TTORA Forum banner

New toy...

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  oilsandsfj 
#1 ·
Going to check this rig out tomorrow night. Looks good from the ad, already applied for the loan! I hope its as good as it looks and everything works out. I need something a little tougher than the fjc.

Specs are (from the ad):
1977 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40. 350 chev. vortec with TBI fuel injection, crane ignition, custom howell perforamce chip, 3 inch exhaust, power steering, spring over lift, 4 wheel disc brakes, full floating rear axle, 4:11 gears,locker in front and rear, 36" TSL super swampers with full size spare, new soft top with 1/2 doors, full fiberglass body, custom front and rear bumpers
Im super pumped. I hope it works out!

Sorry, having a hard time getting the images to show in the post for some reason but have a look anyways.

See less See more
#4 ·
LOL yeah I just stumbled over it the other night at work, and now i just have to have it! When I get more pics I can post, but I think ill offer him 12K, since hes gonna keep the winch. Spend my xmas bonus a little early! Im driving down south tomorrow to check it out and tower back if everything works out.

#5 ·

I would 12K would be reasonable, minus the winch? What do you guys think? Looks fairly healthy.

#6 ·
i dont know aloy about the 40s..

it looks to have the disc brake conversion done already. i cant tell if the suspension is rusted through or just surface.

i honestly dont think its worth 12k, i would go 9, possibly 10.

#7 ·
It's a 77, so it came with front discs. That one is tough to price out. Looks like there are a lot of new/custom parts, new body panels, and a V8 swap which can be good and bad. Some folks put value in Toyota originality, whereas others prefer the rebuilds and upgrades. I think the under body looks pretty good for a Canadian truck, the paint looks good, nice soft top (does it come with the hard top, or is that gone?). Low mileage on the V8? Any other significant rust spots on the frame, or on body parts not replaced?

It's really nice! That's probably over $10k here in Colorado, but demand is pretty high out here.

#8 ·
It looks like an awesome rig - as long as you don't mind having a Chevota (or Toylet). That's a personal pet peeve of mine! ;)

...other than that - it seems to be a legitimate, solid rig. So the real question is:
IS IT WORTH 12K TO YOU?

...My Tacoma is worth about $35,000 to me - that doesn't mean that anyone would give me that much for it...

#9 ·
Lol yeah. When I seen it, I said I had to have it.

I dont mind the hybrid, I need the power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.