: Clutch Help!!!

Turtle Green
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
SO heres the deal, two days ago i went to hop in to my 89 and pressed the clutch pedal and heard a loud popping noise. After i started it i wouldnt go into gear no matter wut i did, so i checked the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder and turns out they were both bad, so i replaced both of em and bled the air outta the system. Hopped back in the truck, fired her up and it still wouldnt go into gear so i looked under the dash and the return split in the middle it didnt break theres just a gap in the middle in one side. Does anyone think this could be a problem? Anyone know where i could get one? Or does anybody think theres a different problem?

thefatkid
06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Your clutch pedal bracket sounds broken. It's like $150 for the parts from the dealer.

Turtle Green
06-27-2008, 09:09 AM
so that would explain the movemnt under the dash then! Do you think i could go to the salvage yard to get one?

Turtle Green
06-27-2008, 10:42 AM
so i put in the new bracket about 10 minutes ago and its still not working and when i start the truck in gear the idel is really low. its almost acting like the slave isnt pushing the fork all the way

thefatkid
06-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Hum, that was fast, your an animal!

Did you adjust the pushrod after the repair?

Quick Draw
06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that was fast....damn....

I would just die if that happened to me. I hate the sound of old parts that finally die in a big snap, crackle, pop. And with my luck, it would happen when I'm already late for work.

mrdoug
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
HA! if you'd ever seen his truck you'd know it's nothing out of the ordinary :rofl:

Good luck man, get that thing fixed for next weekend!

Turtle Green
06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Ive got a hook up at the toyota dealer in ft collins so i was able to get em asap and plus i already had the lower part of the dash apart so it was cake!

HA! if you'd ever seen his truck you'd know it's nothing out of the ordinary :rofl:

Good luck man, get that thing fixed for next weekend!

Have you actually seen it driving around town yet? If so did ya see my saweet ninja turtle banner in the back window?

Quick Draw
06-28-2008, 12:16 AM
I think he might be talking about my truck... Haha..not sure.