: Bummed :(

HoosierTacoma08
10-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Drove up to 4wheelparts last Saturday and ordered my Bestop Supertop for my taco.....called yesterday to see if it was in.....well its not, won't even be shipped from Bestop till the 30th. The main reason I ordered was for my road trip coming up, guess I'll have to use a tarp. :(
Thanks for reading, had to vent a little.

Jared

Fuod
10-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Dude, that sucks!

Want we should get the boys together to have a chat with 4wheelparts? :D

HoosierTacoma08
10-26-2008, 09:17 PM
:D Don't know if that will be nesesary, but if I don't get my pop n lock in the next couple days I may round you guys up. :cool:

Bear
10-27-2008, 10:15 AM
not sure why you need a tonneau or what you are hauling, but in the past I have helped relatives build a decent tonneau out of ply wood. It will work for you in a pinch. Just need some 1" angle iron and a sheet of 5/16" ply wood.

Drill some holes in the lip of the bed for your angle iron and then lay the plywood in the "channels" you created.

You can do some other things to add security if you need it. Simple way is to get a tail gate lock so you can run carriage bolts to anchor "lid" down. Use wing nuts on the underside where the only way to get to the wing nuts is to unlock the tail gate.

Like I said we used to build this way when we traveled across country in big 4 door full size trucks with the whole family.

HoosierTacoma08
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Great idea....just wish I had the time to build it. I'm headed out Thurs. morning and the next couple days are jam packed. Good thing is my buddy hooked me up with a rubber tarp so everything should be fine now.