And since they have my phone # and address they might hold me responsible for all of you's mess. SO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR SELF AND STAY THE TRAIL :D

I know we are a responsible bunch of crazy people but we don't want that one person ruining all the fun for the rest of us.

Excellent post.

I'm thrilled the TL people will be there.

Pretty sure you don't have to worry about us, but its good to post up anyway.

The vast majority of us have a pretty large financial interest in this sport, given the rigs I see, so we are pretty fierce about keeping people on the trail.

I personally will not confront people directly that I don't know, given the number of firearms in vehicles, but I do and have taken pictures of licence plates, and sent them to the police and rangers.

I also know people, who will remain nameless, who have no problem getting very physical with off trail riders.

Its a serious subject, and thank you for bringing it up.

poorboyota26
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
not a prob. Isaac

I just want everyone to know that they know we will be up there and that they are going to be up there and that we should all act accordingly.

RedRunnertc
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
tread lightly or Stay the Trail?

Volcom
07-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Nice, glad you'll be up there early Thursday. I'll be rolling into camp @ 7-8pm (Dodge CTD pulling the 4Runner). Can you shoot me a call sometime on Thursday so I can post directions to the campsite for everyone here, YT, Marlin, and the CO4x4 guys? I'll PM you my cell # right now :D

I'm going to take a ton of trash bags and make sure every is using them around camp. I don't like to leave dirty campsites.

Thanks again for helping me out with the campsite!

mgoose82
07-10-2008, 01:16 AM
well i have no problem confronting someone when i have a problem with something they are doing. at first i am always respectful until a situation calls for something more tactful. besides what can they do to me that hasn't happened to me already (seriously i'm curious cause it would take one hell of an imagination to figure that one out)

poorboyota26
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
tread lightly or Stay the Trail?

Stay the trail. Sorry bout that. I fixed it.

poorboyota26
07-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I have a friend that will be coming up there with us for the weekend BUT he's in a Chevy stepside so nobody heckel him or I'll kick dirt on you :D They are great people and we have camped with them before.

Making res. for the Rafting trip on Tuesday the 15th If you want to go rafting Aug 2nd in the am, we will be done rafting by 1pm and could get a short trail run in in the afternoon.

Chalkie
07-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I am going to be up there in the area that weekend, but I am not going to be camping, nor rafting. I am up for some wheeling though. Hopefully Hancock and Tincup will be open by then and they are good quick runs.

I will be at our cabin which up Chalk Creek canyon below St. Elmo. Planning on getting up there the evening of the 31st.

I am not trying to interfere with the plans in progress. However, if there are those that want to go for the wheeling and rafting, but are not into the camping, let me know.

Volcom
07-15-2008, 11:34 AM
I seriously can't wait for this trip :eek: It's up to 35 rigs, from stock to fully built. Looks like we'll have 5-8 rigs for Holy Cross and maybe 10-11 for BV Carnage Saturday. If all goes well Saturday, I'd really like to run Iron Chest that night and then a big group run of Chinamans on Sunday. I know there will be quite a few people running some milder trails on Saturday and Sunday.

Raffle-wise for the Addicted Off Road front bumper - I have decided that every rig that shows up will receive 1 raffle ticket. Additional tickets will be sold for $1/each. All the proceeds will be donated to Stay the Trail, Tread Lightly, or the Colorado OHV Coalition (http://www.cohvco.org/ to help keep our trails up for years to come.

So bring your $$ for additional raffle tickets and some firewood for the fire :D

mrdoug
07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
This is going to be great! I'm starting to get really anxious now.

Regarding the trail runs. I know this isn't a super organized/"set in stone" event schedule or anything, but is that the general schedule for the weekend?

Friday - Holy Cross
Saturday day - BV/Carnage
Saturday evening - Iron Chest
Sunday - OCG

I read on other posts/boards where there was an idea was to run OCG during the day and BV/Carnage in the evening.

I personally want to run OCG and Holy Cross, then walk/watch the BV/Carnage show. Tho I'm rafting Saturday, so I don't think I'll actually be able to do all 3.

ike
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
That is the schedule i have come up with. I will likely be taking off thursday from work so i am able to get up there early and be ready for holy cross.

Volcom
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I posted that trail schedule as what I was planning on running. I think BV Carnage is going to take most of Saturday (10-12 rigs have shown interest). Last time I ran it, it took us 12 hours to get 5 rigs though it. We also had quite a bit of breakage that slowed us down. If we started BV Carnage at 5-6pm and it took 12 hours, we'd be getting off the trail at 6am, screwing any chance of running anything the next day.

If you finish up rafting Saturday and want to come watch us on Carnage, my suggestion would be to drive up Chinamans and park at the exit of Carnage. Then walk down the trail until you find us :D It's not very long so if shouldn't take much walking.

I know there was talk of running Grizzly Lake Saturday morning / afternoon while we are running Carnage. I also hope to see some others try another trail. In years past, you had to sign up for trail runs. This year, I'm trying something different. I am going to leave it up to people to talk to each other and figure out their plans and pick a trail. I will have trail descriptions and maps of all the trails in the area to hand out to people.

mrdoug
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Cool, sounds like a plan. I have never watched somebody do bv-carnage, I know it's short but also technical.. hard to judge the number of hours. Ought to be interesting tho and at the very least entertaining.

mgoose82
07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
just found out that i'll be up there thursday night. and i will definately be running holy cross.

what time are the thursday guys going to be getting up there? i might just meet you all in jefferson and follow you on the way up.

poorboyota26
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
So if you are looking for the camp sites on Thursday night. I will be putting up paper plates that say CO4RJ on them (since we are sharing the event with them). I know that this has turned into the unofficial CO4RJ thread so I suppose I'll label the plates that way.

IF you are going to make it after dark. I bought a bunch of those glow sticks and I will be placing them with the plates. :kewl:

I can't wait. I am getting really excited for this. going to be a lot of people there and so sick rigs to drool over. Just hope that I don't hold anyone up on the trails with my stock runner.

