: The better part of InTTORA

Bear
04-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Although we are all here because we share an interest and enjoyment of both offroading and the Toyota brand. Let's face it, For the most part we are all able to enjoy these things because of our "better halves"

Whether you are married, or in a serious relationship, these "better halves" put up with all our obsessing, money spending, and weekends alone while we are either wrenching or wheel'n.

This thread is all about them! Without our wives and girl friends let's admit it, we would be S.O.L in more ways than I care to imagine.

If you have spent any amount of time around me, you know my better half, my wife Pam. Often known as Momma Bear. ( a named she adopted whole heartedly by merely marrying me and wanting to be a part of TTORA while also wanting everyone to know she was my wife at the same time)

She always dives in head first with anything involving the truck club or even my truck. She was the deciding factor for me even becoming involved in the club in the first place back in '99. I would have never gone on the first TTORA run I did, if it wasn't for her pushing me in preparing my truck and supporting all the modifications done to the piece of junk.

She is always there to lend a hand in club activities, in organizing and like I said with both moral, and physical support.

I know Everyone has their own "momma Bear" and for that we should all say a little thank you to each and every one of them.

I am just sorry I can't name them all by name, but they are the real heart and souls of InTTORA. It may not be mother's day or one collective birthday.
But how does everyone feel about trying to have our own little InTTORA female appreciation and celebration day? Make an annual InTTORA holiday so to speak?

And for all our bachelor's unattached, you are not excluded either, you have support whether you realize it or not, so your participation in all this is also welcome and needed. After all there will be a day when you find yourself torn between buying that set of tires, or spending the money on your own "better half"

Ideas, discussion? the floor is open!

gtrotter
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm a bachelor! :D I think I will be staying single for quite some time.

Bear
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Kill joy!

All I got to say is when you least expect it…expect it! this is the second go round for me and I was not looking when I got blind sided!

The most important part of this thread is the fact that we as group need to be thankful for our supportive better halves. and if you are currently single, that is fine also, but for the most part I think most of the group is "attached" in some form or fashion and need to recognize the ones enabling us to enjoy our "fun"

in the other chapter I was part of, we actually had members that had to ask for permission to join in on runs. and it was hit or miss that they actually were able to go.

Just this weekend in Harlan, a member from another chapter had planned to run with us most of the weekend, but on Saturday morning, he left by 8 am because he was expected back home for a function the girl friend had arranged, even knowing the member was planning on running all weekend long.

NwiTACO
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I really can't say enough good about my gf. All who were with this weekend now why. Not only did she not complain once while we were sitting around wrenching, but constantly fed me and the group.

She had initially planned on coming to Harlan, but couldn't get the vacation. She managed to rearrange her schedule 4 days before the trip to work overnights up until the morning we left.

As most of you know she has a 2008 Jeep JK. I'm not the happiest about this, but she insisted she would never wheel it. After experienceing harlan, I have now been booked to build sliders and tube doors, as well as lifting her JK this weekend. She says I can't get it done fast enough because all she wants to do is wheel. She even said she will get a beater to drive so I can drive her Jeep, and we can start some "real" projects for my truck :D

Then to my surprise what does she do...buys me a bumper the day we are leaving Harlan so we can take it home with us! Not just any bumper, a high clearance wrap around bumper, for my birthday which is months away! She really is the best!

Then today she bought a giant bag to put the tube doors in, she really never stops spoiling me :D

She's in for the Badlandz Run, and coming to Wellsville with me and the Ohio chapter as well...

So.....

I guess my answer is I'm down for it Bear!

Bear
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Yea, I say you and I are both lucky! J impressed me all weekend, and was great with cub#3

which by the way, so were you, so thank you both, once again!

brinner
04-08-2009, 02:45 PM
yyyeeaaaa!!!!! DoubleCab to the rescue :D

DN1911
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
at first all i saw was the thread title:rolleyes:.......The Lafayette Group...Obvioiusly:D!

95toyotan
04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
This sounds like a good idea too me. What kinda ideas you got floatin around?

Cookout at Bear's, bring the rugrats to play with buster?

Or takin'em out to eat? what else?

Fuod
04-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Might be a bit far fetched, but why not plan a gathering and when everyone shows up surprise all the ladies with gift certificates to some spa or something. Tell them to go get pampered while the guys do some wrenching...

I dunno... Just off the top of my head.

twentyfootdaredevil
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Well I cant say enough good things about my wife lately. She has had to wait on my constantly becase of my back.

After today it doesnt look like she is geting a break anytime soon!

I hope after 2 or 3 weeks I will be pretty mobile.

Bear
04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
you know what else sometimes float don't you? :D

I haven't gotten past the idea stage yet, so if anyone has suggestions, the floor is open!

I like Joe's idea of GC's but to where? and can you imagine walking into a Victory secrets' Store and asking if they have a group rate on Gift certificates? :lmao: now that would be funny!

But there is a spa at the entrance to my subdivision, that my sister bought a GC for Pam to go have her nails done last Xmas, I am sure I could talk to them and seeing if we can set something up (it is a full spa, and there are two others in Avon if that does not pan out)

But what about the members outside the area?

Bear
04-13-2009, 08:05 AM
:xofftopic:

Josh, I was sadden to hear about your back injury, I can't possibly know the full scope of things, but I have had my share of back problems so I can sympathize to some degree. I was down for two years with back problems as well as suffer daily with 3 herniated disk to go on top of the two surgeries I have already had on my back and neck.

Please let me know if there is anything we, as a club can do to help you and your wife out with.

I know you would be there for any of our other members (you have privately proven that to me) so let us return the favor if we can.