: March 2009 Event

MonkeyProof
03-02-2009, 11:09 PM
who has the details?

sparky
03-03-2009, 03:33 AM
Hell, I'll just shout out a date. . . . . . 3/27 through 3/29. Some peeps got beat up at Calico and need the whole month to repair. So, that seems like the best date. I can't be of any assistance on this run due to the fact that I've never been there before. Do we want to set up a base camp and shoot to and fro? Or do we want to expo it and camp at a different spot each night? Are two nights enough or should we think about friday through monday? I think we should think about a potluck for the dinners. Maybe make a list of stuff that we'd like and have the attending members volunteer accordingly. Just throwing out suggestions. First thing's first, though. We all need to decide on a date . . . . . . . .and fast.

navy_sr5
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Dates work for me. I am not so sure about a Monday venture. I like the Idea of a base camp, less work on moving stuff around. Don't forget to make it legit a so cal ttora official has to be present.

Votes for March 27-29 : Sparky, navy_sr5

SiRMarlon
03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
THose dates work for us...

pray4surf
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Well.... the initial plan was to camp in different locations each night. This way we could cover more ground during the weekend. We'd publish each nights campsite locations so those that wanted to run only a single day can choose the day that best fits them. One complaint about camping in Truckhaven was the distance needed to travel to get to some of the further trails. Hence the reasoning behind an 'overland' type of event.

As for needing an SoCal TTORA staff member to make this an 'official' run - I'll designate whomever wants to be a staff member - though I am planning on being in attendance.

I understand that some desire the run to be at the end of the month (To allow for repairs, etc.) and others that wish the run to be held earlier in the month. Such is the conundrum of the office of president ;)

This coming weekend is the Tierra Del Sol event and for those seeking an early month run should take full advantage and attend. If I'm not mistaken, AllPro has offered to lead a TTORA run this weekend. Click the link below for more information

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124231

I'm partial to a mid-month or later date. But we need to publicize 'something', and I'd like to elicit suggestions from you....

Rick

Ebruddah
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Well.... the initial plan was to camp in different locations each night. This way we could cover more ground during the weekend. We'd publish each nights campsite locations so those that wanted to run only a single day can choose the day that best fits them. One complaint about camping in Truckhaven was the distance needed to travel to get to some of the further trails. Hence the reasoning behind an 'overland' type of event.

As for needing an SoCal TTORA staff member to make this an 'official' run - I'll designate whomever wants to be a staff member - though I am planning on being in attendance.

I understand that some desire the run to be at the end of the month (To allow for repairs, etc.) and others that wish the run to be held earlier in the month. Such is the conundrum of the office of president ;)

This coming weekend is the Tierra Del Sol event and for those seeking an early month run should take full advantage and attend. If I'm not mistaken, AllPro has offered to lead a TTORA run this weekend. Click the link below for more information

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124231

I'm partial to a mid-month or later date. But we need to publicize 'something', and I'd like to elicit suggestions from you....

Rick

I've got the expedition track all mapped out. I'm thinking 3/20-3/22 I will start on 3/19 night at Truckhaven and will be in Anza on 3/20 night after running Cross-Over road from Truckhaven to the Gas Domes and then over to the Slot. That's going to be my Friday day run. Then on Saturday head over to Smuggler's Cave and Table Mountain area. I have more details for everyone but I need to quit fucking around here at work. :D This is going to be a good one!

Anyone in TTORA interested in Mojave Road on any weekend except Easter?

BASEjumper
03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I will not be able to attend if it is on the 28th. The 21st gets my vote. Also, taking requests for T-shirts and sweatshirts. I need this info ASAP so I can place an order so we can have it by the 21st.

MonkeyProof
03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
21st gets my vote as well, thats my long weekend off haha!!!:D

Ebruddah
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I will not be able to attend if it is on the 28th. The 21st gets my vote. Also, taking requests for T-shirts and sweatshirts. I need this info ASAP so I can place an order so we can have it by the 21st.

