: ARB Solenoid install?

chilitoy
02-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I was trying to get the solenoid on my ARB compressor(new ckma12) and can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong. I have the correct coupler to plumb the solenoid to the compressor. According to the instuctions you loosen a 10 mm bolt and twist the top part(silver tube) of the compressor where there are 2 removable threaded plugs. I can only get the black end cap where the 1/4" pressure switch is to spin. The silver tube needs to spin to get the solenoid threaded in. I tried pretty hard to get it to move( yes, I even put down my purse),but I didn't want to mess anything up. Has anyone had this problem, or I am I just plain ole stupid and can't 'cypher the instructions?:confused:

RedRunnertc
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Mine was nice and easy ... is there a 10 mm on each end?

Might just be kinda stuck from the paint on the end caps and need to be snapped loose.

ARB customer service is awesome - if it can wait til tomorrow, I would call them and ask.

TowerRigger
02-04-2009, 11:09 PM
:withstup: I just thought this might be a fun place to use this smiley. Like usual I have nothing of real importance to add.

chilitoy
02-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanx again Troy! I talked with ARB and they explained that the O-rings will stick. After putting my purse and chardonay down, I used a little more leverage and finally got the tank to spin. I also loosend the bolt and went for a bike ride and then tried it when I got home and success. Maybe I was being a little too cautious.Now time to use about a 100 zip ties.:xbeer3::withstup:
Thanx to you too Towerigger, allsupport helps in times of frustration.