: suspension

neuron
06-06-2005, 12:34 AM
in stock '05s' what is the difference between off road suspemsion and sports suspension? :confused: :confused: :newbie:

2kwhitetaco
06-06-2005, 01:05 AM
the guy at the Toyota lot told me that there is nothing different, it's just that the tires are more of a sport tire for the TRD Sport, and the BFG's are on the TRD Off-Road. also the TRD Sport comes with the hood scoop.

AK98Taco
06-06-2005, 01:32 AM
The Off-Road type Bilstein shocks are available on V-6 PreRunners and 4wds, whereas I-4 trucks come with the normal shocks.

The Sport type Bilsteins are only available on the X-Runner, and they are the standard equipment.

atwinda
06-06-2005, 01:36 AM
the guy at the Toyota lot told me that there is nothing different, it's just that the tires are more of a sport tire for the TRD Sport, and the BFG's are on the TRD Off-Road. also the TRD Sport comes with the hood scoop.

wrong- the off road package shocks are tuned for off roading (bilstein shocks, I believe), the off road package also has the rear locking diff, which if you plan to off road is an absolute must. the sport suspension will be tuned for the road (also bilstein shocks, i think). the sport package has a Limited slip diff, and hood scope.

There is plenty of information in both the forums, and tech/faq section- I suggest you do lots of reading and searching, as most any question you can come up with, will have been covered already.

YoTRacer158
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
the sport package has a Limited slip diff, and hood scope.

a hood scope huh? does that help you see really far down the road or something?

BLOWNYOTA
06-07-2005, 12:04 PM
ripping on a veteran in a newbie forum.......oh the irony.

YoTRacer158
06-11-2005, 11:48 AM
ripping? who's ripping?