: V6 swap?

TacoGrande
06-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Taco Folks,
I tried the search but came up with near nothing. Has anyone ever tried to swap a 3.4L V6 for thier 2.7L I4 in a reg cab? Would the 6cyl even fit in a reg cab and would it mate up ok to the tranny form the 2.7? I'm just curious and thanks in advance.

-TacoGrande

onemoreokie
06-23-2005, 10:05 AM
No it does not mate up and use search this has been covered in the past 24hours.
Thanks

ShowStop
06-23-2005, 10:25 AM
We just covered this topic yesterday. Read this thread first:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12188

The basic answers to your questions are yes, the V6 will fit in the truck. No the engine won't directly bolt to the transmission without a different bellhousing. And no, I'm not aware of anybody doing this kind of swap. There are lots of other issues that go along with doing this swap, so read my post in the other thread for those details.

TacoGrande
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Sorry man.
Wasn't sure if it made a difference on years or not. That guy had a 00 Taco and mines an 02. Sorry about that, should have been more specific. excuse my newb-ness.

-TacoGrande

mrbigbri
06-23-2005, 11:49 AM
There was a guy who swapped in the V6 on his 4-cyl Mini. This was covered over on customtacos.com a couple years back. His install looked really clean, and he needed A LOT from the donor truck, and I mean A LOT.

Brian