: Look at what I just ordered!

Bear
03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.turnoverball.com/turnover.asp

:kewl:

Bear
03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
it's going to be attached to this:

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/Bear4x4/7158985046335-2008-Open-Trailer-Dia.jpg

2008 Thorton Welding made trailer out of Bloomington. specs on it are:

20.5 ft in x 79 inchs
tandem 4000lb axles
torsion bar suspension
electric drum brakes
automatic retracting trailer support
diamond plate decking.

I will be modifying it immediately (as my wife says, it wouldn't be mine if I didn't modify it) by adding 8 inches overall to to the width and converting fenders to be "drive overs"

The trailer is long enough that I will be building a trailer "cabinet" in the front as well as possibly adding a tent platform to the tongue. (unlikely but a cool idea)

the toyota is sure going to love pulling the ford with this! ;)

Photo credit:Seller of trailer

at no time was any animal harmed in the photography process!

brendog84cj8
03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
What truck is that gooseneck hitch going to be installed on?

Bear
03-13-2009, 12:08 PM
ha ha! "Already flies sticking to the web"

The gooseneck is going in the Ford F250 powerstroke.

It would be rather heavy to pull the ford and trailer with the tacoma. ;)

Bear
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Got some awesome customer service from an RV company in Tennessee called Tweety's (found on the internet from search)

I ordered the B&W gooseneck Hitch on Friday, and with free ground delivery, the hitch kit arrived yesterday. Tweety's had the hitch dropped shipped from Elkhart so that it would arrive quick.

I got home from work, and the "infamous" Lonny and I started installing as soon as I called him to help figure out how to drop the spare on the stroker (IF you think dropping a spare in a tacoma is a pain, try doing it with a ford with a similar type spare carrier but has a special key on the crank rod, which is hidden in the glove box that is not mentioned anywhere in the owners manual)

Started the install about 7:30 pm and by 11:30, the hitch was installed minus the safety chain hooks (finished today)

Can't say it was the easiest piece of equipment I have ever installed, but I am extremely happy with the results. Scary though to start installing when the first step is to cut a 4" hole in the center of your bed. NO turning back as soon as you start!

If anyone ever wants to convert their full size trucks into a goose neck tower, the typical cost of $100+ for labor is probably not a bad idea. But if you are ambious, the install was actually kinda fun!

Now if I could just get the taco to cooperate as the hitch did, it would truly become a bonified trailer queen! the tow rig is ready!

Mr Tacomi
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Bear- I'm glad it was decided that you weren't gonna get a gooseneck. :D

Nice Trailer! You'll enjoy pulling with the 'Stroke'; You'll wonder how it is possible to tow 7000 lbs and have more power than the vehicle on the trailer!

Enjoy!

-Mark

P.S. Keep the turnover ball lubed... it only takes several hours to remove a rusted-in-place one!

Bear
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Yea! I am also glad I decided "not" to go with a gooseneck :rolleyes:;)

I already smeared anti seize around the receiver, and plan to change that over to marine grease once I replinish my stock. ( I guess I use a lot of it to keep things moving nicely here in the cold Midwest and ran out)

Oh! the best part about deciding on the gooseneck, my wife absolutely loves the idea of the gooseneck vs. a tag alongs. I guess I am lucky as she personally thinks goosenecks are "safer" to pull over tag alongs.

NwiTACO
03-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Looks like you just need to get the Tcao running now! :kewl:

Bear
03-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Looks like you just need to get the Tcao running now! :kewl:

DEFINITELY!!!!! If the weather holds out today. plans are to remove the TMC box and compression test