: I am green!

Bear
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
No, no, I am have not turned into some eco-freak! I am green with envy over Crosby's new winch!

At the risk of letting his cat of the bag, he purchased a Mile Marker SEC 9500 (If my memory is correct)

Now the reason i am upset with this envy is not because he bought a winch, I already have one as most know (and mine is bigger! :p )

But the upgrades Mile Marker has preformed is basically everything I have complained about with mine.

New connection housing for the hand controller. It now locks into place without slop, which is the reason I went to a wireless remote set up.

also the frikken hand controller itself "rocks" (damn I feel like a teenager when I say that :rolleyes: ) The whole solenoid is now has a Mosfet circuit board set up, which also allows the hand controller to light up! The damn thing is so bright, Crosby was using it as a flash light as we were re-spooling his cable. Mile Marker also "restyled" or revamped the entire controller handle, not only with the lights, but it reminds me more of a warn controller. They completely did away with the stupid orange side/black side buttons. So much more dependable and easier to use.

and the speed…Talk about an improvement! It is fast! I am not sure if it is faster than a warn, but it is a lot faster than my 12000 with the syn rope on it!

Last year at the truck jamboree, I spoke to a mile marker engineer/rep. and he told me that they purposely geared their winches down for safety. That their winches moved slow so that winch did not get ahead of the operator's thinking and evaluation of the situation.

I guess the general demand for speed over ruled safety or something, but this winch is quick.

I am also envious of how we were able to mount his winch into his ARB bumper! Although it is a bit unconventional, it sure looks cleaner than my hog sitting on top of my bumper! But the bumper install was pretty sweet, and he won't have to worry about the bumper/winch combo seperating from his frame! We took care of the "frame re-enforcement" prior to having any issues.

Crosby, you Bastid! ;) :D :kewl:

Crozby85
10-01-2008, 12:45 PM
bear is right if this winch was any faster it would be uncontrolable

heres some pics

Bear
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I need to take some photos of my supercharger and post them tonight, I will download your photos at the same time and add them to this thread!

You need to get a d ring (shackle) for your hook! I noticed when I hooked it to where it is now, it makes for more trouble getting it off than you want.

I like the looks of the truck even more now that I saw the finished product in the day light! ;)

Hoss
10-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Is that the new one that beeps when it gets hot?

Bear
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I imagine so, we didnt' run it long enough for it to get hot, but it does everything else so I would say it does.

Hoss
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I read a review last year sometime, a winch comparo out in Moab. THe new MM design came in second place. Pretty impressive.

muddertrucker99
10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I was thinking about getting the Smittybuilt one but i think i'm leaning more toward the mm. Especailly after Bear raving some much about it.

DN1911
10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I didn't even know there was an install day, sounds like the truck is coming along nicely.

NwiTACO
10-02-2008, 08:41 AM
You need to get a d ring (shackle) for your hook! I noticed when I hooked it to where it is now, it makes for more trouble getting it off than you want. ;)

I've got a few extra large shackles, (1/2", 3/4" and 1" pin) I will have them with on the 11th. You can have one if you want if it fits the mounts on your bumper. 6.5 ton cap, I think.

Crozby85
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
TY the bumper and winch emptied all my pockets :2cents:

brinner
10-02-2008, 10:08 AM
TY the bumper and winch emptied all my pockets :2cents:

REALLY?!:eek: .....that never happens in this sport :D

muddertrucker99
10-03-2008, 06:32 AM
REALLY?!:eek: .....that never happens in this sport :D

X2 i'm with Brinner on that.