: ORS - Where did they go??

bigacuralvr
02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Now that I decide to do the 3.4 swap, sourcve an angine, and get the wife sold on the whole idea....they now say they are out of business!! WTF?

Does anyone know if I can still get a 3.4L conversion kit, harness and all??

Help me!!

Brett

RedRunnertc
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Was talking to Jacob the other day, and he has been working with Mike to sell them.
http://www.toycrawlers.com/

... or Brian (thefatkid) might be able to help out.

mrdoug
02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I am kind of in the same position as you. I've been planning/saving for a swap, then got the news that ORS was going out of business. After a ton of research I found that most of the ORS kit was a collection of parts that I can source myself. There's only a few things in that kit that ORS actually made. I'm not degrading the kit as having them do the work of collecting all the stuff has some value.

The major items that are going to be difficult without ORS is the wiring harness, cross over pipe and motor mounts. The motor mounts you might not need if you're swapping from a 3.0 (I happened to pick up a set before they closed their doors), there is help for the wiring harness from theFatKid and/or Jakob as troy mentioned (some have figured out how to do it themselves) and a write up or 2 on how to rebuild the crossover pipe.

It can still be done, it's just a tad more difficult now.

bigacuralvr
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
You're in Loveland?? I live in Evans, but work in Loveland - I'm sure we've seen each other. I have the 94 Burgandy 4Runner with the 6-hole M/T wheels.

Do you happen to have a full list of parts that I could order from 1sttoy, or elsewhere??

I am in the same boat - I WILL NOT do the wiring myself. It's semi-ironic, beings I am a Master MECP automoive installer for profession, but I just don't want to attempt it. I've tried with a few AllTracs and failed. :(

Thanks for the info guys - let me know any other info if you all have it.

Brett

mrdoug
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I might have seen you, not really sure.

As for the full parts list, no, I don't have a _full_ list yet (with all the part numbers for everything that came in the ORS kits). Where I'm at, I've listed out all the big things that I need to acquire (alt, evap stuff, oil pan, etc). That list is pretty much exactly what ORS has in their online doc's.

After I gather all that and get the 3.4, then I'll start focusing on the little stuff like brackets, hydro lines, etc that used to come in the kits.

You're swapping from a 3.0 to 3.4 right?

bigacuralvr
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
You're swapping from a 3.0 to 3.4 right?

Yes, from a very tired and loud 3.slow to a 3.4. My 3.0 has bad valves (either bent or very very farout of adjustment). I just miss my 3.4 from my 99 Limited SC'd Runner.

Brett

RedRunnertc
02-10-2009, 03:54 PM
The technical articles are still up on their website.

Yotatech has a section dedicated to 3.4L swaps