: kytaco04 purchase issues

kytaco04
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
so it turns out that i did get a little bit of damage, few good deep cuts down my passenger side and one of my rims is got clawed up by some rock.....

oh and I talked to the dealership today about how the truck should have had the elocker but didnt. It was a fun argument with a salesman let me tell ya.

muddertrucker99
10-05-2008, 07:10 AM
so it turns out that i did get a little bit of damage, few good deep cuts down my passenger side and one of my rims is got clawed up by some rock.....

oh and I talked to the dealership today about how the truck should have had the elocker but didnt. It was a fun argument with a salesman let me tell ya.

What did they say they giving you e-locker:lmao:

kytaco04
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
No the kid tried to argue that the LSD is what comes on a TRD model and its the same thing as the e-locker "we wouldn't sell you something false" like just slapping the trd sticker on it.

steve h
10-06-2008, 07:59 AM
No the kid tried to argue that the LSD is what comes on a TRD model and its the same thing as the e-locker "we wouldn't sell you something false" like just slapping the trd sticker on it.

... because that's fraud and you could take us to court for doing something like that.

If they advertised it and sold it to you as a trd then you definitly have a case against them.

muddertrucker99
10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
... because that's fraud and you could take us to court for doing something like that.

If they advertised it and sold it to you as a trd then you definitly have a case against them.

Sounds like you might have case to me also. What dealership did you buy the TRuD(trd) From?

kytaco04
10-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Hudson Automotive in Madisonville, Ky

Hoss
10-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Hudson Automotive in Madisonville, Ky

The Hudsons Auto that came/moved from Povidence to the mad city?

I know those folks, and I'd bet my left nut they're all crooks and someone there knows exactly what is going on. I'd seek some professional assistance on this.

Bear
10-07-2008, 10:08 AM
this is what you do first, get on the national board and explain ( in short order) what happened, that you bought this truck in good faith that it was equipped as it should have been, but with experience you have now discovered that it was not equipped as advertised ( and sold as)

request everyone that has the same model as you to testify as to what equipment they have on their trucks.

Then go to a larger dealership or call Toyota USA and request tech sheets on the tacomas models offered the same year as yours.

Then go to the car lot you bought your truck from with a select bit of your "ammo" and confront the GM. If he tries to skirt the issue further without offering you compensation or addition to your truck, tell him he will get to see the remainder documentation that you have in court.

The important thing is to go in with documentation, and the best place to start to gather that is the main board.

In the past I know of at least two cases, where Toyota did not want to honor warranty work claiming abuse. Those two individuals got on the boards and requested testimonies from everyone stating that they put their trucks through the same type of "abuse" but never had the same problems.

They then requested mediation with Toyota and won both times.

If you approach this in similar fashion, having your attorney request mediation instead of a court case, you will have the issue resolved faster and probably a bit more cheaper this way.

steve h
10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
When you need an attorney let me know. My wife is a parallegal and she you tell you who to talk to. She said if you paid more than $5000 for your truck then you could file criminal fraud charges against them.

Bear
10-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey Steve ask your wife about the pro vs cons of mediation compared to suing please?

I know you mentioned criminal fraud which I would pursue personally. But I just got to thinking about all of this and got curious.

No biggy if you don't, like I said I am just curious now.

steve h
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
With civil suits I think you file a lawsuit first and the lawyers gather all of the evidence and then they usually go through mediation first and try to settle the case. If they can't come to an agreement then it goes to court. Of all the cases she has worked on only like two have gone to trial.

Bear
10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
gotcha, thanks

Fuod
10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Would it help any if you contacted the Better Biz Bureau? I'm not exactly sure how that works. :confused:

Maybe a TV station could do an undercover story on it?

If this happened to me I know I would want to hurt the dealers business as much as I could. Suing them will be covered by insurance, big deal (but still a good idea). But killing the customer base sends a message where it hurts most! Large companies need to re-learn that customers are the most important part of business!

Sorry, I'll shut up now... :)

kytaco04
10-07-2008, 04:53 PM
yea... i don't think i can afford a lawyer right now. Steve I paid 14k for the truck.