1) Ebruddah - (Defintiely not cornflaking since I have the expedition track planned out and I need to make up for my last time out in Anza)
2)BaseJumper
3) MonkeyProof

T100Eric
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Put me in as a maybe, just depends on how my school schedule works out.

pray4surf
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I've got the expedition track all mapped out. I'm thinking 3/20-3/22 I will start on 3/19 night at Truckhaven and will be in Anza on 3/20 night after running Cross-Over road from Truckhaven to the Gas Domes and then over to the Slot. That's going to be my Friday day run. Then on Saturday head over to Smuggler's Cave and Table Mountain area. I have more details for everyone but I need to quit fucking around here at work. :D This is going to be a good one!

Anyone in TTORA interested in Mojave Road on any weekend except Easter?

I'm looking forward to seeing the final details... Let me know how I can help you!

You've already gotten my T/sweatshirt order. See you out there!

21st gets my vote as well, thats my long weekend off haha!!!:D

Mine too (got Monday off) Course over a 3 week period of time I get a Friday off, a Monday off, then pick one of Tues-Thurs day for the 3rd week. Then the cycle repeats itself...

1) Ebruddah - (Defintiely not cornflaking since I have the expedition track planned out and I need to make up for my last time out in Anza)
2)BaseJumper
3) MonkeyProof

Adding pray4surf to the list below....

Put me in as a maybe, just depends on how my school schedule works out.

Hope you can make it!

1. Ebruddah
2. BASEjumper
3. MonkeyProof
4. pray4surf

BASEjumper
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
OK, so is the official date gonna be the weekend of 3/21-22? If so, I should be able to make it out there Fri night... and BRING FIREWOOD.

vistataco
03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I think I will skip the expedition style trip as I am not sure if I will have my truck back yet. Maybe i will go out there in a couple of weeks for the day in the Tundra for a little fun.

pray4surf
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
OK, so is the official date gonna be the weekend of 3/21-22? If so, I should be able to make it out there Fri night... and BRING FIREWOOD.

No one has spoken to argue for another day. I do realize that not everyone has had a chance to speak up. But that weekend works best for me, and the majority that have spoken.

Remember if you camp in the Anza Borrego, fires must be in metal containers. Truckhaven is not considered part of the park.

Camp at least 100 feet away from water.
Bring a metal container to hold your fire. Fires built on the ground are NOT permitted and violators wll be cited.
Park on the side of the road, so others may pass, but DO NOT trample vegetation or drive over geological formations.
Keep a clean camp. Take your trash home with you.
- source Back Country Camping (http://www.desertusa.com/anza_borrego/du_abp_camp.html)

I think I will skip the expedition style trip as I am not sure if I will have my truck back yet. Maybe i will go out there in a couple of weeks for the day in the Tundra for a little fun.

I'm hoping that each days planned runs will be posted along with each evenings campsite. This way, one would not necessarily have to do the entire weekend, but can pick a day. Allows those that wish to make a full weekend out of it can and those looking for a day run can hook-up with us at a predetermined time and location..... (wishful thinking?)

Scuba
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
ERbuddah, In response to your comment in the other thread, Ill actually already be out there due to a ultimateyota run that fell through, But i have the weekend off so im heading out anyway..

Ebruddah
03-04-2009, 12:28 AM
ERbuddah, In response to your comment in the other thread, Ill actually already be out there due to a ultimateyota run that fell through, But i have the weekend off so im heading out anyway..

Whatever's clever... :D

sparky
03-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm a go for the weekend of the 21st. Add me in. I need to know if this date is "set in stone" before this friday. I need to get any time off from work approved 2 weeks in advance. Anybody have access to the metal containers mentioned above for our campfires?

roastbeef
03-04-2009, 01:14 AM
the weekend of the 21st can work for me, but can we please nail down this date so i can put in for time off of work?

can a nissan come to an "official" event?

sparky
03-04-2009, 01:45 AM
the weekend of the 21st can work for me, but can we please nail down this date so i can put in for time off of work?

can a nissan come to an "official" event?

I think club rules dictate you set your camp up a minimum 50 ft. away from ours and you have to shout "I love what you do for me. Toyota!" on command.

Seriously, though. I don't think anybody's gonna have an issue with it.

dtrujillo63
03-04-2009, 01:53 AM
The 20-22th work for me as well. Ed, you do plan to pre-run anza before these dates? I'm game for a Mojave Road trip as well, as long as we get a few trucks going.