Volcom
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Up to 36 rigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be a great group of guys/girls and rigs for the weekend

From Yotatech: (http://www.yotatech.com/f15/co4rj-2008-a-136929/)
AxleIke (Holy Cross on Friday)
A-Davis (Holy Cross on Friday only)
CUbuff4Runner (Holy Cross on Friday)
DIRTCO (Holy Cross on Friday)
mt_goat (Arriving Thursday night, HC on Friday)
poorboyota26 (Arriving Thursday and getting us a campsite)
Red Chili
tc (rafting Saturday morning)
Volcom (Arriving Thursday night, Holy Cross Friday)
luvmeye22re
4Runner202020
mwilliam13
Mayhem
ScottyC (Arriving Friday afternoon)
4runner Freak
E_ROCK (Holy Cross on Friday, Carnage Saturday)

From Marlin Crawler: (http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=44693.0)
jarboarder1 (85xtracab riding along)
854RUN (Arriving Friday night)
COtoy91

From CoTTORA: (http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105021)
Mythica
MrDoug (Arriving Thursday night)
Prodigy
Mgoose82 (Arriving Thursday night, Holy Cross Friday)
QuickDraw (Holy Cross Friday)
ike (Arriving Thursday night, Holy Cross Friday)
Jade (Holy Cross Friday, possible Sat / Sun runs)

From Colorado4x4:
TubeWerx (possible Friday HC run but most likely Sat/Sun)
EbayNiccum (FourBy4Toy here on YT)
jrvyota
sonofmayhem (maybe)
Snake (Saturday Carnage run)
Blackisis (Saturday Carnage run)
89Runner
Letsroll (89Runner's brother)
SMitty (possible)
RockTaco (possible)

dr350jja
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Since this is the WFTW PreRun: how is this supposed to work? What trails are being considered for the PreRun and what Dates??? I would like to participate in the PreRun, but just want to make sure it will be trails I can take my vehicle on. lol
:D

mgoose82
07-20-2008, 10:11 PM
i know while some of the guys will be rafting i'll be checking out some trails. but i think the Pre-run is mainly to check snow levels at this particular time of year. and don't worry any trails that are taken that you can't take your truck on, i'll join you with my truck and we can always check something else out. the only trail I HAVE to go on is Holy Cross. other than that i'm open to whatever

fjcruzer
07-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Since this is the WFTW PreRun: how is this supposed to work? What trails are being considered for the PreRun and what Dates??? I would like to participate in the PreRun, but just want to make sure it will be trails I can take my vehicle on. lol
:D

Just got back from Ouray and have final exams the nest 3 days. After that I'll get us organized. :confused: Your rig? On a trail? :D

mgoose82
07-20-2008, 11:37 PM
also just to let everyone know, i'll be by myself in my truck so if anyone just wants to catch a seeat for some runs let me know, i've got space for 2 more comfortably and 3 more squished. and hopefully i'll be able to bring the dog, have to get 2nd yr shots first and don't know if i can have the cash for that in time

Don_G
07-21-2008, 07:44 AM
I'd like to try HC again - 5-6 rigs is just right.

But 35 rigs anywhere at one time is about 30 more than I want to hang with - seems like you'd spend all your time waiting instead of wheeling. Maybe I don't understand the plan, but this sounds like a zoo!

Clue me in, 'cause I'd like to camp and wheel that weekend - but I just don't like crowds!

mrdoug
07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Check the above trail schedule as well as the list of folks coming from the various boards. Folks are going to run Holy Cross on Friday and it seems that only about 9 rigs are tagged as running that trail.

RedRunnertc
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Anyone else gonna have a dog up there? Any arrangements for them while we're rafting?

ike
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Going to have mine, but he just follows me where ever i go.

poorboyota26
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Our dog Joey sits in the car pretty well but I don't know if we could keep him in there for that long (the heat by 1pm would give him heat stroke). I was thinking of putting him in his kennel until we returned from rafting. We have a spare kennel if you need. In the past we have put him in his kennel in a small tent so that he can't see what's going on outside, then he just goes to sleep.

Jade
07-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I'll show again for Holy Cross if it doesn't get too crowded. If it does, I'll just go home and maybe check out the Saturday and Sunday events as I've never run those trails.

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Anyone else gonna have a dog up there? Any arrangements for them while we're rafting?

i won't be on the rafting run, and if anyone needs me to, i could stick around camp with the pups til everyone gets back

ike
07-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Tents get pretty damn hot though also.

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 12:06 AM
i love dogs and i don't expect them to stay "locked up" for half a day.

THE BEST PART IS, MY BACK IS GETTING BETTER AND I HAVEN'T HAD TO USE A CANE TO WALK IN 2 WEEKS NOW. and i've been playing with my lab a lot lately, and she's heavy

dr350jja
07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
THE BEST PART IS, MY BACK IS GETTING BETTER AND I HAVEN'T HAD TO USE A CANE TO WALK IN 2 WEEKS NOW. and i've been playing with my lab a lot lately, and she's heavy

That's great Matt, 4-wheeln' must have got your back in shape! lol

Don't over-do it now!?!

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 12:32 AM
accupuncture:) and it's even FREE since i'm an iraq vet:D

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 03:19 AM
this just isn't getting here fast enough now. i can't wait til holy cross, i've wanted to run that trail since i was 12 (i'm only 13 yrs late on it). but i'm fabing some front spacers for my truck and i'm going to lower the rear a tad. so i'll be ready for this one

ike
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Make sure those spacers have some sort of lip to keep them retained, and that they are made out of a sturdy enough metal that they dont crack.

Volcom
07-22-2008, 09:14 AM
this just isn't getting here fast enough now.

I feel the same way :D

Jade - I'll add you to the list :cool:

ike
07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
It does feel like it has taken forever, and we are still 2 weeks out.

I guess that is what happens when you actually plan an event though.

Volcom
07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
It does feel like it has taken forever, and we are still 2 weeks out.

I guess that is what happens when you actually plan an event though.

Less then 2 weeks :D 11 to be exact :)

I've been putting the word about CO4RJ out since February :eek:

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Make sure those spacers have some sort of lip to keep them retained, and that they are made out of a sturdy enough metal that they dont crack.

of course, i started fabbing these things up about 6 months ago. i figured with this run comming up and the front end sagging, i need to finally put them in before i run holly cross. but they are very sturdy and i don't have to worry about the coil slipping due to lack of planning

Volcom
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd like to try HC again - 5-6 rigs is just right.

But 35 rigs anywhere at one time is about 30 more than I want to hang with - seems like you'd spend all your time waiting instead of wheeling. Maybe I don't understand the plan, but this sounds like a zoo!

Clue me in, 'cause I'd like to camp and wheel that weekend - but I just don't like crowds!

Looks like we'll have 10-11 rigs for Holy Cross on Friday. Half of them will be fully built, locked F&R, and shouldn't have trouble with French Creek or the rest of the trail. We will have several winches in the group that can help tug the smaller guys across the creek if need be or you can leave your truck below the creek and hop in with somebody else.

I will also try to keep the group moving through the trail. Everyone will get a couple of attempts in French Creek and then we'll get you through an easier line or winched. I will also try to keep that same idea for the Sunday Chinaman's run.

