: Interlake Public Meeting

Grant
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
The Division of Outdoor Recreation, of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, has contracted with Claire Bennett and Associates (CBA) of Indianapolis, to prepare a master plan for the 3500 acre Interlake property in Pike and Warrick counties near Lynnville. The Interlake property is former coal mine land that is currently open to various types of trail use including offroad vehicle riding, horseback riding, mountain biking, and hiking. Other uses currently allowed include hunting, fishing and trapping. Besides marked trails, the property has no other improvements. The master plan will help identify desirable uses for the property and appropriate improvements.

A meeting to gather public input concerning the master plan will be held on Tuesday, September 9th, from 6:30PM to 8:30PM Central Time. The meeting will take place at Tecumseh High School cafeteria located at 5244 West State Road 68, Lynnville, Indiana.

The planning team would like to extend a special invitation to you to attend this meeting. We want to make sure your comments and concerns are taken into account during this important planning period. The meeting will include a presentation about the master plan process and property inventory findings, followed by small group discussions that will focus on important constituent concerns. Information from the small group discussions will be presented near the end of the meeting.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and would like to submit comments regarding the master plan, please feel free to contact CBA at 'info@cbastudios.net'. Please enter Interlake on the subject line.

Sincerely,
The Interlake Planning Team:
DNR Division of Outdoor Recreation
DNR Division of Engineering
Claire Bennett and Associates and Christopher Burke Engineering

Bear
09-04-2008, 07:28 AM
LARGE BUMP FOR THIS IMPORTANT ISSUE

I just noticed this thread (:doh: ) but it is important that we get as many pro OHV owners at such meetings.

I would love to have a InTTORA delegation at this meeting.

Grant can you organize it? If so, keep in contact with me on the developments

Bear
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I won't be able to attend this meeting, but maybe we can start a new thread, with everyone's suggestions on comments and have someone more local present these suggestion/concerns to the committee at the meeting.

What is killing our sport across the country is apathy. We need to get involved if we want this hobby of our to flourish. InTTORA needs to take a leadership role in becoming the hobby's steward. I just can't make this meeting as I have been putting in many long hours since T.O. but I would like someone to volunteer to attend and make our comments heard.

Any takers? Greg, Josh? Joe? who else do we have down in that neck of the woods? Hoss?

Bear
09-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Hello! anyone out there?

I would hope this thread gets more traffic than it has.

Anyone care about our local trails??????

bump, bump bump Damnit!!!!!!!!!:mad:

NwiTACO
09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Bump from northwest Indiana, wish I could attend...

Bear
09-05-2008, 10:13 AM
your timing just sucks Mark! instead of going down last week for work, you should have scheduled work for the week of this meeting! ;)

Fuod
09-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I have a sleep study Tues. night, but I might be able to make the meeting. I don't want to sound like a cop-out, but it all depends on how well I'm feeling that night.

Bear
09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I understand your situation no worries.

NwiTACO
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
your timing just sucks Mark! instead of going down last week for work, you should have scheduled work for the week of this meeting! ;)

I would've gone just to here the "master plan." Hopefully I can schedule another "business trip" for the Toys for Tots date!

Bear
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I always get nervous when words like "master plan" start getting thrown around.

I was part of too many municipal Art projects in Texas. Master plans usually meant hidden agenda's by the time the projects were finished.

Hoss
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Bear, there are several groups here (within a stones throw of me) that have a vested interest in this park. It was a grassroots effort from BoonieRiders and The Redbirds to get this thing off the ground, and numerous local clubs have followed suit in their support. I know for a fact that members from my local club will be there. That gym, I assure you, will be packed with those voicing opinon in support of this park. Anything we have to say about it is probably (more than likely) already gonna get covered and smothered by the locals. This is a big deal down here.

These are serious (hard-core) off-road clubs, so I feel more than satisfied that our concerns will be addressed w/o the requirement of our presence. Besides, those guys know a hell of a lot more than I do about the park situation. There are more areas in that park that I HAVE NOT been to than there are parts I have and, that's after 3 trips over there. Some of these guys have been wheeling that area since it was still a coal mine back in the 60's. I have great faith that those guys will take care of it.

Bear
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Thats good to hear, I feel a little more re-assured.
I just saw what happened in my home state, where everyone was feeling cocky and low and behold, every public wheel'n area in the entire state was taken away with one "quiet" bill passed when no one was ready for it!

It could have been avoided if everyone in the state did not feel like "oh, we got each others back. we don't all need to show up."

the day before the bill was signed a rally was held, and only 77 people for off roading showed up. But the eco-nazi's had over 200 at that same rally!

So please excuse my skepticism.

I also have to ask you this one question…does everyone in your neck of the woods show up to wheel'n events and talk about fish'n? :D if so, then we could still be in trouble! :lmao: j/k with you!

Grant
09-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I am going to try to make it the meeting so that I know for my self what is going on and to show support. There will be alot of ohv people there.

If there are people for other uses at the meeting (which I'm sure there will be) we need to be vocal and use up all the time for our own needs.

95toyotan
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry guys, I will be at work during that time.