: Little help with the front diff

MrZuhalter
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
So it's been a long while since I posted on here but I finally found a front diff with 4.10 gears that I can swap into my taco. Sad news is after trying twice I have come to the conclusion that I have spent far to long away from a wrench, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the axles out and d/c'd let alone get the diff out to put the new one in. Also the diff I got came off a truck with ADD and I have manual hubs, I trusted the guy who sold it to me who said all I have to do is replace the ADD unit with the pipe of my diff, but I don't have a inverted torx socket to get the bolts off. If any of you has experience with this I would love some help, there is a case of beer in it for ya and all you'd have to do is come hang out and give orders.

Looking forward to being able to come play again this summer, it's been far too long.

Josh

RedRunnertc
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I have the female torx sockets

mrdoug
04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
You can buy the socket extension for the torx bits at Autozone or the like. It's somewhat cheep and seems to have held up good.

I go experience doing what your trying to do tho... Good luck.

Sucka
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM

:eek:

AxleIke
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
You can buy the socket extension for the torx bits at Autozone or the like. It's somewhat cheep and seems to have held up good.

Duuuuude...Been hitting the sauce a bit? Close to english there...good try.

RedRunnertc
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Old man is sundowning a bit ... give him a break. (after you google what sundowning is)

Sucka
04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Old man is sundowning a bit ... give him a break. (after you google what sundowning is)

:lmao:

ike
04-03-2009, 04:47 AM
:rofl:

CoTacoTRD
04-03-2009, 05:05 AM
X2:rofl::rofl:

mrdoug
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Heh.. it took me about 20 min to type that out (had to close one eye to focus on the keys).. you caught me drunk posting

I was trying to say "I got no experience doing what you're trying to do. Good Luck!"

ike
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Dont know, but with your posts lately i would be calling the lasik center for a refund!

MrZuhalter
04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
So can I borrow you and your female torx bits for an afternoon? I can come to you or you can come to Boulder. I have all the tools except those bits but I would hazard a guess that you probably do to. Sun Mon works best for me as I have both days all day off but I could probably work a different day if needed. I'd like to meet the new prez as well, last time I wheeled with you guys Chris was prez, then driftinco after that. Man it's been too long. Thanks for the help, I look forwaed to hearing back from ya.

Josh

fjcruzer
04-06-2009, 09:21 PM
So can I borrow you and your female bits for an afternoon?

Better be careful what you ask for... :2cents:

:D

RedRunnertc
04-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Sure! I'll PM the addy

MrZuhalter
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Better be careful what you ask for... :2cents:

:D
I can't see how that could possibly be interpreted in any way other than how it was intended, unless of course your mind lives in a gutter.

colorado125
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I can't see how that could possibly be interpreted in any way other than how it was intended, unless of course your mind lives in a gutter.

Does that suprise you here? :lmao:

devinsixtyseven
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the gutter.

Are you sure it's sundowning? I thought that described a degenerating mental state, as opposed to simply being a degenerate.

If that's not the case, I'm sundowning 24/7, in addition to being a lesbian. :rofl: