: Finally!!!!!!!!!!

twentyfootdaredevil
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Interlake property to open for use Aug. 23
Interlake, one of only two Indiana Department of Natural Resources-owned properties that permit off-road vehicle (ORV) use, will officially open for year-round use Aug. 23.

The property, located in Warrick and Pike counties in southern Indiana, near Lynnville also can be used for horseback riding, mountain biking, boating, hiking, fishing, hunting, trapping dog training and other activities. Operating hours will be sunrise to sunset.

Property rules will be posted at four entrances:

South entrance (main entrance) - S.R. 68 (east of Lynnville)
North entrance - C.R. 1200 South (Pike County, south of Spurgeon)
West entrances - C.R. 1300 South (Pike-Warrick county line)
Clutter Road (Warrick County)
Parking is permitted along roadsides and at the Marion parking lot (adjacent to the north entrance road).

No on-site amenities will be offered at opening; however, a master planning process is in progress to identify opportunities for future property development. Public meetings on that subject will be announced soon.

Persons who visit Interlake are required to follow all DNR-property rules. Vehicles and horses are not permitted on marked reclaimed areas. Camping and open fires are prohibited. The Carry In/Carry Out trash policy is required. All off-road vehicles must be properly registered. Equestrians must comply with bridle tags rules. Interlake is for day-use only and is an at-your-own risk property.

Information about Interlake is at: www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/2915.htm. Specific questions can be directed to Nila Armstrong at narmstrong@dnr.IN.gov or via phone at (317) 232-4029.

95toyotan
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
SWEEEET!!!:kewl: :clap: :driving:

Fuod
07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.itzoe.net/joe/images/dancingkid.gif
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Driver12518
07-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Is it the old lions den property? or is that The Big Nasty area I'm thinking of?

Bear
07-25-2008, 08:18 PM
So now I can comment on the news???? :D

I foresee in the very near future (after take over and repairs made) a TTORA run at Interlake!

Josh, is there a possibility of the club helping with maintenence? I would really like the club to become more active in the Indiana off roading community as a whole. Basically lead by example type of thing, and this lends itself as being a "grass roots" type of operation for that objective.

AS I said the other day. I would love to talk to you more about interlake, I am just extremely busy with Take Over lately.

One other immediate question...I am assuming DNR decals/permits are required?

Fuod
07-25-2008, 08:37 PM
I know Josh is all over this, but I was going to try to call them on Monday. I was going to do what Bear said and see if we could volunteer for anything.

Doesn't hurt to get in the door early on... :D

twentyfootdaredevil
07-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Guys I stay in constant contact w/ DNR.

Right now they have their hands full trying to sort out the park. If you have any questions about what is going on please give me the first chance to answer so we can take some of the stress off of DNR staff.

twentyfootdaredevil
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Also just to give you guys an idea. I have been to most places in Indiana that are legal to wheel.

Hands down Interlake has the potential to be the BEST park in the state!!

If you were on the property years ago and dont agree with that statement just wait until you wheel some of our new trails!!!!!

Fuod
07-26-2008, 12:12 PM
...If you have any questions about what is going on please give me the first chance to answer so we can take some of the stress off of DNR staff.

No prob... Ignore my prev. post... :D

95toyotan
07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
If you have any questions about what is going on please give me the first chance to answer so we can take some of the stress off of DNR staff.

I've got a couple questions.
About how far down is this place from Indianapolis? and
Does it have trails for nOOb-stockers like me?

twentyfootdaredevil
07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
It has MILES of stock type trails.......and some trails that will humble the best built buggies out there!!!

twentyfootdaredevil
07-26-2008, 03:33 PM
It is not the old Lyon's club property but it is close!!

Interlake is farther east and north

Hoss
07-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I've got a couple questions.
About how far down is this place from Indianapolis? and
Does it have trails for nOOb-stockers like me?

200 miles southwest from Indy. About 3 hours. Cake.

Takes me 4+ to get to Attica.

Grant
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
We have been waiting a long time for this.
Big thanks to the Boonie riders, Lincoln country trail riders, and oh yeah the DNR for sticking with it and all the work they have done so we have a great place to ride.

NwiTACO
07-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Was there "accidentally" last year with some locals while staying in E'ville for work, and this place is great! :D Can't wait to get down there again! Now we just need a park up north...:(