: InTTORA Image Gallery

Fuod
04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
I've been working on gettting an Image Gallery working on InTTORA.org for a while now and I've had some roadblocks because of the services available from our host (services depend on amount paid).

I've finally found a gallery that works fine and has more features then I could possibly test myself in a short amount of time. I would like to get this tested and working the way we would like by the end of the weekend so the guys going to Harlan can use it when they get back. Sorry for the short notice!

I've never used this package before, so I'm going to need as much help from you that you can give me. Like I said above, there are a shit load of options!

First off, Guests should only have view access! I don't see any reason why a guest should be able to add/edit/delete images for our club!

I also set up the registration where it must be approved by an admin (me as of now), so once you sign up you will have to wait for me to approve you (I get an email notice when someone registers) and you will get an email notice once you are approved (watch your spam folder just in case). I did this because once again I don't see any reason for just anyone to have full access to our image database.

I have set up a "RedBird" directory that I've uploaded my pics to. The upload is weird, you can do it via a web browser (one at time) or via an "Upload Applet" that will let you upload all images at the same time. There are a couple other options, but I haven't played with them yet. If you do let me know if they work! Btw, there seems to be a 2mb limit on images.

I also created some "Test" albums that you are welcome to do whatever you want to!

Please play with this and help me figure it all out, I don't have the time to try everything on it! If you mess something up, oh well... We'll fix it later. I just would really like to get it the way we want it by the end of the weekend!

And finally, the link! :D

http://www.inttora.org/gallery

Thanks guys!

Bear
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
looks good. what are the selling points vs. photobucket?

Fuod
04-07-2009, 09:00 PM
looks good. what are the selling points vs. photobucket?

Hmm.. Well...

The images are on our own server
We remain owners of our photos, not photobucket
Makes creating photo galleries, or anything else web related a million times easier
Allow members to have their own personal galleries
Visitors can browse images easier
Uhm, stuff and junk
Cuz Dallas told me to do it
And many many other reasons that my medication wont let me think of right now. :D
If you don't like it, no worries. It was just something I was playing with.

gtrotter
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
You been talking to Dallas again?

Bear
04-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I never said not to run with it, I was just yanking the chain a bit to get some answers.

now that you have started the project, you can now transfer all the images from photobucket over and link the images from the website. :D

Fuod
04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I never said not to run with it, I was just yanking the chain a bit to get some answers.

now that you have started the project, you can now transfer all the images from photobucket over and link the images from the website. :D

WTF was I thinking! :banghead:

I'll think about it