: Newbie??

mpiercey
09-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Since I am deemed the "Newbie", when/where are the meetings held. It would be nice to meet all and see what this club is all about.

Mark

brinner
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Meetings are as needed, currently we are in a "fabrication/project work" status so we dont have much going on meetings-wise. We are planning a run in October to Badlands and i know that Bear might have some work going on at his place this sunday....you should send him a pm and see if you can stop by to help.

--Brian

Bear
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
I am still looking for a priest to perform an exorcist on my truck! Crosby is putting a bumper on at my place on Sunday, but should be pretty straight forward, but if anyone wants to come help by being some muscle, that would be great (both Crosby and I are nursing injuries)

As for the meetings, as soon as I can get Kitten to reply to an email, We will probably need a meeting. but until then, I don't see a need.

runs projected are the badlands as Brinner mentioned and as soon as our Evansville "coalition" comes up with a date, we might have a run down at interlake. At worst we will hit interlake in November for the TFT run. (anyone have the dates for that one yet? If so post up in the events folder)

mpiercey
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think I have much going on Sunday so if you need a hand let me know where and when.

Bear
09-24-2008, 02:38 PM
anyone is always welcome to help. Looks like after we get the bumper on. I might actually get to work on exercising the demons out of my truck (fingers crossed on it starting)

I would say if you have any work that needs to be done or maintenance items to take care of, we can turn this into a mini W.A.T.

We are putting the bumper on at my house which is out in Avon. Let me know via pm if you are coming and I can either give you the address to look up or give you directions.

anyone else?

95toyotan
09-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I would love to, How late do you think you are gonna be wrenchin?
My daughter's birthday party is at 2:00 till ?.

mpiercey
09-25-2008, 07:07 AM
Get me an adress, I'll figure it out. Hell, half the fun of getting there is getting lost. Also, what time is good, I am an early riser and I have been told not to ever disturb a sleeping bear!

Bear
09-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I would love to, How late do you think you are gonna be wrenchin?
My daughter's birthday party is at 2:00 till ?.

Get me an adress, I'll figure it out. Hell, half the fun of getting there is getting lost. Also, what time is good, I am an early riser and I have been told not to ever disturb a sleeping bear!

Well we are planning on starting on the bumper around 9ish! I have a very long day on Saturday so I won't be moving too early on Sunday morning.

main project is getting the bumper on Crosby's truck. ARB/winch combo with a frame modification to support it. So I anticipate a few hours at most on his truck. My truck needs a new ERG Module and if that works to be the solution. I need to work on getting my interior back in order.

By chance are either of you fluent in electronics? I need to re install my stereo (what's left of the system as well as install a possible alarm and auto start…no priority)

I'll get the address to both of you in pm's if you like. I am just jammed right now at work so it won't be until later.

Bear
09-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh! and don't worry about waking this sleeping bear! I sleep through explosions. Not much wakes me…but my wife will testify I am not very "nice" first thing in the morning. :D So I guess you are right in those regards! ha ha ha

Crozby85
09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
The more the better

95toyotan
09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah go ahead and pm me the address if you think you are gonna be out there later than 5 or 6:00.

Bear
09-25-2008, 01:10 PM
that might be stretching it a bit, I doubt the work on Crosby's truck will take that long. but I will send you the address. hell my truck is never ending so at worst, I'll be toying with my toy.

95toyotan
09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Well we're just now windin down from the B-day party.
Sorry I couldn't make it, So how did everything go?
:saw: :welder:

Bear
09-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Everything went good. I feel like an idiot though! my "oh probably won't take us very long" comment came back and bit me in the ass with fangs!

I think Brian left about 1:30-2:00…AM!!!!!!!!!

But his bumper is on, winch is working and I am jealous of the new mile markers. his 9500 is faster than my 12000 and his "cute" hand controller is built so much better than the old style. and the light on it is great!

muddertrucker99
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
So did you ever get the Demons out of your truck? What is the problem with your truck?

Bear
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
no! I pulled the super charger this weekend, looking for the EGR valve, and it wasn't where I thought it was.

I have a brand new valve sitting at home, but I can't find where it goes. I am not even sure now my 97 has an EGR valve!

I think I am getting close to the solution, just going about the solving the whole bass wards way of doing it!

but I figured 200K on the ticker, the sensors I am replacing probably could use being replaced anyway.

muddertrucker99
09-29-2008, 10:12 AM
no! I pulled the super charger this weekend, looking for the EGR valve, and it wasn't where I thought it was.

I have a brand new valve sitting at home, but I can't find where it goes. I am not even sure now my 97 has an EGR valve!

I think I am getting close to the solution, just going about the solving the whole bass wards way of doing it!

but I figured 200K on the ticker, the sensors I am replacing probably could use being replaced anyway.