I don't see 30 rigs on any one trail. We might have quite a few for the Chinaman's run on Sunday but I know several others that will drive a different trail that day also.

Camp-wise, the FourMile area is huge and there are tons of campsites around the area we will be camping. If you don't like crowds, you're welcome to find a quieter site. But you're always welcome to hang out and camp with us as well. Either way is cool with us. I hope you can make it :D

mgoose82
07-22-2008, 08:35 PM
add me in as having a winch, i just got the controls hardwired into my truck and it's on a reciever so i can use it on the front or rear of my rig

Quick Draw
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure if I'm on the Holy Cross list....but I would like to be! Hopefully rear locked on 35s with a decent amount of armor.... But not really any belly protection. So I'll give French Creek a shot.

Volcom
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
add me in as having a winch, i just got the controls hardwired into my truck and it's on a reciever so i can use it on the front or rear of my rig

Nice, you can't have enough winches on the trail. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure if I'm on the Holy Cross list....but I would like to be! Hopefully rear locked on 35s with a decent amount of armor.... But not really any belly protection. So I'll give French Creek a shot.

I'll add you to the HC list. Are you going to meet us at the trailhead at 8-9:30am Friday or camp near BV Thursday night?

AxleIke
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM

You'll have a good shot at making it. with your ground clearnace, the belly isn't going to be as much of an issue, and as you've seen in the other threads, Nate did just fine with no belly armor.

I have my doubts about making it across. I have roughly stock ground clearance, and no wheel base advantage.

Volcom, got a seat? :D

dr350jja
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM

great, that's the way to go :D

Volcom
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM
You'll have a good shot at making it. with your ground clearnace, the belly isn't going to be as much of an issue, and as you've seen in the other threads, Nate did just fine with no belly armor.

I have my doubts about making it across. I have roughly stock ground clearance, and no wheel base advantage.

Volcom, got a seat? :D

It will be worth a shot at least, right :D I will have some open seats, you're always welcome to jump in (that's if I can make French Creek :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

Got my front axle done tonight (installed ARP knuckle and hub studs along with Longfield Chromo hub gears). I've almost built the front Toyota axle as strong as you can build it (V-6 third, Cryo'd R&P, ARB or Detroit over the Aussie are the couple of things I could do). I shouldn't have trouble with the drivetrain on this trip.

Avsfreak1234
07-23-2008, 12:57 AM
i really want to run holy cross with this group but cant get any more than the one day off work. I havent paid any attention to this thread but if there is a group going up just for that who and when? otherwise where could I meet up with everyone that morning?

mgoose82
07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
ok so i screwed around trying to make my spacers fit (cheap ass spring compressors piss me off) and i had no luck squezzing them in, so i finally got around to removing the front stablizer bar and what do you know, it was HOLDING my front end down and once it was removed and i test drove it, i gained and inch and a half of height in the front end.

just curious, did anyone get a rough measurement of how deep french creek was last weekend. i'll be running without doors

Quick Draw
07-23-2008, 02:06 AM
ok so i screwed around trying to make my spacers fit (cheap ass spring compressors piss me off) and i had no luck squezzing them in, so i finally got around to removing the torsion bar and what do you know, it was HOLDING my front end down and once it was removed and i test drove it, i gained and inch and a half of height in the front end.

just curious, did anyone get a rough measurement of how deep french creek was last weekend. i'll be running without doors

Torsion bar? On YOUR truck? What? :confused:

I would like to know about water depth on the upcoming trails as well. I will be doing the same...

mgoose82
07-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Torsion bar? On YOUR truck? What? :confused:

my bad, the stablizer bar (i fixed my post)

ike
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Jay, you could always meet us at the trail head that moring. i think it said when somewhere previous in the thread.

ike
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Axleike,

I have seen runners on 33's make the creek. With the right line you should be able to make it.

poorboyota26
07-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I think I'll have to ride along with someone on HC I'm stock height and I don't think that I'll be getting the aal's in by then (too much to do besides the truck). Doug, you going on HC again? That seat still got my name on it? I have to keep my runner in somewhat good shape mechanically cause we are heading up to steamboat after this.

10 days, 8 nights in a tent with my wife. wooo hoooo! The last time I spent that much time living out of a tent was in boy scouts 12 years ago. gawd the list is long.

9 Days left till I leave for BV.

Volcom
07-23-2008, 09:12 AM
i really want to run holy cross with this group but cant get any more than the one day off work. I havent paid any attention to this thread but if there is a group going up just for that who and when? otherwise where could I meet up with everyone that morning?

We are meeting at the trailhead at 9-9:30am and planning on leaving @ 9:30. Several people are leaving from Denver that morning and heading straight to the trailhead. A couple of us are camping near BV Thursday night and will be caravaning up Friday morning.

Jade
07-23-2008, 09:12 AM
The water's not deep enough to require doors gang. ....but I just got this evil idea to splash anyone without doors with freezing cold water, just to make it interesting:xdevil:.

mgoose82
07-23-2008, 11:04 AM
The water's not deep enough to require doors gang. ....but I just got this evil idea to splash anyone without doors with freezing cold water, just to make it interesting:xdevil:.

thanks for the update, i just wanted to know if i need to keep stuff off my floor or not. but i really don't care that much if the truck get WET inside so splash away. i was planning on laying down in the creek anyway.

RedRunnertc
07-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it for Holy Cross ... just too much crap at work on the last day of the (fiscal) month, and the extra fuel over there from/to BV just ain't in the cards right now.

I will be heading down to BV right after work on Friday.

AxleIke
07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Axleike,

I have seen runners on 33's make the creek. With the right line you should be able to make it.

I'm sure you have, as I have too.

It changes from year to year.

Its not the 33's, its the belly. I hang really low. Its not the first line of rocks, but the second line of rocks that are huge this year. I will either park it or have to take a winch. My truck has a lot of bling, but is extremely lacking in the area of ground clearance and "slideablity". I just hang on stuff. Also, my tires blow.

Longer wheel base and clearance, like what Kyle has, is likely the ticket, although the guys who were walking it were on 37's or bigger. The hole that nate got into swallowed a 36 before he tried it.

Also, I am out for the rest of the weekend. I am fairly sure I can make the HC trip, as that is only 20 bucks, but thats going to be it. I had some very unexpected expensive crap come up, and I can swing the 20 bucks it'll cost me to got to HC and back, but the rest I can't afford. :(

00regcab
07-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, so who is not going to be camping with them in BV? I'm only going to be in for the Holy Cross run as well.

