TTORA Forum banner

How do you test your flex at home?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RedRunnertc 
#1 ·
Axles on and i wanted to see how it flexed out and see where i needed shock hoops. Anyways I used the engine hoist and ran out of room for a full flex. My hoist is not the best and the chains were kinda long but still i couldnt get a tire to think about pulling up...What do you use to flex out your rig? I need some ideas.

#2 ·
I've driven up on top of a big pile of tires...:D But that only works when you have about 4 sets of tires laying around...

#4 ·
you will never get the full flex potential out of it other than by driving it up on something. Need the motor torque to see what it is going to do to the springs:2cents:

#5 ·
Testing for full travel, or trail flex?

If the first, pull the packs apart on the end you're testing, reinstall with only the main leaf and some blocks of wood or something as thick as the rest of the pack, use a jack or whatever to bring up one side while the other hangs. Truck's obviously gotta be on stands for this.

Otherwise, find a ditch, or a shop with a ramp, or a loading dock with a ramp, or a hill or something.

#7 ·
Luck for me, they were digging the basement next door to my house. I used the big ass dirt pile to flex on to check for bumpstop mounting in the front.

While fitting my 40's, I drove about a mile to a friend's shop and used his forklift

#9 ·
I think im going be making it drive so i can use the lumina....If its around. I guess i have that dirtpile too.

I think i could put the boom out farther on the hoists too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.