TTORA Forum banner

LC's vs. Lexus 450

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blake_ 
#1 ·
Okay, newbie here so pls forgive any naviety in this post. Comparing the two since they're very similar with the Lexus just being more posh from what I understand.

Does the mid/late 90's LC's also have front/rear lockers like the 450s do? If not, do you think it's worth it to get the 450 for that vs. a 4Runner w/o lockers but manual tranny?

I guess the other question then, is there a big disadvantage over auto tranny vs. manual for OHV'ing?

#2 ·
Yes you can find LCs with factory front and rear lockers.

Its a personal preference really for the auto tranny for manual, i personally would like an auto myself, but im too lazy to do swaps and ill just keep my 4 speed.

#3 ·
F & R lockers would be optional in either the LX450 or the LC FZJ80. Finding one with factory lockers would make for a very nice 'wheeler, and a marketable truck for the future. The LC will be wider than a 4Runner, weigh quite a bit more, and get worse mileage, but overall is a more sought after off-road vehicle in stock or near stock condition.

Like the PP, the tranny is personal preference. I'm learning to really enjoy/prefer wheeling an auto tranny.

#4 ·
yeah, those LCs and 450 get pretty bad MPG, like 12ish all around. ouch. that can add up real fast. that might break it for me since we all gotta drive a fair amount of miles to get to OHV trails and i'll still need to use the truck for all around driving too.

of course, who ever said real OHV worthy trucks are good all around'ers too? the two just don't go hand in hand. matter of personal opinion though.

maybe i'll just stick to my first choice of truck. 2005+ double cab taco! it'll be at least $20K though, but sweeet!

#5 ·
I bought this FZJ80 three months ago on ebay. It's '96 LX450 with factory lockers f/r. I threw some slee sliders on it and have 'wheeled it every weekend since I got it.

It's all stock with 130k miles. Get's an average of 14.5mpg on. I do 1/3rd city driving, 1/3rd hwy driving and 1/3 wheeling on almost every tank. It get's better mileage than my old waggy or scout, so to me, 14.5mpg is not too bad.

It's the most well balanced vehicle I've ever driven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.