: Power off timer?

taugust
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know how to tap into the circuit that has power after the key is removed (like the interior and headlights)? I would like to have power without the key for some things but I like the power-off battery saver feature. I have done the full time power outlet mod. Can the power outlets be modified to cut out after 30min?

Thanks

nilson
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Probably the quickest and easiest thing to do would be to run a new hot wire to the battery and you will need to find a 12V DC timer to throw in the circuit. Put a fuse block on that and then you can have a new set of timed circuits.

absolut taco
06-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Man, I would love it if the damn headlights would shut off when I turned the key off. I love my DRLs but I shouldn't have to open the door or hit the light switch to keep from draining the battery if I wanna remain in the vehicle.

nilson
06-30-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah... I cant think of a reason why the headlights need to remain on without a key in the ignition... if you want your lights to shine on something you should be close enough to the truck to have the key in it

TRD SyRuP
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
i love the door open light off feature..