: Are You Friggen Kidding Me?????????????

Bear
11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I just called the "stealership" on the crankshaft pulley that I need for the timing belt…

$373 and some change?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek:

It's a friggen chunk of steel that holds the damn timing belt on!

If it was domestic, the part would be about $40-$60 at most!

BASTARDS!

brinner
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
melt some metal on there and then grind it down to teeth :D

muddertrucker99
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I just called the "stealership" on the crankshaft pulley that I need for the timing belt…

BASTARDS!

Bear what year is your truck? I can check with my that rebuilds tacomas and see what he wants for one. He is pretty reasonable. I hope you read this before you go to the stealership. Also if he want sell you one i might have one other connection.

Sweendogie
11-24-2008, 09:03 PM
is this what you need?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-TACOMA-4RUNNER-TUNDRA-T100-CRANK-PULLEY-95-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem290275428858QQitemZ290275428858Q QptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
eBay Motors: TOYOTA TACOMA,4RUNNER,TUNDRA,T100 CRANK PULLEY, 95-04 (item 290275428858 end time Dec-14-08 18:37:51 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-TACOMA-4RUNNER-TUNDRA-T100-CRANK-PULLEY-95-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q 7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem290275428858QQitemZ290275428858Q QptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)

muddertrucker99
11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
That is the pulley in front of the one he needs. The one he needs has teeth on it.

Hagan34
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM

BASTARDS!

just get a used 350 and put in it, you can pick them up for 375 all day

Sweendogie
11-24-2008, 09:31 PM
That is the pulley in front of the one he needs. The one he needs has teeth on it.
shat i tried haha:p

Bear
11-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Nope but thanks, that is the "harmonic balancer. Derek is right. I need the one that goes behind the lower cover that has cogs on it to drive the timing belt.

But I appreciate you looking out for me.

Bear
11-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Well any hook up you can provide will help. like I said in the other thread, I really believe everyone was giving me a price for the Harmonic like Tyler found.

the specs on my truck are as follows: 97 extended cab supercharged 3.4 V6 4x4. (I know you know most of the specs, but I gave the complete break down mostly out of habit)

If you can help me out, that would be great. The wife is suppose to take the actual part to the stealership this afternoon to get a price because like I really said, I think the joker behind the counter was looking up the wrong part.

muddertrucker99
11-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Well any hook up you can provide will help. like I said in the other thread, I really believe everyone was giving me a price for the Harmonic like Tyler found.

the specs on my truck are as follows: 97 extended cab supercharged 3.4 V6 4x4. (I know you know most of the specs, but I gave the complete break down mostly out of habit)

If you can help me out, that would be great. The wife is suppose to take the actual part to the stealership this afternoon to get a price because like I really said, I think the joker behind the counter was looking up the wrong part.

All those guys behind the counter know to do is look at the computer image and hope they are pricing you the right part. I got the same run around when i was getting my oil pan for the SAS. I went to the national board and got my part# contacted my buddy that works at the stealership. He got me the parts at his cost. But when he order my parts he ordered his also. The stealership told me that it would be around 300 for all of the parts. I can't really say what he charged me but it was awhole lot better than 300

Bear
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I hear ya about having friends in the "right places" and having a resource as TTORA has been fantastic as well.

I am just lucky I have a supportive wife that is willing to help out where she can. She may not know mechanics but she is always great when asked to run parts for me. She is especially good about understanding/listening to me about what I need in order to convey that to the counter monkey's as well as prevent coming home with the wrong parts. (normally gets a better deal as well since she is blond. :D )

Bear
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Well Momma bear is on her way to order the crankshaft gear from Andy Mohr.

$55 and some change, much better than the price the idiot gave me for the wrong part.

I would have sent her to Tom Woods, but for the price of gas, the price would have evened out and this way she can get home without fighting traffic.

the part should be here Friday at the latest, which means by the end of the weekend I should be driving the truck with full power again!

(hope I don't wreck it since I am not used to driving it any longer. :o )

95toyotan
11-25-2008, 07:36 PM
I have to work this saturday:rolleyes:

But I'll see if I can get over there sunday to help!

