: new bike

99TanTaco
09-21-2008, 06:57 PM
nope, not what you guys were thinking

decided to trade in my Schwinn High Plains mountain bike for a Trek 7200 hybrid
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s32/terrystaco/0920081446.jpg

been trying to lose some weight and decided to get back into cycling, unfortunately my mountain bike was beating me to death on the bike path we have here so I decided it was time to get something more comfortable

I went with this bike on the salesman's recomendation, he liked this model for the bike paths around here due to the fact that the rims are doublewalled so they can take a bit of a beating without constantly needing to be retrued. I also purchased a Trek Interlock rack and bag, the nice feature about this is the bag can be removed by simply pushin a button (no straps) and if I decide I want a different bag they have a whole line of Interlock bags to choose from that are compatible with this rack

So far I've got about 30mi on it and no major complaints yet, though it is a little harder to squeeze into my car than my mountain bike was due to having a larger frame but I've ordered a hitch for my car so I can use a hitch rack to solve that problem

Froggygirl
09-21-2008, 07:20 PM
That's a really nice bike!

TEJASYOTA
09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Mtn Bike beating you up...was it the knobbies on the tire? You could have just bought a dedicated set of city wheels/tire combo, like the Trek you just purchased.
Anyways, nice bike :)

99TanTaco
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
That's a really nice bike!
thanks

Mtn Bike beating you up...was it the knobbies on the tire? You could have just bought a dedicated set of city wheels/tire combo, like the Trek you just purchased.
Anyways, nice bike :)
that was part of it, but mostly it was the lack of suspension and less upright seating position that were killing me, then while my bike was in for service I made the mistake of borrowing my dad's hybrid Giant and saw how how much easier a hybrid is to ride (less rolling resistance and more comfortable seating position) and decided I was riding the wrong type of bike for riding bike paths

ugly's ok
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
That is a nice bick hope you like it thats what maters

NEV2DEP
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
:rolleyes: you got me.