TTORA Forum banner

Another 'NEW' Fj62. Must be in the air!!

10K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  TEJASYOTA 
#1 ·
I found my 'unicorn'! 1990 Landcruiser. Didn't think they were out there to be had any more. I flew out from Las Vegas to Huntington Beach as soon as I saw this. Been looking for a looooong time! I LOVE the manual windows and door locks!!! The 4Runner now lives in Montana. Guy flew out to buy mine!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Dayum!!! I think that one takes the cake! Nice find you dirty bastard :D

That thing looks like its been sitting under a car cover since the 90's.

#3 ·
WOW that is an awesome find. I bet you payed a pretty penny for that thing.

#7 ·
Did I pay too much? Yup! Not too bad though I thought. $7700. Of course it was at a dealer so I had to pay taxes but I could not let it get away. It does have 211K on it, but it's a Toyota! It is in fact the original paint, original interior. The only thing I don't like are the 235 75R15 tires. Easy fix though! I am stoked!!!

#6 ·
Hell I use to have an '88 and I never knew you could get manual windows and shit on the 62's...Too bad that didn't offer a manual trans...

#9 ·
I researched and it's factory. Had to special order it, but it's direct from the factory. I dunno, I think it fits the vehicle perfectly! I was just thinking, it's refreshing to be in a grossly less techie car. My wife's Lexus is a computer on wheels and my Yukon is just a big man diaper! :rolleyes:

#12 ·
I'm just now starting to learn the 3FE. I barely know anything!

I do know that there is NOTHING on this engine that is easy to get to to work on or troubleshoot! :banghead:

#14 ·
Make sure you look into the oil galley plug fix. Do some research on it. It prevents the motor from blowing up.

#18 ·
You know, I'm not sure really what I'm going to do with it. :rolleyes: I'm torn between leaving well enough alone minus some stereo upgrades and tires, or maybe lifting her a bit. I'm set on the OME lift minus the price. :) I think for now, I may throw on some 33 10.5 R15 tires and see how she goes. I may just throw on some AALs or maybe some shackles. I don't plan on wheeling this one too hard to be honest. It's more for taking the fam and pup dogs out.

I do know this, in the future, I will be doing an engine and tranny transplant, but that is YEARS away. I'd like to find a doner 6.0 Tahoe or Yukon with the 6spd auto. They just came out, so I have to wait a bit! :cool:

#20 ·
There was an 84 FJ60 for sale here in Las Vegas with 56,000 original miles. I took it out for a spin, but didn't bite. No rust or anything, but I noticed that everything that would wear out, was either leaking or dried out. The paint was in big time need of a good buffing. Not sure if someone is looking for this, but it's on craigslist.

#22 ·
looks really clean man.

#23 ·
How do you post a picture in a pdf file? I want to show you all my old FJ62

#29 ·
Man I love the look of your FJ62.
Congrats on the find!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.