: aussie help?.

Nate
08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
can someone help me install an aussie locker? i dont have the tools (jackstands).and i have never done it before. if anyone can help id appreciate it.

RedRunnertc
08-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Got plenty of jackstands here, can borrow a dial indicator for checking backlash from work.

Never installed a lunchbox locker though.

Don_G
08-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm going to be out of town all weekend.

I might be able to help next week - I have tools but no place to work on it.

Volcom
08-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Tons of install articles by Zuk
http://gearinstalls.com/

I personally didn't install my aussies (I was working on my rear suspension while my buddy set up the gears and installed the lockers). But there are a couple of key things to remember. Mark the CBPL adjusters with something more than a black sharpie marker. I could actually scribe a mark. The marker will be removed when you clean up the adjusters with brake cleaner :D (happened to my buddy)

Second, make a CBPL adjuster tool like Zuk's. Makes getting the CBPL nice and tight.

You will also need a set of feeler gauges and a good, long punch.

I printed out almost every article Zuk wrote on the aussie installs and referred to them on mine and when I helped a buddy install one in his 4Runner.

Nate
08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
a friend just let me use his jackstands. thanks for offering to help though. now i just hope i dont run into any problems.

hurley842002
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I've got a 4.10 third sitting in my garage, great condition. If you want to install it into my third and then just give me your old third, you are more than welcome. Just an Idea, so there isn't any preassure to get that locker installed in order to drive your truck.

DriftinCO
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
One of our members lives up that way and has experience with rear axles. But I think he's in Sterling this weekend.