Frank, don't bring too much firewood... we don't want you falling in the fire again :rofl2:.

roastbeef
03-04-2009, 02:01 AM
I think club rules dictate you set your camp up a minimum 50 ft. away from ours and you have to shout "I love what you do for me. Toyota!" on command.

Seriously, though. I don't think anybody's gonna have an issue with it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: haha. youre right, toyotas make great rti ramps. joking!:)

edit: i'm really excited, i haven't been out there in almost two years.

Ebruddah
03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
The 20-22th work for me as well. Ed, you do plan to pre-run anza before these dates? I'm game for a Mojave Road trip as well, as long as we get a few trucks going.

Frank, don't bring too much firewood... we don't want you falling in the fire again :rofl2:.

I'm game to pre-run... Since we're probably going to be doing a SCTTORA Mojave Road Run anyways. It would probably me you and Brandon fo sho if it does happen. If we do the pre run I want to keep it at 4-5 rigs max. Just because I may need to get some exploration done on the side in case my original itinerary require any alterations.

Ebruddah
03-04-2009, 02:49 AM

can a nissan come to an "official" event?:D

I could put my differences aside if he brings extra brews for everyone...

roastbeef
03-04-2009, 05:39 PM
hope you guys like pabst.

3jooom
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Ebruddah..
I am getting intersted in the Mojave road trip thing. If you could give me more details if you dont mind

diablo_alex2777
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Ebruddah..
I am getting intersted in the Mojave road trip thing. If you could give me more details if you dont mind

x2.

john0087
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm in for Anza weekend of March 20th

I know its early, but anyone know if there will be a prerunner/stock 4x4 run? I'd like to take the wife on this one, but she's doesn't have the stomache for anything like Calico.

If not, I'll camp solo....

Laters,

John

d33pt
03-07-2009, 01:42 AM
so far i'm clear to go. sleepyratt too. we're going sat to sunday.

sparky
03-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Talked to my supervisor today and wasn't able to get friday off. I'll join up friday night and to camp out. Is there cell phone service out there? Is there a number I could get from a member camping fri. night? Ya know. . . . so I could get an exact location of the campsite that night when I get closer.

roastbeef
03-07-2009, 03:20 PM
any info on the trails we will be running?

MERCER FABRICATION
03-07-2009, 03:41 PM
whats the plan? where at in anza?its a big place. is anyone running pinion? im kid of unclear as to what the plan is. i read expedition. but where to/from?

BASEjumper
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Mike... cell phone #'s is anexcellent idea. I have no idea what service is like, but you, or anyone else can try me at 714-878-2070. I plan on getting there Fri night.

roastbeef
03-08-2009, 06:30 AM
have we nailed down a meeting place and time? i'm not sure how you guys coordinate it... like if there are trail leaders and they are sorting it out in pm's. in the past, i have set a time and met with people at the nature/welcome center. good opportunity to pick up a map of the park as well.

i'm coming from huntington beach. anyone want to convoy? my truck is heavy and slow.

pray4surf
03-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Tomorrow (Monday) is when ebruddah is supposed to post up the details. I'm as anxious as anyone else :)

Rick

roastbeef
03-08-2009, 07:47 AM
oh, i see. i'm very very excite! (borat voice)

i'm filling out the time off slip right now...

roastbeef
03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
one more thing, i don't mean to be a buzz kill, but in another thread they were discussing leaving the blunts at home. i couldn't care less what you guys do at home, but i'm in law enforcement and it really puts me in a tough spot to be around that stuff. i'll bring extra brews if you guys leave it at home. yea?

MonkeyProof
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
one more thing, i don't mean to be a buzz kill, but in another thread they were discussing leaving the blunts at home. i couldn't care less what you guys do at home, but i'm in law enforcement and it really puts me in a tough spot to be around that stuff. i'll bring extra brews if you guys leave it at home. yea?

just bring a few cords of wood haha

Ebruddah
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
just bring a few cords of wood haha

Definitely bring the wood... We'll burn that for sure.

MERCER FABRICATION
03-09-2009, 12:00 AM

so no full auto AR's either? damnit...

sparky
03-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Mike... cell phone #'s is anexcellent idea. I have no idea what service is like, but you, or anyone else can try me at 714-878-2070. I plan on getting there Fri night.

Is that just a tentative plan or is it concrete?

