: Trip Report Crown King 10 5 08

fourbychef
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
From the moment the garage door opened in the morning till the garage door closed at the end of the day,,,,I just kept saying to myself (and out loud)
what an awesome day it is for wheeling and being outside.
As for the trip up the mountain,,,,,
John and Melanie (stealth4x4) showed up at the station and we headed out at 8:30 am , Beautiful day :)
WE make it about 2 miles in after the dirt starts and pull over to air down,,,
we noticed a new sign that says Betty's Trail Rides $10 or something like that, thinking kewl,,,so we pull over and start airing down and then all of a sudden the bushes started yelling at us,,,,YOU CAN NOT PARK THERE ,,,,,
I'm thinking that's probably Betty,,,,and am waiting to hear the unmistakable sound of a shotgun being cocked,,,lol
I yell back,,,WE ARE ONLY STAYING FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN WE ARE LEAFING<<<<
The bushes yell back,,,,WATCH WERE YOU ARE PEEING@@
WE all chuckle and head out for a great day of wheeling,,,
Rhino, Rhino, Rhino,,,
Fullsize Ford Suv on the side of the trail not 2 miles in,,,
Stopped and asked guy sitting on ground "you ok" Guy says fan pushed into the radiator, he's waiting on his buds, but could use a refill on his
16oz. water bottle, we oblidge and head on our way,,,
Rhino, Rhino, Rhino,,,,Dirtbike,,
Up,
Down,
Up,Down
Left,
Right,
Left,
Up,
Rhino, Rhino, Rhino,
4 Jeeps of mysterious origins,
Stealth4x4 drove the entire trail unassisted regardless of the unheeded warning from some dude on a rhino telling us THAT truck won't make it up the rest of the trail,,,,
A couple spots to take a little seriously,
but seriously it is a trip up to Crown King, and it was a beatiful day.
Next weekend they are having their apple festival,,,
No pictures.
Should of gone those who considered it, shame on you, had a great time.
Love,
K-ton

Mark in Az
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
:rofl2:

Symon623
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
good times. weren't they havin some chili cookoff or something this w/e?

Heatstroke
10-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah :rolleyes: a truck won't make it, says a glorified golf cart driver. Uhh ok.

Hi Chef ! ! Good to hear you are still around. Remember, watch where you pee;) .

Stealth 4x4
10-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm confused. Are you saying that beast of yours fits in the garage? :cool:

Mel and I had a great time up there as well. Beautiful day, and in particular a few fun challenging obstacles for the Stealth 4x4. Glad you posted that you were heading up.

Not many pics of the trail, but here's a link to the shots we snapped.
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/JWDicus/Crown%20King%2010-5-08/

Good clean fun. Can't wait to go wheelin' again.

Cheers!

~J&M

mikgrail3
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Were there any Rhino's out there? :D

lvanst
10-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Rhino, Obstacle, same <=> same ...:D

mikgrail3
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
That's what I was thinking. Maybe we should upgrade the equpiment requirements for Crown King to include a front locker to help get over the Rhino's roll-bars.

Talanor
10-08-2008, 05:16 PM
That's what I was thinking. Maybe we should upgrade the equpiment requirements for Crown King to include a front locker to help get over the Rhino's roll-bars.

Damnit - wouldn't you be able to strap me over?

fourbychef
10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Chef ! !** Good to hear you are still around.** Remember, watch where you pee;) .I haven't gone anywhere Mike, Really, I just get busy sometimes, and life happens, for example, I Just moved into a 4 bedroom house a few weeks ago,,,muy mucho sweeter than the 1 bedroom apartment I've been in for the past 4 years.I'm confused. Are you saying that beast of yours fits in the garage?
Yes it fits,,,barely, but not usually,,,,,that's were Veronicas car sleeps :rolleyes: but I wanted to load it up with my gear the night before.

Heatstroke
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I haven't gone anywhere Mike, Really, I just get busy sometimes, and life happens, for example, I Just moved into a 4 bedroom house a few weeks ago,,,muy mucho sweeter than the 1 bedroom apartment I've been in for the past 4 years.

Congrats on the house. Apartments suck and I can't imagine ever living in another. Yeah, I understand the life happens thing. It'd be nice if it happened with lots of excess wealth causing me to be retired and do what ever I wanted. :D Oh well, life goes on :cool: . Let us know when you and the misses are available for some wheelin.

WARTOY
11-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I haven't gone anywhere Mike, Really, I just get busy sometimes, and life happens, for example, I Just moved into a 4 bedroom house a few weeks ago,,,muy mucho sweeter than the 1 bedroom apartment I've been in for the past 4 years.Yes it fits,,,barely, but not usually,,,,,that's were Veronicas car sleeps :rolleyes: but I wanted to load it up with my gear the night before.

Hey Karlton, good to hear from you. Congrats on the house too, it's good to have all that room isn't it? Hopefully I'll make one of the next Crown King runs with ya.