: Clutch starting...

Duplexx
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
When it rains, it pours, first my door, then my breaks now my 98 taco wont start when you push the clutch to the floor. is there a micro that is involved?
thank heavens there is a clutch start cancel button.
as always, thanks for the help...

ike
02-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like the contacts are not closing for the clutch saftey switch down by the pedal.

Gerdo
02-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes, there is a switch mounted on the clutch pedel. It must be out of adjustment. Did you just get new floor mats?

RedRunnertc
02-08-2009, 06:52 PM
It starts with the clutch start cancel? The clutch disengages properly and no issues shifting gears?

Quick Draw
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Well first of all, make sure that your foot is all the way to the floor, as far as it can possibly go. I know that sounds simple, but I've made that mistake where I was just far enough off for the switch not to contact. Then check under your dash and make sure that the clutch pedal is contacting the switch, and making it go in all the way. If it is, test the switch with a continuity tester. Unplug it and put a probe on either side of the switch. The needle type probes help for this.. Push the switch manually, and it should indicate continuity, and then no continuity when you let go. Just by doing that, I would guess that you will find the problem. If not, let us know.