: Names

brinner
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
lately ive been pretty busy at work and im starting to forget names of some in the club:( so if you could try to make an occaisonal reference to your first name (maybe every once in awhile put a "--John" or "--RickyBobby" at the end of a post). Screennames are nice but knowing names actually helps when we go on runs.

--Brian

DN1911
02-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Just in case you forget mine...you can come and Kiss my Ass!

Fuod
02-08-2009, 07:42 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a cold right now and I laughed so hard at this I couldn't stop coughing!

brinner
02-08-2009, 08:09 AM

the "--RickyBobby" was just for you :D

DN1911
02-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks!

Bear
02-09-2009, 07:51 AM
So you are basically just saying you are going senile. :confused:

Here is a trick especially for you…carry the contact list with you so you can cross reference screen names with real names! :D one of the perks of being an officer!

brinner
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
yea, more paper :rolleyes:

Bear
02-09-2009, 11:51 AM
all you forestry types are all the same! ;)

Oh! speaking of which, I may need you to help cub #3 this year in 4H. She signed up for forestry so she might need some tutoring! I got her covered with her photography part!

brinner
02-09-2009, 01:54 PM
cool no problem

gtrotter
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I've got experience with forestry, might even have some study materials you can have. I competed for four years in forestry judging through the FFA, so I learned a bit.

-Grant

brinner
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
even better

Bear
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I've got experience with forestry, might even have some study materials you can have. I competed for four years in forestry judging through the FFA, so I learned a bit.

-Grant

even better

I have not yet looked at her work book yet to actually see what all is involved but thanks to both of you in advance.

NwiTACO
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Prolly a dumb question ( I was never a 4-H'er) but wtf is forestry? Like gardening only trees? I can grow you some shiat!

-Mark

brinner
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
it deals with the sustainability of plants and trees, typically the trees involved are 'hardwood' trees (Poplar, Black Walnut, Oak, Persimmon, Sweetgum, Honey locust, Ash, Butternut, Hickory, Maple, Beech, Elm, Sycamore, etc.) where the focus for a particular species is based upon what was historically "native" to a particular state/area. Sustainability can be for production of wood (lumber) or for wildlife value (i.e. Shagbark Hickory is preferred by the endangered Indiana Bat). Forestry also includes more "hands on" stuff like techniques for harvesting trees for lumber such as chainsaw techniques that maximize board feet for a tree as well as tasks related to harvesting trees such as climbing trees.

....im pretty sure that pot-growing is somewhere in that realm.

Basically its alot of shit that you probably couldnt find less interesting unless you LOVE wildlife OR youre a bark nasher (tree hugger/hippie)

gtrotter
02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Basically its alot of shit that you probably couldnt find less interesting unless you LOVE wildlife OR youre a bark nasher (tree hugger/hippie)

...or you are using it to get out of school for a few days a year. I was in the FFA all 4 years of high school, and I used events like this to get out of school. Surprisingly, I learned something from it.

My experience comes more with ID of trees both through leaves and the "fruit." I also have some experience with tree management, and different aspects dealing with caring for/planting trees.

brinner
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
im senile....at the ripe old age of 28 so keep putting your name on a post occaisionally please.

HoosierTacoma08
03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Well you've never met me to have the chance to forget my name, but now that my truck is becoming more trail worthy hopefully you will get that chance. :D

Jared
HoosierTacoma08

Bear
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Jared,

are you going to make the red bird activities?

HoosierTacoma08
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Jared,

are you going to make the red bird activities?

I would have liked to, but I have 4 estimates to do and committed to helping some friends move after that. I do want to become more involved since I'm getting my truck up to par now, just have to try harder to work in some play time. :D

Bear
03-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I would have liked to, but I have 4 estimates to do and committed to helping some friends move after that. I do want to become more involved since I'm getting my truck up to par now, just have to try harder to work in some play time. :D
Understandable, we are not "going anywhere"

Fuod
03-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Well you've never met me to have the chance to forget my name, but now that my truck is becoming more trail worthy hopefully you will get that chance. :D

Jared
HoosierTacoma08

You wouldn't be upset with the abilities of a stock Tacoma! Why would you have to build your rig up before running with us? I'm all stock and I have a great time on every run!

Bear
03-20-2009, 07:29 AM
yup I agree, we really make every attempt to make sure EVERYONE on the runs can make the trails. and if not make sure there are by-passes for the lesser equipped trucks.

why do you think Fuod can make all the souther runs. LOL

HoosierTacoma08
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
You wouldn't be upset with the abilities of a stock Tacoma! Why would you have to build your rig up before running with us? I'm all stock and I have a great time on every run!

Oh I'm not disappointed at all, but you guys do hit some serious trails. I think I baby my truck too much, I'm workin' on getting over that. :D

yup I agree, we really make every attempt to make sure EVERYONE on the runs can make the trails. and if not make sure there are by-passes for the lesser equipped trucks.

That's good to know. You'll definitely be seeing me some this year. :cool:

Bear
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
That's good to know. You'll definitely be seeing me some this year. :cool:

the sooner the better! :D

Oh and about the seriousness of the trails we hit…not many in this state know what a serious trail really looks like ;)

remember my truck was designed "before" I moved to Indiana, and I try to design things with a purpose. The purpose of my truck was to keep up with most everyone else I wheeled with back home. (and no comments out of the peanut gallery either :p)

Fuod
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM

:rofl:

:flipoff1:

Bear
03-20-2009, 10:54 AM
See you in the morning! :xmoon::bitchslap:neener:

redbirdrunner
03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I personnaly think that what defines a trail as serious has a lot to do with experience and level of truck modifications. There may not be a lot of boulders around here to destroy your truck on but I would rather have a tight trail with trees and hills. To me that is what its all about. Just my opinion though:2cents:

Bear
03-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I think our goals should be to increase everyones abilities both in their vehicles as well as in their driving.

Sometimes that learning curve can be steep and take the driver to the next level faster than anticipated.

But my objective is to keep it safe and fun for everyone at the same time. Which as you can imagine can be extremely challenging. thus we try to pick trails and locations that provide terrain that offers the most for the group as a whole.

Maybe within the near future, we will have everyone close to the same speed vehicle and ability wise and we can start focusing on different disciplines of off roading. (I actually prefer rock climbing to anything else, which is different from your description)

Fuod
03-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe within the near future, we will have everyone close to the same speed vehicle and ability wise and we can start focusing on different disciplines of off roading. (I actually prefer rock climbing to anything else, which is different from your description)

Redbird does not like rocks! :lmao:

Bear
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
yea that is about all I know about that park! oh you are talking about your mall crawling red truck aren't you? sorry.

psst; did you see the announcement? did you have any more luck locating more photos?

brinner
03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
get around me for more than 30 min. and its easy to see why type of terrain i like :D too bad my breakover angle sucks right now :dunno:

Bear
03-20-2009, 12:07 PM
hmmm, could it possibly be hill climbing? :D