Isaac (axleike) and i talked about heading up and setting up camp thursday night, then meeting them at the trail head at 9:30 friday morning. We're looking to camp where we did last time, which is only roughly a mile from the trail head.

Anybody is welcome, if theres enough interest i'll post up a meeting time/location, so everybody knows. If its just going to be 2-3 of us, then just PM me.

Also folks, I would highly advise against this trail if you're open/open. Even if you have armor.

Volcom
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Also, I am out for the rest of the weekend. I am fairly sure I can make the HC trip, as that is only 20 bucks, but thats going to be it. I had some very unexpected expensive crap come up, and I can swing the 20 bucks it'll cost me to got to HC and back, but the rest I can't afford. :(

That sucks to hear. Glad you're making it to HC though!

Also folks, I would highly advise against this trail if you're open/open. Even if you have armor.

I agree.

mgoose82
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
just to let everyone camping know, this weeking is going to serve as my bachelor party since i'm getting married up there the following weekend

Avsfreak1234
07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
nate, I would love to head up that way thursday night with you guys and camp there for the run the next morning. pm me and we'll work something out. this is on the 1st right. I want to make sure I get the right day off work.

00regcab
07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
nate, I would love to head up that way thursday night with you guys and camp there for the run the next morning. pm me and we'll work something out. this is on the 1st right. I want to make sure I get the right day off work.

Correct.

The run is the 1st, we will be camping thursday evening (the 31'st) and running the trail on friday (the 1st.)

Not sure how you'll get to vail from estes, so PM me with the route you plan to take, and we'll come up with a spot to meet you at

mgoose82
07-24-2008, 12:12 AM
now i really can't wait. my brother called me today and he's going to meet us at the trailhead or near it anyway and ride along with me. he's also going to see if some of his friends with buggies want to join us and run cleavland rock

ike
07-24-2008, 08:00 AM
sounds like this run may be big enough that we may want to consider breaking into two groups.

AxleIke
07-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree 100%. It was already a really large group. This could turn into a serious traffic jam.

Perhaps the buggy guys can skip the one way part, so they can get up there faster, and a smaller group of us IFS dudes plus one or two big trucks can head up the one way, since there are some fun obstacles there that would be totally boring for big trucks.

Besides, they would be bored running with us anyway.

Aaron, most of your guys are at least truggied, right, if not close to buggied? If we did it that way, you all could run ahead, and we would likely catch you at french creek, but probably just the end of your group, in which case we could still have a winch for those of us who'll need one, and no one would be waiting forever. I think at least one of the IFS guys has a winch, so they could go first, the last guy in your group could winch him if he needs it, and then he could be on winch duty, and the buggy group could go have a run at Cleaveland rock.

mrdoug
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Ah man! I wanted to watch the action at Cleavland Rock at least. Ah well... it IS going to be a pretty large crowd tho. This makes sense.

mrdoug
07-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Kevin.. What's the $$ for the rafting? I know there was/is a $10 deposit, but what's the rest of the tally?

Volcom
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
A-Davis - 85 4Runner locked F&R, 35's (he might not make it)
CUbuff4Runner - 96 4Runner, 36's, locked F&R
DIRTCO - 85 4Runner, 37's, locked F&R,
mt_goat - 93 truck, 33's, IFS, locked F&R
Me - 84 4Runner, 40's, locked F&R
My brother - 93 YJ, 37's, locked F&R

mrdoug
AxleIke
Mgoose82
QuickDraw
ike
Jade
92regcab

I've never been on this trail so I'm up for ideas. I think AxleIke's idea of letting the bigger rigs go first and then helping a couple of you over French Creek would work.

Mgoose82 - How many buggies of your brother's friends were you going to invite?

AxleIke
07-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Ah man! I wanted to watch the action at Cleavland Rock at least. Ah well... it IS going to be a pretty large crowd tho. This makes sense.

Huh? You'll get to see the cleaveland rock action still. I doubt they will be done with it by the time we get done. If nothing else, we can group up at the city, and they can help us across the creek. Then we can all walk up to the rock and see what that looks like as the people who want to try, go for it. I'm sure at least Nate and Kyle will up their wheels up on it.

AxleIke
07-24-2008, 09:51 AM
A-Davis - 85 4Runner locked F&R, 35's (he might not make it)
CUbuff4Runner - 96 4Runner, 36's, locked F&R
DIRTCO - 85 4Runner, 37's, locked F&R,
mt_goat - 93 truck, 33's, IFS, locked F&R
Me - 84 4Runner, 40's, locked F&R
My brother - 93 YJ, 37's, locked F&R

mrdoug
AxleIke
Mgoose82
QuickDraw
ike
Jade
92regcab

I've never been on this trail so I'm up for ideas. I think AxleIke's idea of letting the bigger rigs go first and then helping a couple of you over French Creek would work.

The first section is one way, and has some small rock obstacles that are fun if you are IFS or on 33's. You get some good stands, and flex (if you want to call it that).

The bail out road comes in just before the first obstacle, that will slow us down a bit. Even the two locker guys struggled a bit. You big tired trucks won't have as much of an issue. From the bail out, its about a half an hour to the creek.

Goose, and QD I know are less concerned about body damage, and QD is on big tires, so they may be able to go first at the creek. Also, Goose has a winch, I think. Even though QD only has a rear locker, I think its about momentum and wheel speed and ground clearance, so with the big tires, he has a good shot of making it unaided, as long as he doesn't blow up his front end. Up to them of course. Just throwing it out there.

French creek will challenge the guy with 35's, but he should make it without too much issue. the 37's will find it hard too, but really shouldn't have any trouble. I know that you on 40's with dual cases should be able to cake walk through.

Volcom
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
The first section is one way, and has some small rock obstacles that are fun if you are IFS or on 33's. You get some good stands, and flex (if you want to call it that).

The bail out road comes in just before the first obstacle, that will slow us down a bit. Even the two locker guys struggled a bit. You big tired trucks won't have as much of an issue. From the bail out, its about a half an hour to the creek.

Goose, and QD I know are less concerned about body damage, and QD is on big tires, so they may be able to go first at the creek. Also, Goose has a winch, I think. Even though QD only has a rear locker, I think its about momentum and wheel speed and ground clearance, so with the big tires, he has a good shot of making it unaided, as long as he doesn't blow up his front end. Up to them of course. Just throwing it out there.

French creek will challenge the guy with 35's, but he should make it without too much issue. the 37's will find it hard too, but really shouldn't have any trouble. I know that you on 40's with dual cases should be able to cake walk through.

