: You gotta love…

Bear
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
…having "mail order" houses in the next state over!

Last night I ordered my muffler for the taco from Jegs, as it appears the dead cat partially clogged the muffler.

I know they have a distribution hub in Ohio, and have ordered from them in the past as well as Summit.

In the past I have gotten parts as quickly as two days from Summit without being charged any shipping fees (they do charge your handling which to me is the same thing)

Jeg's has been equally quick on past orders.

But this order is awesome! I ordered at 7:30 last night on-line. This morning I got in and received an email from Jegs. I am thinking they are confirming the order…fine. I open the email and it is indeed a confirmation, but also an order status. I click on the link for the tracking number and the part was sent Fed Ex and is already on the Indianapolis delivery truck for delivery today!

No overnight fees, and a minimal handling fee, and I get the part over nighted! that is just cool!:kewl: About time things start going my way.

Now hopefully I can find some flanges that won't take a week to deliver. But I got some ideas on where to go for those ;)

Bear
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Received an email alert from Fed Ex about 30 minutes ago!

The damn muffler has already been delivered to the house!

(and don't think you can race me home for it either! the kids are out of school today and have already grabbed it off the front pourch! :flipoff3: )

Here is a link to the flow master I got: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_216&products_id=4085

yes Brinner, more diamond plate! :p

jason6746
10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
nice, that will have a nice sound, i think i put a 50 series in mine

Bear
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I really didn't consider the sound when I was looking for mufflers. More concerned with reliability and "endourance. (you know I kinda clank the bottom of my truck a bit. ;)

I only did a sound clip when I was looking for that link. The sound clip they have on the site sounds like it is on a V8 so it sounds aggressive.

I hope it doesn't sound too ricey with it on!

But it will definitely be louder now.:eek: Not sure if I want it to be either.

NwiTACO
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I've got the 50 series on my truck, doesn't sound ricey, actually sounds great!

Bear
10-23-2008, 12:43 PM
yea, I always thought if I got a flow master, I would stick with the 50 or 60 series, maybe the 70, because the 40's I had been around were so deep in tone.

I'l have to wait and see when I get it installed. Plan on doing it Saturday at the latest. who knows, it might sound really great! I am just paranoid like that. what can go wrong normally does for me in other words!

Bear
11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I forgot to follow this thread up. I recieved the muffler, and installed without issue. The install was a very quick and straight forward.

I shortened the overall length of the exhaust due to my future rear mods. The exhaust now exits right behind the cab.

Since having issues with my motor still it has not ran very long, but when the truck was idling and I was able to rev the rpm's, the muffler sound much better than I expected.

Momma bear says the truck sounds like "one of those rock buggies" I guess that was her way of complementing the sound!