: Idea

rocktoy87
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Are we or is it an option to do a 50/50 raffle and give the park half???
I know we did it for EC4RJ and it was appreciated by Lynn. Dont know if this was a thought or not. It would look good for us too :D

Angus1
07-17-2008, 05:15 AM
I already look good.

KatzTRD
07-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I hope so, its a GREAT idea, we dont need another paragon and any extra $ to RC will help keep the park open.

RTrac1
07-17-2008, 08:25 AM
I'd like it alot more if we could designate the donation for going towards plumbing at the campsite. the sooner theres running water/showers the sooner we can put EV out of business :)

Intrepid
07-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Seems to me that we pay entry into the park when we go, I think thats about enough. If it isn't, the fact that every other year I have to pay ANOTHER "membership fee" for me and my passenger to wheel there once a year, ought to cover the money I am giving them. :rolleyes:

To compare it to PAP, where a corrupt owner fabricated lies and had the park removed, is silly.

I agree with Rob, I WOULD donate money towards getting running water put in so that we could stop camping at Echo Valley. If we could guarantee the money was going into a fund to do that, I would gladly do so.

Just my .02.

jtaco1
07-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I'd like it alot more if we could designate the donation for going towards plumbing at the campsite. the sooner theres running water/showers the sooner we can put EV out of business :)

The main hurdle with showers and plumbing at RC is that there are many different permits and waivers that have to be obtained. Also the folks at RC don't own the land, they actually lease it from a larger corporation known as Rausch Creek Motorsports, they also own the motocross track and alot of land. That is why the areas that were clearcut recently, RC could really do nothing to stop it, is was the owner that did it.

Putting permentant utilities on the site would be quite costly since I would doubt that there is currnetly public sewer or water at the top of the mountain and a well would have to be drilled, there is alot of hard rock up there and it would have to be fairly deep as well, the be treated. Along with some form of sanitary disposal system developed, which again would be difficult due to the soils most likely not perking due to all the rock.

I would imagine that they could get $100K to $200K wrapped up in just installing the infrastructure for running water and showers.

The money that they get and we give probably go to the lease and comp course. They just sprayed quite a bit of conrete last week and that is not cheap either with the pumper truck and concrete.

Fishbone
07-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Here's another option. 50/ 50 and half the money goes toward Shannon Brookshire's hospital bills. Without this guy, none of us would be here right now. He's in BAD shape, with no insurance.
That's my vote.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106628

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106926

I agree with Heath on this one.

Thoughts?

jtaco1
07-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I agree with Scott, $$$ to Shannon.

3mph toy
07-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I already look good.:rolleyes:

RTrac1
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
sending you a PM scott

Fishbone
07-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Forget it. I'm not doing any 50/50 raffle, if someone else wants to, go nuts.

Rodge
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with Scott, $$$ to Shannon.

Ditto, Shannon needs the $$$ more than the park does.

KatzTRD
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Forget it. I'm not doing any 50/50 raffle, if someone else wants to, go nuts.

I can ask Meghan if she wants to do it again. We have tickets. But anyways I agree the $ should go to Shannon as he needs it more than anyone right now.

Fishbone
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I can ask Meghan if she wants to do it again. We have tickets. But anyways I agree the $ should go to Shannon as he needs it more than anyone right now.

There is no way to get everyone on board with this. I have no problem physically doing the raffle, but trying to get everyone on board as to where the cabbage should go after the raffle is the big problem. Some say RC, some say no, some say Shannon, some say no.

I'm just going to donate to Shannon through the system set up on the national board. I'm broke, but the guy might die. And while I don't know him from Adam, I wouldn't be here today, let alone into this great sport of off-roading. Shit, I might have been a ricer, or worse, a jeeper.

BTW, what you're doing by donating $5 from each hat sold is huge of you and Meghan.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on the wheeling and raffle parts.

Rodge
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
There is no way to get everyone on board with this. I have no problem physically doing the raffle, but trying to get everyone on board as to where the cabbage should go after the raffle is the big problem. Some say RC, some say no, some say Shannon, some say no.

I'm just going to donate to Shannon through the system set up on the national board. I'm broke, but the guy might die. And while I don't know him from Adam, I wouldn't be here today, let alone into this great sport of off-roading. Shit, I might have been a ricer, or worse, a jeeper.

BTW, what you're doing by donating $5 from each hat sold is huge of you and Meghan.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on the wheeling and raffle parts.

I see what you're saying Scott. How about when we're doing the raffle, someone just get up and announce it to everyone? I'm pretty sure it'll be a unanymous decision when it's brought up to donate the proceeds to Shannon.

Hell when they raffled off the FJ40 doors at EC4RJ and only two guys had FJ40s, everyone was yelling just give them the doors! I don't think anyone will have a problem with it.

