: Paint hood or cover with colgan bra

SandyUT
07-02-2005, 06:33 PM
ok, so my '04 X-Cab came with 2 repairs on the hood paint. Saddly they are right in view while driving so they are a constant irritant - So I bought some touch up paint, green and clear, some 600 grit wet paper and sanded it down, painted, sanded smooth and clear coated. It looks just about as bad as when I started. :mad: Smoother, but still obvious to my eyes that go straight there.

So, have the hood repainted or buy a bra and cover it up? The bra is about $100, the paint is at least twice that much. My concern about the paint is I have had bad luck with painters and ever paint job I have had stated to fade or oxidize and look worse that the original issue.

The bra I am looking at is attached.

So what are your thoughts on this delema?

Rob
07-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Do not put a bra on your truck.

themariachi
07-02-2005, 09:10 PM
just paint it...no bra...are you mad???

StemsCornfedTaco
07-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Paint your hood, if you put one of those stupid bras on your truck it just makes your hood 2 different shades of your paint if you ever take it off your truck.

SandyUT
07-03-2005, 12:12 AM
There is a clear concensus.

Any ideas on what it may cost to have the hood painted?

zosimov21
07-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Have you tried Maaco or other collison shop to see if they can give you and estimate? It maybe cheaper if all you need is the hood, to just take it to them. It might save a few $$ on labor to get it off and back on again or tape up everything but the hood.

flyingwil
07-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Have you tried Maaco or other collison shop to see if they can give you and estimate? It maybe cheaper if all you need is the hood, to just take it to them. It might save a few $$ on labor to get it off and back on again or tape up everything but the hood.

I second this... I bet you could get the Maaco El-Cheapy and it would do fine. They did my wife's Eclipse about 3 years ago and it is still fine. Bra's are for chicks, not trucks! Shop around and discuss your concerns about fading and oxadizing, maybe you can get a good deal or a limited warranty.

StemsCornfedTaco
07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
There is a clear concensus.

Any ideas on what it may cost to have the hood painted?

If there isnt any dents in it or nothing major wrong with it, your lookin at probably around 200-300 bucks.

SandyUT
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
it is straight as can be. Just the paint is F'ed up. 200-300 I should able to swing sometime this summer. I was expecting it to be more.

TacoDell
07-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I've spent a lot of time trying to remove Bra's... But putting one on should be considered a sin!!! LOL

Tacoma Jake
07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Have you guys ever seen seinfeld? They should make a BRO for trucks! :D A bra on a truck=no dice!