Bear, If i do post on the national site about this should it be in the old tacoma tech or what forum thread. And should i have people send me their testimonials?

Hoss, yes i would assume its the same crooked Hudson family thats been in Hopkins county forever, I swore i would never buy from them but i figured i had found a good deal on the truck...

muddertrucker99
10-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I would put in the 95.5 to 04 Tacoma Section of the national board. I also hate to say it. But i would also go over to the CT board also. That way you can get double the Testimoneys(sp).

Full_Tilt_Fud
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I work for a fairly large car dealer.

unless it was specifically written somewhere in the pre-purchase vehicle description that the vehicle was equiped with a rear e-locker you have absolutely no legal case......trust me the fine print clears them from being responsible for anything that is not specifically named in writeing.

neither the stickers on the bedsides or it being advertised as a trd have any relevance.......all they have to do is play dumb and say "we did not put those there".........these things lead only to an assumption that the vehicle has a locker but do not specifically state it.

Bear's idea is also irrelevant since your truk is a 4cyl and the trd parkage and susequently the locker was a v-6 only option.......therefore you will not find a vehicle the same as yours equiped with a factory e-locker as there were never any produced.

I am not saying that you did not get took..........nor am I saying it was right or defending the dealer.......simply laying out some facts........the used car industry largely operates on the old "buyer be ware" policy......if the locker was an important option to you it is your responsibility to verify the vehicle not only has it but that it works pre purchase.

if you take it to court the first thing they will ask you is "did we ever tell you it had a locker?" from the sounds of it that answer is no therefore your whole case would be based on a assumption you had which will not stand up.

I feel for you and your situation however I really think you would be farther ahead to forego legal fees, lawyer fees, and just spend the money on a locker of your choice and have it done and over with.

steve h
10-08-2008, 07:17 AM
yea... i don't think i can afford a lawyer right now. Steve I paid 14k for the truck.

It won't cost you anything to call and explain your situation to them. They can determine wether or not you have a case. If you do have a strong case and you win, it won't cost you, the lawyers will take a certain percentage of the amount won. I think you should at least give it a shot.

If there is enough evidence to file criminal charges then a sheriff knocking on the door with an arrest warrant will definitely get their attention.

Bear
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
folder selection is a fine line thing, it would fit in the early tacoma folder, but is really an off topic item. I would put it in either folder but not both.

Regarding receiving the testimonies, either have them add it to the thread and then print them out or have them email you. Either way as long as it is in a hard copy form will surfice (time stamps are also good)

I missed the part about you having a 4 cylinder. makes for a slippery slope. Take Steves advice and consult with an actual attorney.

You will also have to weigh the importance of the case to yourself. I had a situation with a dealership a couple years back, went to an attorney for his advice, was told I very winnable case, but it was going to cost X amount to fight it and the judge could still be stupid and rule against me. So i decide not to pursue it. but I could have if it was that important to me.

Hoss
10-08-2008, 09:26 AM

Bear, If i do post on the national site about this should it be in the old tacoma tech or what forum thread. And should i have people send me their testimonials?

Hoss, yes i would assume its the same crooked Hudson family thats been in Hopkins county forever, I swore i would never buy from them but i figured i had found a good deal on the truck...

Hey, man, they knocked me in the head on a 1990 Olds Cutlass Quad 442. It'd had major engine work done and they sold it as having a "new" Quad-4engine. Come to find out the serial numbers on the block and head matched the factory car numbers, and the head was warped. It went thru head gaskets like underwear and thy ended up buying it back from me.

I'm pretty sure everyone in that area has been screwed by the Hudson family at least once. You'd think they'd be run out of town by now, but they're the biggest car dealer in the area, so they aren't going anywhere.

I hope you get it worked out.

kytaco04
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
i got a response from a member on the CT site and he stated that there were two trd models. the sport had the lsd and the off-road had the elocker. i believe mine has the offroad sticker, but could have the sport parts.

i guess i need to check my sales ticket, all my other crap when i get back to ky. i should know by saturday when i get back.