I know when i was S/c ed that my Egr kept throwing CEL. All i had to do was let it warm up. You could find the tubing that goes to the egr valve by looking for a meatl tube that comes off the exhaust mani and follow it up. But im not forsure if the V6 have them. What is the symptom. I have a buddy that work at toyota dealership that is a mechanic

Bear
09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
send my pm box a phone number and I will try to call you in the next few days, instead of cluttering up this thread any further!

Bear
09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Mark, it was very good to meet you this weekend! You have a very nice cruiser you are driving!

If you need me to, I can put you in touch with Josh as we discussed. I forgot until after you left, I had his phone number I could have just given to you. :doh:

95toyotan
09-29-2008, 10:59 AM
DANG!! I missed a s/c take off da*% ^t !!
Gonna try some more this weekend?
I think I'm gonna try to put in new exhaust studs at a buddy's house this weekend but I don't know which day yet.

Bear
09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
whoop-de-doo on the supercharger removal. 5 nuts and bolts and it is off. :D

I need to put it back on now, hopefully the bolts have stayed where I left them.:eek::scared:

the exhaust studs going on your truck or his? I need to put more time and money into my truck so I can get it running. I'll probably be chasing this gremlin this weekend as well as trying to finish up all the other projects on it soon after. so if you want to throw a hand under the hood or in the cab, let me know. I can always use all the help I can get. and help on the truck never hurts either.;)

95toyotan
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
The studs are for my truck and he's been waiting for me to come over to see his new house and to help me do something to my truck! He likes yotas and use to have one so :rolleyes:
So which day/days are you planning on wrenching? And I'll prolly need some directions cause my garmin couldn't find your address and mapquest had you in an empty area. It found xxxxxxx.LN. was it lane,street,dr.etc?

Crozby85
09-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks to bear, lonnie and mark my truck is almost trail worthy, the arb bumper and the winch weighs a ton, but i feel very protected in the front now. bear when do u think u can get the pics posted

Bear
09-30-2008, 07:53 AM
sounds like you have been slacking as a friend if you haven't been to your buddy's new pad yet :bitchslap

you probably need to take care of that, and I don't have any "heat" for the studs so you will probably be taken better care of from him anyway.

Regarding when I will be wrenching, more than likely Sunday again. I have a son that is pretty active and his events typically are on Saturdays.

Directions are simple, just come down Rockville rd. and the first person you see, ask them where the idiot lives with the gold tacoma with the bear theme plastered all over it! That person will know how to find me! :lmao:

Seriously though, I do live in a dead area regarding Mapquest and even some satellite devices. I'll send the directions via Pm sometime in the next day or so.

Bear
09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Brian, in searching for a lost bolt for the drive shaft, I ran across about three skid plate bolts out of my truck, they are yours if you want them. might come in handy even as spares!

regarding the photos, I haven't even looked at the camera but I will try and have them up sometime soon. I didn't do it last night because I had the drive shaft to put in and when I came in I crashed! For some reason I was tired.:D

How is the shoulder feeling? were you able to make into work yesterday?

Crozby85
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
how did u guess? no i didnt make it to work, i was still dead tired and sore:xzzz: as for the skid plate bolts yes ill take them just let me know when i can pick them up. if i can pick them up today that would be great because i am going to do the coils and put the skid plate back on after work.

Bear
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I should be home around 6 or so! come on by!

Crozby85
09-30-2008, 11:00 AM
sounds like you have been slacking as a friend if you haven't been to your buddy's new pad yet :bitchslap

you probably need to take care of that, and I don't have any "heat" for the studs so you will probably be taken better care of from him anyway.

Regarding when I will be wrenching, more than likely Sunday again. I have a son that is pretty active and his events typically are on Saturdays.

Directions are simple, just come down Rockville rd. and the first person you see, ask them where the idiot lives with the gold tacoma with the bear theme plastered all over it! That person will know how to find me! :lmao:

Seriously though, I do live in a dead area regarding Mapquest and even some satellite devices. I'll send the directions via Pm sometime in the next day or so.

google maps - can find you

Bear
09-30-2008, 11:46 AM
being googled, sounds like it would hurt! :D

mpiercey
09-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Mark, it was very good to meet you this weekend! You have a very nice cruiser you are driving!

If you need me to, I can put you in touch with Josh as we discussed. I forgot until after you left, I had his phone number I could have just given to you. :doh:

Thanks for having me over, learned a little and met a couple of "wheeling junkies". Wish I could have stayed longer but I had other duties that were already planned.

Anyhooo, Can't wait for our next meeting!

Mark (Griz)

Bear
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
If you can, head out to the badlands on the 11th and meet a few more of the guys. Believe me, there are more of us than just two. :D