TTORA Forum banner

What LC do i have?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  tacofish 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here. I drive a 2007 v6 4wd tacoma, but the car i drove before that was a 1991 Land Cruiser. It's just sitting now, I drive it on occasion. The 10 mpg is a big reason why I rarely drive it. Anyways, it has an inline 6 cylinder engine, and an electronic rear locker. I'm not familiar with the FJ numbering system, so can anyone tell me what model LC i have? I'm starting to get interested in off-roading, so that vehicle may see more use in the future. I was especially happy to see it has a locker, as my tacoma only has an open rear diff. Thanks for the help.

~Tom

#5 ·
Expedition West's FJ-80 is a '93, and it has factory F & R e-lockers...

...but I'm pretty sure they didn't have factory lockers in '91. It would be pretty easy for someone to retro-fit it, though.

#12 ·
Yeah I checked and it's a center diff lock. How does a CDL work compared to a normal differential in an axle?

#13 ·
cdl locks up the t-case, where as diff lockers lock up the 3rd member. since the fj80/fzj80 is AWD you need to be able to lock up the t-case other wise you will burn up the VC in the t-case off road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.