TTORA Forum banner

Straight axel eliminator kit?

5K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Trollhole 
#1 ·
Straight axel eliminator kit? Who sells it?

#5 ·
i think he means birfield eliminator kit, right?

Why not just get longs?

#7 ·
no he really is saying a kit to remove the front axle and all, then install IFS components onto the front.....odd little guy i must say....

#11 ·
Omg!!!!!!

Dude not cool... IFS on a 40. Why would you do that?

#19 ·
IFS on a 40 is like chopping a 40 like this

:confused:NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO:confused:

Attachments

#25 ·
i would think the easiest way would be to take the 40's body off and put it onto a more modern yota chassis with ifs...then sell your old 40 stuff as a rolling chassis to someone on here for cheap :)

#27 ·
I think Empire offers a kit :D

#29 ·
sorry, but that FJ40 rat rod is cool & unusual. I'd never switch a '40 to IFS, but I remember seeing at least one built primarily for snow wheeling by some Canadian shop. It was featured in a fairly recent off road mag, with aluminum body, lots of horsepower, lots of custom work. I'm trying to remember if it was Aqualu, trying to showcase a new aluminum FJ40 tub. Maybe someone on here still has the mag. FWIW, don't do it bro. Just get a late model FJ for road manners & keep the 40 true to it's heritage, unless you want to convert it into a low rider, in which case I say, go for it. lol.

#30 ·
Are you talking about the Birf eliminator kit? Warn was the only company that I know of that had a system. From what I have heard it sucked.

DO yourself a favor and get a set of longfields. You will have little to worry about except in moving the weak point somewhere else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.