: WT wheeling 11-23-08

zanyzonies
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
It was a good day of wheeling to day!

Thanks to Fourbychef, Ivanst (sorry you broke Elmo) and 007Max, 85Flopped, and War Rated & Freinds for making a great day!

We ran: Tie rod, Firebird, Ruler, Upper Scorpion, & Turtle falls.
here is a link to the pictures I took.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568868549NszMGP

howyadoin
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
What'd Elmo break?

007max
11-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Awesome wheeling with you guys today. Too bad there's not more stuff that my truck could do out there. Was the guy with the TJ with the busted rear suspension still out there when you guys got back to the staging area? He broke the upper links right off the rear axle going down the dirt road after the staging spot :rolleyes: Saw him fly by while I was airing up and not 5 minutes later he was back with the rear drive shaft clanging around on the ground :doh:

My pictures are in the link below, did anyone get one of the rock at that got my bedside?

http://gallery.azmaximas.org/album51?page=1

lvanst
11-23-2008, 09:56 PM
What'd Elmo break?

Rear spool - OR - ring and pinion...

I'll have it apart soon. If it's the spool, I may switch to a Detroit locker. The spool seems to limit my steering a bit...

howyadoin
11-23-2008, 09:58 PM

I'll have it apart soon. If it's the spool, I may switch to a Detroit locker. The spool seems to limit my steering a bit...

Detroit won't help you much there except for during "front digs"...sounds like a great reason for a Detroit AND an Atlas!:D

lvanst
11-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Detroit won't help you much there except for during "front digs"...sounds like a great reason for a Detroit AND an Atlas!:D

I like the FrontRange disconnect, at 1/4 the cost of an Atlas... Anyway, my Elmo budget just changed direction so now I get to buy what I need instead of what I want... http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg257/lvanst/Emoticons/tantrum.gif

zanyzonies
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Good deal! your getting Elmo fixed so we can do some "really" hard trails, and have maxximum carnage next time! :eek:

I did not see any other vehicles limping around when we left, 007Max.
Hey, you did real good with your truck today!

we'll have you on one tons & 40's in no time at all! :D

it was a bitchin day! :kewl:

Spinnas
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM

NO WAY could it be a ring and pinion, that's a Toyota part:D :xpopcorn2

Detroits break, spools do not, unless it's a mini-spool, and even then that's a far stretch.

cruiserjim
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM

Detroits break, spools do not, unless it's a mini-spool, and even then that's a far stretch.

x2,if it's a full spool it is not broke.

MerMan
11-23-2008, 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=Spinnas;1434898]NO WAY could it be a ring and pinion, that's a Toyota part:D :xpopcorn2

Well at least Toyota parts dont do this
:flipoff4:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/sm112108/DSC03271.jpg

Detroits break

:rolleyes: ...Dont want to say it because last time you and I "discussed" toyota parts,mine went BOOM...Fucker!:D

Observe
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/th_FJscoutingrun014.jpg (http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/?action=view&current=FJscoutingrun014.flv)

Symon623
11-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a good time. Kevin I can't see your pics here at work, I'll check em out at home later.

zanyzonies
11-24-2008, 09:17 AM

It sure sounded like it was in the front drivers side, or in the ring & pinion to me when it went Loren.
you had just extracted 85flopped, and continued up Ruler, and the wierd thing is, that when it went you didnt seem to be real bound up. I was looking at your Passenger front tire as you strarted coming forward up that really small "big ass rock", when "POP":eek: it just unloaded!
then as you started forward again and got on the same rock, it made that racheting sound, from the same place. could a berfield split and the axle spin inside of it under load?

Sounds like a good time. Kevin I can't see your pics here at work, I'll check em out at home later.

It was a good day Sy, wish you could have come. hows the project comming?
how long till we have "wheelage"?

War Rated
11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for posting up the pictures. I'm sorry Elmo broke, but in true Toyota tradition, it drove out. Had a good time, would still like to do Landslide, maybe in a couple of weeks when Jim's rig is ready:welder: Besides, Landslide is the only trail I can consistantly find.

lvanst
11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
I would be delighted if it's a birfield. I'm running 30-spline Long's. They be free!

I'm going to go dick around with it. Considering all the interest, I should probably start an "Elmo breaks a bone" thread... :D

zanyzonies
11-24-2008, 10:13 PM
"When Elmo brake's a bone" the thread.

you must admit, that when someone breaks a heep, no one gets exited.

but braking a Toyota, especially a built buggy type Elmo rig, every one needs to know why. because they dont break that often. but when they do, it's usually loud and spectacular.

War Rated
11-25-2008, 03:35 PM
You have a REALLY nice heap if I did not already mention it! Also not denied on Scorpian. And Scorpian is the training bra of waterfalls.

Spinnas
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Well at least Toyota parts dont do this
:flipoff4:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/sm112108/DSC03271.jpg

I was just talking to Mike, and he said that's because Toyota parts can't get to where he broke that!:xpopcorn2

Kaistie
11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, it definitely looks like that thing was on its way out long before Mr. Destructorama got his foot into it. Still have that connection for 5 ton reachlift axles...

MerMan
11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I was just talking to Mike, and he said that's because Toyota parts can't get to where he broke that!:xpopcorn2

Uhmm..Why dont you talk to Cary"Got propane Cary"He might be able to give you guys some pointers on how to get it done ON Toyota shit:flipoff4:... (back in the day):D

Spinnas
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Uhmm..Why dont you talk to Cary"Got propane Cary"He might be able to give you guys some pointers on how to get it done ON Toyota shit:flipoff4:... (back in the day):D

Actually after talking to those guys, they said that Cary really never "got on it" until he did FJ80 axles and the first time he "got on it" he broke a R&P. Then he went to bling bling 9's and he fully gets some!

MerMan
11-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Actually after talking to those guys, they said that Cary really never "got on it" until he did FJ80 axles and the first time he "got on it" he broke a R&P. Then he went to bling bling 9's and he fully gets some!

Must be nice,huh:( ...shit, Ill give it a shot one of these days. After loosing these damn leaf springs:)