: Which is better

Thrasher's05tacoma
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Guys my 05 tacoma is the first truck that i am lifting & want to know can i put a 3in. suspension lift & a leveling kit to get more than just 3in. or can i only put 1 or the other. I would like a little more than 3 but i dont want a body lift. I dont want to go no more that 5in. & i dont want to spend no more than $500 on the lift so if you guys can give me a push in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Tweeter
06-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Umm I think Revtek might be the winner?

www.wheelersoffroad.com

ShowStop
06-21-2005, 05:56 PM
You cannot stack suspension lifts, it is un-safe, doesn't work in most situations, and exceeds the limits of your suspension. If you want 3" of lift, coilovers or spacers are your choices. Given your $500 budget, coilovers are out and spacers are your primary option. As already mentioned, the Revtek 3" kit for the 2005 is a good choice and includes everything you need.

Thrasher's05tacoma
06-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Guys i checked out the revtek 3in. lift i think i like it now can someone tell me does it come with everything i need to do the job & how long will it take to install & what size tires can i go with without trimming the fenders?

themariachi
06-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Guys i checked out the revtek 3in. lift i think i like it now can someone tell me does it come with everything i need to do the job & how long will it take to install & what size tires can i go with without trimming the fenders?
almost positive you'll need a coil spring compressor...of course all the other basic tools any shop should have...just rent one from a local auto parts store...shouldn't take more than a couple hours...bump for the rest

nhlbill
06-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Guys my 05 tacoma is the first truck that i am lifting & want to know can i put a 3in. suspension lift & a leveling kit to get more than just 3in. or can i only put 1 or the other. I would like a little more than 3 but i dont want a body lift. I dont want to go no more that 5in. & i dont want to spend no more than $500 on the lift so if you guys can give me a push in the right direction i would appreciate it.
Check out www.toyteclifts.com
Awesome company!!
Bill