: 04 to 05 Taco conversion?

andrewmft
05-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Just curious how similar to the specs of the 04 and 05 models are in regards to hoods and front bumpers....

I have an 04 Taco and love the new 05 sport hood as well as the 05's bumpers with built in foglights...is it possible to purchase w/o many mods? OR would it be easier (and probably cheaper) to add a scoop to my current hood and also install my own fog lights either to the current bumper or to a brushguard when/ if i purchase one of those?

dcpunk123
05-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Just curious how similar to the specs of the 04 and 05 models are in regards to hoods and front bumpers....

I have an 04 Taco and love the new 05 sport hood as well as the 05's bumpers with built in foglights...is it possible to purchase w/o many mods? OR would it be easier (and probably cheaper) to add a scoop to my current hood and also install my own fog lights either to the current bumper or to a brushguard when/ if i purchase one of those?
the 05 is a completely new truck, i doubt they share any components.

hytenor
05-21-2005, 12:51 PM

nothing is the same...a complete design change from the ground up.

Nullifier
05-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I would say go to a composite hood for cost reasons. If it is the scoop your after you could probably get an '05 hood cut out the scoop and have it sectioned in to you '04 hood. This is not an easy mod, but if you can find a hot rod shop in your area chances are they will have a real body man on site that could do it. It should be welded, ground smooth, filled with sandable primer and then painted. Of course the metal will have to be shaped a bit so that it looks correct but nothing is imposible. Plus it would be a one off, which is the coolest.