TTORA Forum banner

1992 FJ80 Radiator R&R

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  colsoncj 
#1 ·
Anybody replaced a radiator in a FJ80 Landcruiser. My bro blew his yesterday and wants me to help him. Never done a cruiser so I am looking for advice/shortcuts/unexpected issues that I might find.

#4 ·
easy. remove grille (5 screws, 1 snap). Remove battery and pull wires out of inserts in box. Remove battery box (5 bolts???). Remove radiator overflow (pull straight up and undo hose). Loosen upper bolts for condenser (two at the front for the brackets.) That will allow you to move the condenser slightly from side to side to remove the top two nuts for the radiator (need a deep 12mm and a couple woble extensions for 3/8"). The drain, undo all hoses. loosen belts, undo radiator fan. Finally remove lower brackets (two bolts on radiator i think you can leave, just undo the single vertical bolt at the bottom. should be able to slide the radiator, fan, and shroud out the top.

That should be close enough to get ya goin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.