: tcase bearings

Gamer
03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I didn't quite the know the correct place for this so thought I'd throw it here.

Just picked up some gear drive cases. One was attached to a transmission so the bearings turn smooth. The second case was sitting in a warehouse and input bearings have been exposed for a while. They drag so I need to replace them. I have seen the rebuild kits but don't have the cash to throw out for it. Does anyone know a generic part number for just the input bearing and the one below the input? Can I run to advanced auto parts or a parts store and grab them?

Thanks

Mr Tacomi
03-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I didn't quite the know the correct place for this so thought I'd throw it here.

Just picked up some gear drive cases. One was attached to a transmission so the bearings turn smooth. The second case was sitting in a warehouse and input bearings have been exposed for a while. They drag so I need to replace them. I have seen the rebuild kits but don't have the cash to throw out for it. Does anyone know a generic part number for just the input bearing and the one below the input? Can I run to advanced auto parts or a parts store and grab them?

Thanks

There is probably some resource that will have the bearing part # available, but it is also physically readable on the bearing itself. Some parts stores may be able to order it-dealership as well, but you might have the best luck at an industrial bearing house-look under bearings in Yellow pages, give them the # from off of the bearing and they will find a source (Koyo is probably OE).

Gamer
03-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Eh, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the basic rebuild kit for the one case. If I can find the bearings, I'll put replace them on the other case.

I don't understand why they don't make a rebuild kit for a dual case set up. It seems a little ridiculous to buy a complete rebuild kit when half the case in not even used. Some one should make a rebuild kit that includes one complete kit and the necessary parts for the reduction case. Sometimes I wonder about some of these marketing plans.