: rear window

4xbrian
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Anybody know how you remove the rear window on a 95? its a reg cab w/o a slider... Thanks

98TRD
06-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Are you trying to save it? If not use a BFH

Mike-in-WV
06-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Anybody know how you remove the rear window on a 95? its a reg cab w/o a slider... Thanks Get some string like you see for bailing hay.
Get in a possition where you can push on both ends with equal preasure with your feet from the inside. It will pop right out and hurt nothing.They are made to do that as well as the front . Mike

MLB
06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Hogtie it with the string after you get it out????????

xakman
06-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Use a guitar string.

4xbrian
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
well, I was trying to get it from the outside..... locked the damn keys in it again and someone suggested this once before. but no worries, I just cut it open with a chainsaw :saw: BTW what do you use the string for?

kwikrnu
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Is there a more detailed explanation somewhere of how to remove but more importantly install a new one? I have a 95.5.

kwikrnu
07-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I just removed and installed another and it only took an hour start to finish. Basically I stuck a couple of screw drivers between the window rubber seal and the body of the truck on the outside. Moving the screw drivers I was finally able to pop the window out.
Replacing the window took more time.
I slid the window in as much as I could making sure the rubber seal was where it was supposed to be inside the cab on the top and to one side. Then using the screw driver method I ran along the bottom of the half I slid in popping the rubber seal to the inside. Then I did that corner. Then I started from the middle towards the other side. I was just going to take it to a shop but I'm sure this saved me $20-$50 minimum.