: When installing a supercharger one must ask…

Bear
10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
What the hell was I thinking???????

I love the power I get from the supercharger, I love the different noise when the motor is under load. I love the look I get when someone asks what is under the hood. Above all, I love the instant response the skinny peddle gives you when mashing it in excess.

But damn finding parts for the damn thing is like pulling Hen's teeth!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :aahg: :aahg:

I have bought spark plugs for this motor with the supercharger on it since 2003! with the blower, the motor requires a colder spark plug (for the ones that did not know) which is always a special order item. I have come to accept the fact.

In the past I have always found the best price at Advanced Auto parts (free plug Dustin) and nice service.

The time to change the plugs is way over due. I think I changed them last when I first moved to Indiana four years ago. But I got the plugs from the local "Advance" no problem. Especially since I have saved a spark plug box from the very first time I started using the colder plugs.

Well this time I was going to order from Napa (another store I was able to get them from back home) because my neighborhood Napa guys know me and it is convenient. Well they can't get my part number up here. Okay, I'll call Advance as I should have in the first place. Same thing! :mad: So long story short after a "few" more phone calls, I get ahold of International Parts.

who's was very nice on the phone and seemed to be able to answer any question with little to no research on my spark plug request and Toyota. So I might have found a better source for parts out of all of this but I will know for sure…after the spark plugs come in…NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

95toyotan
10-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh stop whining...:buttkick:

Atleast you have one...:(

Fuod
10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Blah blah blah Texas... Blah blah blah Shiner... Blah blah blah supercharger...

Show off... :slap:

04trdtaco
10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
i dont have a supercharger but i believe the ngk iridiums are the colder plugs, and the advance auto on west washington street, indianapolis(i worked there) has them, i believe the part number is 4525 im not positive on it but, if they dont have it across the street autozone has denso iridiums and ngk so you could run down there and give them a try.

muddertrucker99
10-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Go see you local Toyota dealer. Some of the tacomas came with S/c from the factory. Well at least TRD. You can also hit Gadget up over at URD

Grant
10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Try this website http://sparkplugs.com/

DN1911
10-19-2008, 05:09 PM
we should be able to get just about any NGK plug. someone probably didn't know what they were doin

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:33 PM
we should be able to get just about any NGK plug. someone probably didn't know what they were doin
I figured as much, as I have gotten them from Advanced in the past....from the same store I called in fact!~

NO bother, I'll check this "new" source out and maybe we can rely on them for other parts for our Toyotas as well.

"y" and I met a toyota tech that lives right behind me today. I am not rehashing all our conversations, but I will say, I hope he comes through with what he was talking about!

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh stop whining...:buttkick:

Atleast you have one...:(
yea! and it is moving out of "recovery" and starting to look more and more like it will actually survive and be on the trails again soon!:D

I'll try not to use the wrong trucks as ramps;)

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Blah blah blah Texas... Blah blah blah Shiner... Blah blah blah supercharger...

Show off... :slap:
:flipoff1:

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I believe I went to that site already, but felt the need to talk to a real person to confirm some stuff.

But thanks for the link. I am going to keep it for future needs.

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Go see you local Toyota dealer. ...
In one word... NO!;)

when plug wires are $76 a set at the "stealership", I have to pinch penny's somewhere else.

I believe you are right about Gadjet as well, but his price is higher than local and I would have still had to wait, possibly longer for him as well.

Bear
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont have a supercharger but i believe the ngk iridiums are the colder plugs, and the advance auto on west washington street, indianapolis(i worked there) has them, i believe the part number is 4525 im not positive on it but, if they dont have it across the street autozone has denso iridiums and ngk so you could run down there and give them a try.
/tgats tge advance Auto parts I called. and for some reason I hate buying spark plugs from Auto Zone. But thanks for the ideas. OH and the denso Iridiums quoted by that Advance, were $20 a plug. For that price I have to pass.

04trdtaco
10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
damn $20 yea i would go somewhere else also.

DN1911
10-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Why am i doing this to a Tacoma!!!

Fuod
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM
:flipoff1:

I bet I hold some kind of record for number of times you've flipped me off... :woot:

Bear
10-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Naw. back home the guys in the office played a game to see how many times per day they could get me to tell each one to "screw" off! a friendly game we joked around with.

Bear
10-21-2008, 08:31 AM
HUH?

sometimes Dustin I just don't follow your typing.

and the reason for doing it to my tacoma was more power. not interested in speed with this truck (never was…it has always been a vehicle to take off road and get me to work) But running the larger tires, a bit more power was desired! I have always felt that a vehicle should have the get up and go when asked upon (merging with traffic) the supercharger is just insurance for that!

mpiercey
10-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Because of your tire size did you change your gearing in your rears?

Just wondering.

Griz

Bear
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Because of your tire size did you change your gearing in your rears?

Just wondering.

Griz

oh yea!

running 5.29's in the rear now! I have "plenty" of power when I need it!

DN1911
10-21-2008, 11:36 PM
i thought we were playing "Finish the title to the thread"
it was just the first thing that popped into my head. i'm all for Forced induction, just don't think the Toyota trucks are good platforms due to a lack of proper tunning options.

Bear
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
i thought we were playing "Finish the title to the thread"
it was just the first thing that popped into my head. i'm all for Forced induction, just don't think the Toyota trucks are good platforms due to a lack of proper tunning options.

you are right about the trucks not being a good platform for forced induction. That is if you are talking about adding forced induction for the typical reasons; speed and horsepower and/or racing.

Normally the type that adds the blowers to their vehicles are into the racing scene, street scene etc. Hell the reason mine was available was because a ricer street racer, blew his motor trying to run the blower in conjunction with nitrous.

But there are a select few that like forced induction for the added horsepower only. the ones that are mature enough to know they are not behind the wheel of a race car just because there is a super charger or turbo under the hood.

I like to think I fall into the ladder category. i never intended to rap mine out. and rarely drive more than 10 miles over the speed limit. But it is sure nice to know if I have to get out of the way, that my motor will immediately respond and not lag or feel like I just stepped on a wet wash cloth.