Thanks for the run down and heads up about the trail. I want to make sure everyone that shows up has a good time on HC :D

mgoose82
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM

if they can even make it there will only be 2. plus my brother is going to ride in my truck cause he's got a stock '05 F-150

i could care less about body damage. i cary rattle cans to fix it if it's bad enough. and yes i do have a winch. i as well only have the one locker. and i don't mind going first through the creek (that just makes it more interesting)

ike
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
the body damage i would be concerned about cant be fixed with a rattle can.

mrdoug
07-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Body damage is one thing, busted CV's & destroyed drive shafts is another. This trail is skinny and there's not alot of places where a broken rig can be pulled off to open up the trail. When troy had issues with his CV's, it blocked the trail for about 15+ rigs.

Blasting thru this without a care about _your_ rig actually effects everybody else (it's an up and back, so a blocked trail blocks in both directions). Keep this in mind when you're thinking "I don't care about my rig". I realize that's not what's being said here, but the general attitude is approaching that and you should keep the above in mind.

One of the Jeeps that was up there last week was pounding around in the creek, busted his tie-rod and it held up all traffic in both directions for over an hour while they tried to winch him out (somebody had to follow the vehicle to manually turn the wheels to guide him out).

Volcom
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Body damage is one thing, busted CV's & destroyed drive shafts is another. This trail is skinny and there's not alot of places where a broken rig can be pulled off to open up the trail. When troy had issues with his CV's, it blocked the trail for about 15+ rigs.

Blasting thru this without a care about _your_ rig actually effects everybody else (it's an up and back, so a blocked trail blocks in both directions). Keep this in mind when you're thinking "I don't care about my rig". I realize that's not what's being said here, but the general attitude is approaching that and you should keep the above in mind.

One of the Jeeps that was up there last week was pounding around in the creek, busted his tie-rod and it held up all traffic in both directions for over an hour while they tried to winch him out (somebody had to follow the vehicle to manually turn the wheels to guide him out).

Good post!

I hope to avoid parts carnage on anybody's rig during this trip. It would be nice to have everyone make it up and down without too many incidents. I also hope to avoid any traffic on the trail (I doubt it but hey, I've got my fingers crossed :D )

poorboyota26
07-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Doug,

$10 dep. + 36 and change when you get there.

mgoose82
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
oh i don't wheel with a "who cares" attidtude. all i meant was that if i got a choice between sliding the frame or smashing the side of my truck, i'm giong to pick smashing the body. i definately don't want to BREAK anything, but sometimes shit happens

ike
07-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I dont think that this trail gives you that choice

mgoose82
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
i will just have to find out when i get there. i've never ran this trail. i've just always wanted to

Quick Draw
07-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Waiting on my schedule to come out tomorrow to determine my plans for driving up Friday, or camping Thursday night....Will let you guys know. I'm hoping to camp Thursday night, but I won't be able to leave until about 9, if I'm working late then. And at that point, it might be too late to go up, and find where the hell you guys are...

Also hoping to get my FJC RC crawler up and running by then.....that thing is the bomb for camping!

BTW, when did it become decided that I don't give a fuck about body damage? Oh wait....when my truck got beat to shit, and I laughed my ass off.....nevermind.... Otherwise, I do really care about not beating my baby up. When it happens to the body, whatever, I can get over it, but I still avoid any damage at all costs!

AxleIke
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
My bad then. I must've mistaken the carnage run, it may have been nate.

However, you still have the biggest tires out of the IFS group.

As i said though, totally your call.

Quick Draw
07-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Probably not, Isaac... It was likely me. I've gotten about 80% of my carnage on carnage... But I don't think I've ever gone with you, so if you're referring to a time where you went, then no, it wasn't me. If you're referring to my blown up tail lights, smashed tailgate, bent front crossmember, dents in the cab, etc that you've seen pics of on here, then yes, it was me.

And hell yes, I'm game for French Creek. You called it, and I'm up for the challenge.

00regcab
07-25-2008, 01:47 AM
TO THE FOLKS CAMPING WITH US BY HC THURSDAY EVENING

I've decided, with Jay coming from Estes and dropping into i70 from Golden. We will meet in Silverthorne at the shell directly to your right, right off the highway. Meeting time will be 7pm, that should put us at our ideal camp site around 8:30 if we dont lolly-gag too much and get the show on the road. Also, it's ideal to top off in silverthorne, as gas is roughly the same price as gas in denver, and it'll allow plenty of gas to wheel, and get home without having to stop again.

If you're going to meet us in silverthorne please PM me so I have a headcount. I will also PM you back with my cell # so you can call me if you're behind, and we can work a plan from there.

Isaac (Axleike), are you for sure in?

- Also, it wasnt me thats not worried about body damage, not with my Taco. My 92 i could of cared less about, however. :p

Just my :2cents: with this subject, i think 1-2 rigs with winches, that absolutely will not have much of a problem with French Creek should go first. No matter what line you take through the creek, you're pretty much fucked for the next section and winching is highly likely. It'll also help us follow the 3 strikes, your out rule so we arent backing up the trail.

AxleIke
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Pretty much for sure in Nate. I've taken the day off of work.

I agree on the 3 strikes rule.

re-reading through the posts, I discovered a lot of maybes and conjecture on the actual number of rigs. I suggest the following:

We actually see how many trucks show up before deciding one group or two.

It would be ideal at French creek to let the big dogs run through, and then turn around and pull us.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY second the 3 strikes rule. If I'm leading a run, and there are more than 4 trucks, I ALWAYS institute that rule. However, Volcom's call on this one.

If there are too many trucks to make it fun, then we split up.

Volcom
07-25-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm hoping to camp Thursday night, but I won't be able to leave until about 9, if I'm working late then. And at that point, it might be too late to go up, and find where the hell you guys are...

I'll post the exact spot we are camping on this thread Thursday afternoon after Poorboyota finds a campsite and calls me. We'll be up late Thursday night so if you roll in at midnight. Shouldn't be a problem! Anyone that wants my cell #, PM me and I'll give it out (if you can't find the campsite, something changes, etc...)

Just my :2cents: with this subject, i think 1-2 rigs with winches, that absolutely will not have much of a problem with French Creek should go first. No matter what line you take through the creek, you're pretty much fucked for the next section and winching is highly likely. It'll also help us follow the 3 strikes, your out rule so we arent backing up the trail.

I agree on the 3 strikes rule.

re-reading through the posts, I discovered a lot of maybes and conjecture on the actual number of rigs. I suggest the following:

We actually see how many trucks show up before deciding one group or two.

