: Hunting Partner in Ohio

ccm00tacoma
08-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey everyone,

I moved to Cincinnati last year and didn't get to do any hunting (successful hunting anyway) last season. I am really looking to tag along with a group of duck or goose hunters who are safe and patient. I'd be willing to do grunt work (cleaning birds, wrangling decoys, etc.) in exchange for some time in the blind learning how to hunt waterfowl. I moved from Arizona, so there wasn't much of that to do. I also have a well trained retriever to do some work with. He is a well behaved dog with a strong drive and won't ruin your day because of lack of discipline. Anyway, thanks for your help and I hope to see some of you out in the field this year!

-Adam

ccm00tacoma
08-16-2008, 08:47 AM
No one, eh?

ugly's ok
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry but im up in Cleveland hope you find someone.

ccm00tacoma
08-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Cool thanks. Do you do any Goose hunting up there? I'd definately be willing to drive up there and meet you if you're doing any of that. Heck, even just for duck. A good time downin some birds is worth the drive in my mind. Let me know if you're game. Aside from that.......

Bump!

Thanks, Adam

NEV2DEP
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I never done any bird hunting, unless you count trying to hit a turkey with my truck. I have a Brittany but she was never trained to do field work.

PRB_Ohio
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry I didn't see they sooner - not real active on this board recently...

I'd suggest looking at a local Rod and Gun Club... alot of them are hurting for memebers these days, check out a couple and see if you can find one where you fit in.

I'm not much into Waterfowl Hunting - small game, deer and turkey are what I'm looking for...

Find your local Ducks Unlimited Chapter - they'll know all the Cincy local Gun Clubs...