RTrac1
07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
The sponsors donated raffle prized to support the clubs and offroading in the Northeast, this was the understanding they had with us when they agreed to mail them out.

If you want to take a collection for Shannon, im sure nobody has a problem with it and you'll collect alot of money.

Please understand that there are reasons NTC is not a TTORA chapter anymore that I would rather not get into at this time...

rocktoy87
07-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry I opened a can of Worm's

If someone is collecting I'll donate to Shannon

KatzTRD
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
We really should do this as he needs any help he can get. And if anyone Bitches we can use them for an RTI ramp.

Angus1
07-18-2008, 09:32 AM
The sponsors donated raffle prized to support the clubs and offroading in the Northeast, this was the understanding they had with us when they agreed to mail them out.

If you want to take a collection for Shannon, im sure nobody has a problem with it and you'll collect alot of money.

Please understand that there are reasons NTC is not a TTORA chapter anymore that I would rather not get into at this time...

NTC?

Rodge
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
NTC?

Northeast Toyota Crawlers you noob!

Angus1
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
dont give me any shit. Mr. I bought my trail rig built.

Rodge
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
dont give me any shit. Mr. I bought my trail rig built.

Zing!

Fishbone
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Man, I wish I would've bought my rig built. Seriously. :D

Rodge
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Man, I wish I would've bought my rig built. Seriously. :D

You know they all (Pete, Joe, Jordan especially) busted my ass to get a trail rig and quit beating my DD, but they NEVER stipulated what conidition it had to be in.

You can't win with these assholes!

Angus1
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
You know they all (Pete, Joe, Jordan especially) busted my ass to get a trail rig and quit beating my DD, but they NEVER stipulated what conidition it had to be in.

Its your own fault for being my friend.

Rodge
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Its your own fault for being my friend.

Shit man, I wouldn't want it any other way. A guy always needs a special friend or two. :D

YotaFun
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM

I always got the idea that they wanted us to start off stock :flipoff1:
Then work are way up.
You got lucky with your built rig.

I kinda want to learn as I go along.

Back to topic, the 50/50 sounds good, or just a plain donation, i'd be in

Rodge
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I always got the idea that they wanted us to start off stock :flipoff1:
Then work are way up.
You got lucky with your built rig.

I kinda want to learn as I go along.

Back to topic, the 50/50 sounds good, or just a plain donation, i'd be in

I'll learn as I go. I got one thing going for me, I'm a fast learner!

Stock02
07-19-2008, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=Rodge;1309571]I see what you're saying Scott. How about when we're doing the raffle, someone just get up and announce it to everyone? /QUOTE]

Yeah, blindsiding, bumfucking people will make it all go well.:rolleyes:

farmboy05
07-19-2008, 07:04 PM
i dont say too much here... and i kno im a noob so my opinion might not count but talking with all the guys goin up to takeover in perry county said they would donate to shannon and/or do the raffle if it benifited him. hell some of them were jeepers! ok ill go back to bein quiet now thank yall!

rocktoy87
07-19-2008, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Rodge;1309571]I see what you're saying Scott. How about when we're doing the raffle, someone just get up and announce it to everyone? /QUOTE]

Yeah, blindsiding, bumfucking people will make it all go well.:rolleyes:

Wow...I totally mistyped what I was thinking. I meant to say someone should get up and announce it as a possible idea...

Sorry.

Edit:

This is Rodge posting from Jordan's name...damn PCS!

RTrac1
07-20-2008, 08:08 AM
thats the same thing. Just take up a seperate collection.

Fishbone
07-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I've thought about this a bunch. I am going to do something to raise money for Shannon. Whoever would like to donate, great, and whoever doesn't, that's fine with me too.
Just keep in mind that each year Shannon graciously donated parts to our raffles, without thinking, he sent boxes of stuff. Not the biggest or best prizes, but he always sent something.
I'm thinking a 50/50 raffle. Or maybe just a flat out donation bucket kinda thing? I dunno, but we have to do something.

jtaco1
07-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Sounds good Scott, pretty much if you want to donate to Shannon go for it, if not no biggy.

Rodge
07-22-2008, 09:35 AM
I've thought about this a bunch. I am going to do something to raise money for Shannon. Whoever would like to donate, great, and whoever doesn't, that's fine with me too.
Just keep in mind that each year Shannon graciously donated parts to our raffles, without thinking, he sent boxes of stuff. Not the biggest or best prizes, but he always sent something.
I'm thinking a 50/50 raffle. Or maybe just a flat out donation bucket kinda thing? I dunno, but we have to do something.

Let me know when and where I can donate money. If it wasn't for him starting TTORA I probably wouldn't know any of you assholes, AND one prick. :D

In all seriousness, this club has kind of straightened my life up a bit in recent months. Less partying, and more constructive behavior lately. I feel I owe something to the guy even though I don't know him personally.