It would be ideal at French creek to let the big dogs run through, and then turn around and pull us.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY second the 3 strikes rule. If I'm leading a run, and there are more than 4 trucks, I ALWAYS institute that rule. However, Volcom's call on this one.

If there are too many trucks to make it fun, then we split up.

I agree. We'll keep everyone moving throughout the day. I don't like sitting at one obstacle for hours and hours while people try 5-10-20 times to climb something.

I don't think anybody in the group will object to pulling the smaller guys through French creek. I also agree that we should see how many rigs show up and then make a decision to split or remain as a group.

AxleIke
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm bringing my buddy Brian, who's on leave from the Marines until the 2nd. He and I will likely be headed up earlier than the rest. We will set up camp in the same spot as before, if its available, if thats cool.

And I'm definetly in for the HC run.

00regcab
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm bringing my buddy Brian, who's on leave from the Marines until the 2nd. He and I will likely be headed up earlier than the rest. We will set up camp in the same spot as before, if its available, if thats cool.

And I'm definetly in for the HC run.

Isaac, what time thursday are you heading up? If its like mid-day i might just say eff it and take all day thursday off as well. Or at least the afternoon.

Id much rather do that, get camp set up. Veg out for awhile, then i could always run out and meet people at the 24/703 turn off around 8 to lead them back to camp or whatever.

AxleIke
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Not sure yet. I am cutting and baggin ice at the Ice core lab at the Fed center mon, tues, and wed, so I have to get caught up on work on Thurs. Won't be too bad though. I'd say I'll be leaving at 2-3 earliest.

00regcab
07-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Hmm, i may skip lunch and leave work around 4 then.

Quick Draw
07-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Workin' til 8:30 on Thursday... Maybe its best for me to go in the morning? I don't know.... opinions?

AxleIke
07-25-2008, 11:40 PM
As long as you are there on time, sounds good. Plenty of camping all weekend anyway.

Avsfreak1234
07-26-2008, 01:04 AM
nate, no way I can make it to silverthorne by 7... if you want to push back the meet to 8 I might be able to make it. otherwise, if you can come up with a good campsite that I could find I can meet there whenever I get around to it.

00regcab
07-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Kyle - unless you want to leave the denver area by 6am, i wouldnt suggest leaving in the morning. We'll be up late, and we can leave isaacs truck parked close with the cb on or something?

Jay - same with you, i just dont want to set up camp in the dark. Its not bad, but i feel rushed and i want to get there with the sun up, and just kick back and relax, get a fire/food going, and so on.

Isaac (ike) - what are your plans? Are you camping with us thursday, or are you going to BV?

ike
07-26-2008, 10:16 AM
I was going to go to BV originally, as then i can just leave camp there the entire weekend. But on the downside it would be alot more driving, so i have been tempted to head up with you guys. I will make a final descision soon and let you know.

Don_G
07-26-2008, 12:57 PM
For Holy Cross Trail Area:

Turn off US24 SouthWest onto Homestake Rd at: N39.47448 xW106.36165

Last week we camped at N39.40883 x W106.43234. This was 0.7 miles NE from the HC trailhead, and .3 miles NE from the official Gold Park CG. It was a nice big place to camp.

Continue SouthWest to HC Trailhead: N39.40313 x W106.44355 This section of trail is one way (in or NW).

FSR 727 (759?) meets HCT: N39.41010 x W106.45531 Bailout here on return.

French Creek crosses HCT: N39.42068 x W106.47521

Coming out on HCT turn right where FSR 727 (759?) meets HCT (above). That'll put you running S and SW on FSR727 (759?) (aka Fancy Creek Road).

FSR727(759?)/Fancy Crk Rd will hit Missouri Crk Rd at: N39.3907 x W106.47047. Turn left (E and NE) on Missouri Rd.

Turn left again onto Homestake Rd at N39.39852 x W106.44353. This will take you back past the HC trailhead and to camp. Continue NorthEast to US24.

[Garmin has the Forest Service Road as 759, Google has 727. I'd trust Google.]

Quick Draw
07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Well I'm going to take 285 up to BV on Thursday night. First of all, because I say screw I-70 and all of its bullshit whenever possible....and 2nd, because I can stop in Fairplay and spend the night at my cabin, if I need. So I would say if I don't show up Thursday night, don't worry.....If I don't show up in the morning, then worry about me...

AxleIke
07-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, staying in the cabin I can totally understand, but you do realize that at that time of night I-70 will be pretty empty? When we went up, I was the slowest truck around by a long shot.

If it was me, I'd stay in the cabin too, but just didn't want you to miss the camping cuz you thought there'd be traffic.

I say this because of the other week, and in no way to be a jerk, but the train has to roll out at 9 ish at the trail head, late comers gotta play catch up, which won't be hard.

We were on the trail by 9:15 ish, broke a little before 10, and had 20 trucks backed up behind us by 10:30.

We don't want to be behind anyone if at all possible.

Avsfreak1234
07-27-2008, 12:14 AM
ill see if i can get off work an hour or so early thursday and meet up with you nate. otherwise i can hail yall on my CB when i get near you past redcliff.

AxleIke
07-27-2008, 09:04 AM
ill see if i can get off work an hour or so early thursday and meet up with you nate. otherwise i can hail yall on my CB when i get near you past redcliff.

No way anyone at the campsite will pick you up. Ham, sure. CB, no way.

my cb is good for maybe 500 yards.

Don_G
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
You can use google maps to get a reasonable map of the area by typing in the Lat/Long given above.

CBs might work 2-3 miles if you have line-of-sight - which you won't.

Google says it's 2.6 miles South from the Red Cliff turn-off on 24 to the Homestake Road turn-off. Then 6.6 miles of dirt road running SW to the un-named campsite we used last time.

00regcab
07-27-2008, 02:25 PM
What we'll do. Jay, call me when you're leaving estes, i'll let you know where we're at, and how far behind you are. Get a rough guesstimate on how long you think it'll take you to get to the minturn turn off after vail, then i can always just park my truck out by the dirt road with the lights on or something. The spot we were in last time, will be fairly easy to find.

Quick Draw
07-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Jay, you're welcome to stay at my cabin, if you want... It'll be a short drive in the morning, but not nearly as far, and difficult to find at night, after work, when you're already tired. Let me know....

ike
07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Nate, i am just heading strait to HC on thrusday. give me an update on where/when you guys are meeting.

Avsfreak1234
07-28-2008, 12:23 AM
cool nate. Ill talk to that boss tuesday and can probably get off about 4. Im probably picking up a friend in boulder but that should only be a 5minute stop. from there its about 2 hours to silverthorne so I should be getting there about 7, maybe a little later...

