: Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Full_Tilt_Fud
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I figured I would post this for those who don't currently have a lift and are trying to decide which one to get.

As many of you know I have Icon's coilovers on the front of my Tacoma. Well a couple weeks ago I began getting a squiking noise from one of them and figured out it was being caused by a bad lower Heim Bearing.

At first I was mad as they are not even two years old........but then I started thinking that that amount of time equals about 50K miles for me and I have wheeled them and they have been through two salt filled Mi winters......Ok........maybe they are due for some maintenance.

I called Icon to see what I needed to do to get them fixed........the phone rep said If I shipped them to them that they would do a full rebuild for 60$ a shock and the heim bearings would be extra but he would work with me.......this seemed fairly reasonable and I needed them fixed so I borrowed some stock stuff to hold my truck up (thanks again ERIC) and mailed them out.

They recieved the shocks monday afternoon.......tuesday afternoon they called and said theyn were all done..........they fully rebuilt them, replaced all hardwear cause mine was rusty under warrenty (even though mine are out of warrenty technically), they replaced all the heim bearings for less than half the normal going price, plus they noticed my springs were starting to show some wear and rust so they gave me new ones......again under warrenty.

In the end I got what will amount to a brand new set of coilovers for 145$ plus shipping with less than a 24 hour turn around time.

This Is the kind of customer service that makes me want to do business with a company again and makes me recomend them to others........they did not bitch that my shocks had been in salt or misused........they simply stood by their product and went above and beyond their warrenty and did so in a timely fashion.

HoldMyOwn32
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the post, those are actually what I'm considering for the front of my Toy as well. Good to hear.

NEV2DEP
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Great to hear about a company taking care of their customers

bradleyem
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Yep...with sooo many horror stories its great to hear that Icon is one that stands out for taking care of their customers. Donahoe products have always been top notch, and I wondered how things were gonna' go when Icon took over the line. Great job Icon, and thanks for sharing Todd.

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
i am digging this up because Icon has came up big again IMO

I was underneath my truck the other day and found that both front coils were broke which bumed me out cause I figured new ones would be expensive.

So I called Icon today only to find that they are covered fully by warrenty.

All I did is text them some pics and they are sending me new ones free of charge.......can't ask for more than that.:)

captain insano
04-07-2010, 06:09 AM
That's awesome. Not many companies do that it seems, so it's nice to hear about a good one once in a while.