Ebruddah
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
whats the plan? where at in anza?its a big place. is anyone running pinion? im kid of unclear as to what the plan is. i read expedition. but where to/from?

Yes, it's a big park and we're running it expedition style this time. This is the first time we're running it this way so it's going to be a little tricky. No on is running Pinyon since it's a commonly visited place. We're going to be running a few of the rarer places as well as the common ones that get skipped. So none of the places that were run during the last AB run will be visited. The plan is to camp at a different spot every night. 1st night will be on S2 by the Cross Over Road and the 2nd night will be near the Carrizo Train Trestle, etc. The details will be up soon and they are still tentative. This is the club's run and your inuput as well as others would be greatly appreciated when the plan is released. Like I said I'm trying to hit the spots that others and myself haven't been to. All of the runs are pretty moderate with some difficulty. I'm open to a having a 3rd option on Saturday if some folks want to run Pinyon then meet up with the main group at Coyote Canyon for the night.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1560471#post1560471

pelon17
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Hello my name is Brian,
I'm a new memeber and have never run Anza. Will there be a meeting place and time? Need anything else besides fire wood and beer, both of which are essentials to desert wheelin'. BTW home base for me is Westminster, ca.

Jungleriddum
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM

For the record, there is such thing as a "legal" blunt. This IS california, I hope you are doing your law enforcement duty and not just assuming everyone is doing it illegally.

/remove soapbox

pray4surf
03-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello my name is Brian,
I'm a new memeber and have never run Anza. Will there be a meeting place and time? Need anything else besides fire wood and beer, both of which are essentials to desert wheelin'. BTW home base for me is Westminster, ca.

Hello and welcome Brian.

See this thread for the run specifics...
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126559

DennisDawg
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
For the record, there is such thing as a "legal" blunt. This IS california, I hope you are doing your law enforcement duty and not just assuming everyone is doing it illegally.

/remove soapbox

That one is kinda’ up for grabs I think. Many police departments interpret ‘the Compassionate Use Act as protecting medical marijuana recipients from prosecution, not arrest.’ There are court cases in the system to refine and define all this, but it is not hard and fast.

And, Prop 214 (and SB 240) run contrary to Federal Law, so certainly in a National Park like SBNF or along the boarder one could easily run into trouble.

Marijuana has no place in camp, and not at all on the trails.

However, I have never seen it used at a TTORA event. So this should not be an issue.

Jungleriddum
03-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Please dont take that as me justifying it on the trails or in parks. I just want to help people get away from the mindset that its evil and everyone is doing it cause they want to get high and all that. As with anything it should always be used responsibly. My concern is with law enforcement stepping outside state laws and using the "moral authority" to enforce federal laws. Its going to be legal soon in CA and the sooner the law dogs accept it, the sooner CA can reap the tax benefits. So yeah, dont smoke and drive EVER! But always fight for your rights! No more on this topic from me, I promise :)

DennisDawg
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
I do not look at marijuana as evil (but I can understand those who do), but it is illegal for the most part and has no place in camp (today) for these types of events or on the trails.

I have zero issue with law enforcement enforcing any law. That is what they do. If I were a cop, I’d not want people smoking it around me, or doing anything illegal around me. They have a job, families to feed and all that that makes that impossible for them. That should be respected and I think that is all roastbeef really presented.

And again, to be clear, I have never seen it as part of a TTORA event so it is not an issue.

Folks should just pack their gear and go have a nice time in Anza Borrego. It is a wonderful place.

roastbeef
03-11-2009, 03:58 AM
i'm not here to discuss politics. i just want to go to the desert, talk trucks, have a few beers while roasting some sausages, and meet some cool people. i'm not going to judge anybody, i just want to have a great, worry free time.

i don't care what others do at home. i was simply asking to leave the mj at home.

Ackerlight
03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I seriously don't know if I am going to be able to make this run. I just got back in town from Arkansas this week and I don't know if I will have all the repair work and things done on my rig to have it trail worthy before the 20th. I will see what I can do though.

-Brian

MonkeyProof
03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I seriously don't know if I am going to be able to make this run. I just got back in town from Arkansas this week and I don't know if I will have all the repair work and things done on my rig to have it trail worthy before the 20th. I will see what I can do though.

-Brian

if you need help with anything hit me up, maybe i can help!!