00regcab
07-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Kyle - our spot is SUPER easy to find, and really shouldnt be an issue at all. As posted, my truck will be parked along the side of FR703 off of 24 wherever we end up camping at. (Camp site we are going to try to get is approx. 6.5 miles in, on the left side, as Don posted.)

Jay - Call me sometime this week. I PM'd you my number

Isaac (ike) - I'm not too sure when Isaac is going to be heading up, but him and i chatted a little earlier this week and we know what camp site we want to try to get. And it shouldnt be much of an issue to get on a thursday. Worst case scenario i should be pulling onto FR703 around 8pm (assuming i do not get off until 5, which im going to try to cut out early) You have my #, give me a call sometime this week (anytime between 12-1 or after 5) and we'll get fine details worked out.

mgoose82
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
also for those of you camping near the trailhead. keep an eye out for an '05 F-150 that's red with black highlights. it's my brother and his name is shawn. thanks guys

ike
07-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Nate, i will likely be heading out around 2 from ft collins. i will see you up there.

Avsfreak1234
07-28-2008, 11:52 PM
ike, give nate or me a call thursday when you are heading out so we know where and when to expect to meet up. we are still planning on meeting up at silverthorne about 7 but youll probably beat us there.

ike
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Will do, i may also hang around alittle and just meet up with you guys when you are heading out.

mrdoug
07-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I took Thursday off as well. I'm thinking I'll caravan down with you all and save some gas by staying at the HC trail head and just wheel with my crap.

poorboyota26
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Want to leave with me at 7am and get a good spot for your tent at 4 mile area? :D

mrdoug
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah, um.. no. 7am is a little early for me.

00regcab
07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Poorboy - i believe the following will NOT be camping in BV thursday night.

Me
Kyle (quickdraw)
Jay (avsfreak)
Isaac (axleike)
Isaac (ike)
Doug (mrdoug)

We're going to be staying somewhere close to the HC trail head. Hopefully in the same spot we ended up in last time.

poorboyota26
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM
mmm k
so I got confused about the whole stay the trail thing and after 6 e-mails a few phone call's and a month, someone got a hold of me. Apparently they only inform people about things like what happens when you go off the trail and make people aware of the damages they cause and are pretty much a group of people (not unlike us) who organize trail clean up's and do volunteer work to keep trails clean.

I thought that they maintained the four mile area and that their trailer was going to be up there this weekend. Not so. they will be in Leadville for the 200 and something JEEP gathering. I was asleep when I got the call and it ripped me straight out of bed in the middle of my 4 hour nap before I have to type this and head into work, so I didn't get much of what the guy said except that there will be a SHIT TON of people up there this weekend and all week next week and we are going to have to deal with a lot of other people.

poorboyota26
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Also.... If you didn't get your deposit for the rafting to me, you can call Noah"s Ark Adventures (719-395-2158) and give them a card # over the phone. Currently there are 6 seats reserved for us under my name (Kevin Klepper). If you want to go rafting you should call them and give your deposit, so that it's less of a mad rush when we get there. I'm sure we will all be at our best at 9am on saturday morn. after an evening of campfire stories:D

ike
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Nate, it looks like doug and i will be heading up to HC earlier in the day on thursday than the rest of you. We will set up in the site you guys used on the last run if it is open. Then it is down to BV where we can hopefully find a place to stay from the sound of it for the rest of the weekend.

mgoose82
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
i may decide to just head up to the HC trail head thursday night also (so i can be there to meet my brother in the morning. but it depends on when i get up there plus i'm not exactly sure where it's at so still undecided

fjcruzer
07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
there will be a SHIT TON of people up there this weekend and all week next week and we are going to have to deal with a lot of other people.

2008 All 4 Fun Jeep Gathering Aug 2-9th, Leadville, CO
http://www.mhjc.org/all4fun/2008AFF/2008%20All%204%20Fun%20Information%20letter.pdf

http://hobojeepers.tripod.com/AFF03main.htm

00regcab
07-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Isaac, the spot (as shown by the GPS coordinates don posted up) is approx. 6.5-6.6 miles in on the left hand side, its a fairly open meadow, and we were talking about trying to get further back into the meadow this time (theres more camping a little further back in the trees). Im going to try to pull out of brighton around 4

mrdoug
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Holy crap. At first I was reading those flyers and thinkin we were going to be unbothered since it seemed like a really 'low end' bunch (family bbq, parade, etc), but it seems that they list out the same trails as us on the second link. This could be a real mess.

mrdoug
07-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Also.... If you didn't get your deposit for the rafting to me, you can call Noah"s Ark Adventures (719-395-2158) and give them a card # over the phone. Currently there are 6 seats reserved for us under my name (Kevin Klepper). If you want to go rafting you should call them and give your deposit, so that it's less of a mad rush when we get there. I'm sure we will all be at our best at 9am on saturday morn. after an evening of campfire stories:D

So how many are going to actually go rafting?

Don_G
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not planning on rafting, unless there's nobody to wheel with on Sat.

I've got a change of plans - I'm gonna go to the 4-Mile (BV) area and camp out Thurs. night. Then I'll wheel that area with Kevin on Friday. We may do Grizzly or summat. I'm afraid of French Creek with my rig. It's just too big.

So I'll go try a different trail instead of watching everybody.

Jade
07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm not planning on rafting either. I'll show up at the HC Trailhead or the campsite if I spot it, before 9am. If the day turns into a fuster-cluck, chances are that I won't run the trails in the BV area Sat or Sun. I'll decide when I decide....us oldies are like that....

poorboyota26
07-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I made res. for 6 people:

Mr. Doug
RedRunnerTC
Poorboyota26 + 3

I believe Prodigy wanted to go but never contacted me about getting me the money, so I wasn't able to cover him. A couple more people might be going but I don't know. They said that they can add people without too much of a hassle so.

Going to work now I'll post up more info of what I got when I get off and head out in the AM.

RedRunnertc
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I called and paid today Kevin. At first, they were like, "that'll be $244.46". I thought, "I bet Kevin would really appreciate me picking up the tab" for about a pico-second, and then said "um, how about for just one?" :D

Don_G
07-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Let me know if you need somebody to go rafting. I'd rather be wheeling, but I could fill a seat if you're in a bind. I've done it before, but on a different river. It seems like a cold roller coaster now!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/don700/misc/Gauley_5c.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/don700/misc/Gauley_2c.jpg

Volcom
07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Monday night my basement flooded with 2-5" of mud and water from my backyard after getting a super bad rainstorm. It filled up one window-well with 6 feet of mud and water and broke the window, allowing all that into the basement. The other window-well had 4 feet of mud and the window held up. I've spent the last 48 hours busting my ass getting the basement cleaned up and getting everything we took out, cleaned up and back down into the basement. I honestly thought I wasn't going to make it to the CO4RJ after all.

