: Need assistance with Nerf bars install question.

FLCard
06-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if the mud flaps have to be removed. The front mud flaps seem to be in the way of the brackets. They are UWS for my new 05 prerunner. Any help would be great.

DCabTaco
06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
You will find out that multiple post will only get you to be flamed here. This is the 3rd thread you have started on the same question. As a newbie the best suggestion I will give you is learn how to use the search and post newbie questions on the newbie section. Even though this may not be considered a newbie question, you have already gotten some answers that tell you most people here don't care to much for nerf bars. I have them on my truck, but I have an 04 and I didn't have to remove any mud flaps for the install. Read your instructions and use some ingenuity.

sploosh
06-22-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't know if you kept posting because not enough people responded or you just weren't sure what you were doing, but if noone is responding to a thread, just bump it up to the top. If still nothing, we don't know the answer. If you're going to be posting a lot, search for the answer first before you start a thread. I had nerf bars on my '02 before I realized that they were useless. I didn't have to remove the mudflaps, however they came off anyway after I tore them off backing up over a large rock. See if the manufacterer has a tech line on their website. They could probably give you some tips.

FLCard
06-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks, I feel so welcome. Toyota, oh what a feeling.

sploosh
06-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Don't get pissed. Ya gotta have thick skin on these boards. ;)