Bear
11-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Lonny and I will probably get started on it Friday and should have the timing belt stuff back together.

I didn't realize the TFT run at Badlands was so close though. I have a bunch of stuff to tidy up before then. I am sure I will be working on the truck all weekend so Sunday would be cool!

Bear
12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Well after thinking I had three solid days of working on the truck, with new crank gear in hand, I figured I would be golden.

I sit here, Monday morning with sore, stiff hands from working on the truck all weekend and the damn thing is still not put back together!

We got everything back together on Friday night as scheduled, only to find the truck still would not start. Definite timing issue. so we tore it all down again.

By the time "Y" came over on Saturday and asked if anyone had checked Top dead center, Lonny and I realized we each thought the other had checked it. So the plan of attack was to tear it down and start over as well as to wait for day light as the marks to line up are extremely hard to see at night to remain accurate with our placements.

So Yesterday came around and I had the motor torn down for the most part before everyone got back to the garage. We got things put back together pretty quickly, as we had previously done the same work about 5 times since Thanksgiving.

Everything looks good…go to fire it up to test the progress…Bendix on the starter crapped out!:mad: No way to fire it up to check if everything is working properly now.

Since this is the Xmas shopping season. I have to check the accounts to make sure I can afford the $100 starter. I might go with a junk yard special, but I don't really relish that idea. But we are going to do what we have to do.

But with the latest development, I doubt it will be ready before next weekend which is the TFT run at the Badlands!

yes! i am really beginning to get frustrated, I never had this much trouble getting an issue solved!

Bear
12-10-2008, 03:11 PM
So here I sit at work, with not much going on…just watching the dorks carry on.

So I reminisce upon journeys back, when BearAttack would actually moved when the whip cracked.

Sitting here all melancholy, just wishing the problem was just a mere Holly

But in the driveway does she sit, waiting for a new starter kit

why oh why must this holiday hit. As with the the gift buying, I had to quit.

the wrenches are quiet, the tools are cold. I am sure if you look mold does surely grow.

Why oh why couldn't the motor run, after the first, second or fifth time spun.

As sure as old st. nick's arrival comes soon, the once and powerful Gold truck will sit, quiet as a played out tune.

But soon in the new year! a wrench will fly, and the motor will rumble hopefully not too much a tear.

If this damn toyota won't start then, into the trash bin it will be flung!

But if it wakes from it's slumber, shortly after I will be driving over fresh cut lumber.

as The badlands builds new fences, the truck will tear them down without pretences.

so on with the work, on with the fixes. WE have got to get this truck back into the mixes.

If only a dime would solve the time.

If only a dime would call back the horses. over many a rough coarse we would clamber.

Damn that sucks! :lmao:

It also sucks that I am so damn bored I am trying to rhyme and write poetry about my broken truck! :o

NwiTACO
12-10-2008, 03:30 PM
It also sucks that I am so damn bored I am trying to rhyme and write poetry about my broken truck! :o

That's just what I was thinkin! Stick to taking pictures though, o.k.?:cool:

Bear
12-10-2008, 03:32 PM
That's just what I was thinkin! Stick to taking pictures though, o.k.?:cool:

:lmao:

there once was a man from nantucket, that sat around all day saying …

Better? :rolleyes:

Bear
12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
but come on! you have to admit you either rolled your eyes or laughed!

Either way, it gave you a break from reality for a few seconds!

NwiTACO
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Put that to an AC/DC tune and you got a winner!

Fuod
12-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Sitting here all melancholy, just wishing the problem was just a mere Holly

I'll give you 4 points for using the word melancholy and spelling it right! :D

Bear
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Spell check is a wonderful tool!

LOL

Bear
12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Put that to an AC/DC tune and you got a winner!

which tune you thinking? "Big balls"? Or "dirty deeds"

I am a pretty avid Ac/Dc fan, so you have a good idea in my eyes! :cool:

Hagan34
12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
wow i need to call your boss!