I'm going to be there Thursday night, probably a little later than I was expecting (since I still haven't gotten the 4Runner ready, camp gear out, and food bought and packed).

Anybody know Kevin's (porrboyota26) cell #???? If you know it, can you please PM with with it. I need to get ahold of him.

Thanks!!! I'll see you guys Friday morning at 9am at the HC trailhead (or some of you at camp Thursday night in BV)

Don_G
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM
PM sent.

fjcruzer
07-31-2008, 01:04 AM
PM sent.

Isn't it past your bed time? :missingto

mgoose82
07-31-2008, 01:34 AM
PM sent.Isn't it past your bed time? :missingto

yours too

Don_G
07-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Isn't it past your bed time? :missingto

yours too

Yeah, it was. And I can tell it this morning. Was up late packing so I can leave from work about 3 PM.

RedRunnertc
07-31-2008, 08:05 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/don700/misc/Gauley_5c.jpg

Don, I think you're supposed to paddle the same direction as everyone else .... :D

Don_G
07-31-2008, 08:08 AM
I was taking a breather after a solid dunking.

mrdoug
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
So what? we're going to get wet??!?! I'll melt.

Actually I hadn't really thought about the rafting. Besides some sort of jacket (to get soaked) what else would be wise to wear/bring?

I'm assuming teva's for foot wear, shorts and at least a change of clothes for after. I'm guessing that water's going to be damn cold too.

poorboyota26
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I knew I forgot to pack something.....swimsuit.

Aaron: I'll give you a call here in about a minute.

I'm headed out people! I will try and get the camp site that is closest to 315 and 376 intersection. For those of you getting there after dark look for the paper plates with the arrows and the glow sticks. I'll be on channel 7 on the CB. The camp site will be taped off with pink tape. I will be taking a nap and you can help yourself to the rest!!!!!!!

To get there:

from Denver
Take 285 west and stay on it for 89 miles 285 meets up with 24 go straight and...(see the blue)

From the Springs
Take Hwy 24 to woodland park and stay on it until it meets up with Hwy 285 (75 miles) Turn left. (see the blue)

The turn off for 315 is 8 miles from where 285 and 24 meet, and 305 (longer rout to camp but easier for those with trailers) is one or two miles before that.

There are maps of the area shortly after you turn off of the highway.

My number is: tree 0 tree 5 one 8 four six 9 zero if you need further directions. (I don't know the colo springs route at all though).

Rafting check in is at 8am Saturday. I have a hard enough time getting my wife up that early so I can't be anyone's alarm clock. We can caravan out to Noahs Ark Adventures at 7:30 and that should put us there right at 8.

AxleIke
07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
I am still up in the air on departure time, so no one wait for me. There is a small possibility that I'll be leaving in the morning now, but I'm waiting on my buddy.

Looking forward to it.

Volcom
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Aaron: I'll give you a call here in about a minute.

I'm headed out people! I will try and get the camp site that is closest to 315 and 376 intersection. For those of you getting there after dark look for the paper plates with the arrows and the glow sticks. I'll be on channel 7 on the CB. The camp site will be taped off with pink tape. I will be taking a nap and you can help yourself to the rest!!!!!!!

To get there:

from Denver
Take 285 west and stay on it for 89 miles 285 meets up with 24 go straight and...(see the blue)

From the Springs
Take Hwy 24 to woodland park and stay on it until it meets up with Hwy 285 (75 miles) Turn left. (see the blue)

The turn off for 315 is 8 miles from where 285 and 24 meet, and 305 (longer rout to camp but easier for those with trailers) is one or two miles before that.

There are maps of the area shortly after you turn off of the highway.

My number is: tree 0 tree 5 one 8 four six 9 zero if you need further directions. (I don't know the colo springs route at all though).

Just talked to Kevin, he's leaving now to snag us a good campsite!!! If anybody has any questions, PM me today. I'm planning on leaving tonight @5-6pm and making it to camp @ 9pm.

poorboyota26
07-31-2008, 11:41 AM
305 Gps

N38 50.479 W106 00.750

poorboyota26
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I just noticed a bolt missing from my drive shaft :eek: could someone bring one if you have a spare? I need the bolt washer and nut.

Thanks see you there.

mgoose82
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
well i'm leaving in about an hour. got a couple quick stops to make first and then a longer stop in jefferson. see everyone up there

mrdoug
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Packin up the truck and heading out shortly. Will have CB on 7.

See you all on the trail.

fjcruzer
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Sorry folks, I need to stay in the lowlands for now, but might be able to make it up Friday night or likely Saturday. At the very least I'd like to hook up with everyone Saturday for the Carnage action, trail reports and some war stories. Perhaps I can tag along on Iron Chest Sat night as well. Feel free to text trail plans (seventwozero-tretrefore-1seven4seven) and I'll tune into CB7. Stay cool up there!

AxleIke
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Packin up the truck and heading out shortly. Will have CB on 7.

See you all on the trail.

are you camping with us by HC?

I'm leaving in an hour. Should be up by the campsite around 7:30.

Volcom
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
GPS of the campsite
N38 51.479 W106 03.380

Take 315 to the intersection and turn left on 376. The campsite will be right there!!!

If you copy and paste those coordinates into Google Maps, it will show you exactly where the campsite is located.

fjcruzer
07-31-2008, 04:59 PM
WFTW folks, if it works for you, these are the trails I'm thinking we could focus on for pre-runs:

Boulder Mountain
Carnage Canyon BV
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake
Iron Chest
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton

All of these are close to BV and offer a variety.

RedRunnertc
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Got the info, gonna try and get out of work a bit early and head down. Looks like 2.5 - 3 hrs from here in my slow ass truck ...

Kevin - I'm 99% sure I have DS bolts in my kit.

Volcom
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
WFTW folks, if it works for you, these are the trails I'm thinking we could focus on for pre-runs:

Boulder Mountain
Carnage Canyon BV
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake
Iron Chest
Mount Antero
Mount Princeton

All of these are close to BV and offer a variety.

BV Carnage was in great shape last Saturday! Took 6 of us 6 hours to drive the trail with some carnage (R&P, body damage, broken windshield)

fjcruzer
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
BV Carnage was in great shape last Saturday! Took 6 of us 6 hours to drive the trail with some carnage (R&P, body damage, broken windshield)

Sounds perfect!