: what do you think????????

rocktoy87
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
i picked up a 2wd yota. no motor or tranny but has a 8.8 narrowed with 4.30's. i was thinking about rebuilding the efi i have to put in, but dont have a tranny. looking at the cost I need a harness from ecu forward, tranny and rebuild kit. I dont know what the 22re needs. The kicker, I was searching on ebay and found a couple 7megte's with 5spd's for around 1400-1800. which would be alittle more than what I would be spending to do the above, given worse case. so do I spend the extra and have a kick ass parts runner or rebuild and down the road do what I really wanna do with the truck????????

86 toy
01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
i picked up a 2wd yota. no motor or tranny but has a 8.8 narrowed with 4.30's. i was thinking about rebuilding the efi i have to put in, but dont have a tranny. looking at the cost I need a harness from ecu forward, tranny and rebuild kit. I dont know what the 22re needs. The kicker, I was searching on ebay and found a couple 7megte's with 5spd's for around 1400-1800. which would be alittle more than what I would be spending to do the above, given worse case. so do I spend the extra and have a kick ass parts runner or rebuild and down the road do what I really wanna do with the truck????????

go with the 7mg and be cool :cool:.. my friend josh just bought an 87 supra $1200 with a 7mge in it so he can strip it of it's driveline and put in in his 4runner seems like an easy swap. the car runs great and he is currently driving it so before you pay 1400-1800 for just an engine look around for a donor car

YotaFun
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
go with the 7mg and be cool :cool:.. my friend josh just bought an 87 supra $1200 with a 7mge in it so he can strip it of it's driveline and put in in his 4runner seems like an easy swap. the car runs great and he is currently driving it so before you pay 1400-1800 for just an engine look around for a donor car

What he said!
Also talk to Corax (Keith, you will meet him on the 17th)
He did this swap on his runner and has a healthy knowledge of it :)