: Wrecked Taco

NEV2DEP
04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Well it looks like another Taco is going to the junk yard.
I got a call from Todd (Full_Tilt_Fud) last night he wrecked his truck.
He said he was ok other than some air bag rash on the face. But his truck didnít fair as well as him. Iím sure heíll chime in a few days and fill in the blanks. But the short version is another truck was making a turn then at the last second decide not to turn and swerved back in front of him.
:(

head
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Glad to hear he is OK.

Everyone start looking for a truck for Todd, he needs one quick.

lifted98
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Sad to hear about the truck but also glad is OK. Other guy get cited?

NEV2DEP
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Sad to hear about the truck but also glad is OK. Other guy get cited?

no Todd got the ticket

NEV2DEP
04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Glad to hear he is OK.

Everyone start looking for a truck for Todd, he needs one quick.

I told him to bring his rental and come on down looks like I should ahve a open seat.

SuperPoser
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
outch
glad he is ok

does he still have his old runner?

ohio03trdtaco
04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Glad Todd is ok sorry about the truck though.

lifted98
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
no Todd got the ticket

From your description it sounds like he got the raw end of the deal.

head
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
outch
glad he is ok

does he still have his old runner?

Nope, he got rid of it a while ago.

I told him to bring his rental and come on down looks like I should ahve a open seat.

He sent me an email saying he ws in need of a vehicle pretty quick. I would have offered him mine but I can't seem to find a replacement so I decided to keep it.

NEV2DEP
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
TODD hear ya go buddy
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128543

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-16-2009, 08:06 PM
thanks everyone for the conern.......I am fine, truk is really bad.

If it were not for the budbuilt / reinforced crossmember and my sliders I probly would not have walked away.......I really believe that.

anyway I need a truck

I want a 92-95 pickup, ex-cab, 5speed (neither the 3.0 or 22re has enough power for the auto)..........must be in really good shape with lower miles and minimal rust.

let me know if you see anything.

swaycleveland
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1123869289.html

swaycleveland
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/1121167380.html
this is the one!!!!!!!

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-17-2009, 08:18 PM
http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/1121167380.html
this is the one!!!!!!!

buying it tomorrow! :woot:

Hope it is nice

SuperPoser
04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
AWESOME!
congrads dude!

Shakerhood
04-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow, really sorry to hear about the Accident, glad you are ok and I hope the new one turns out to be real nice!

ohio03trdtaco
04-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Timing Belt & Water Pump changed at 100,000 miles

:( Got a few more miles before we can say anything any more.

Good luck man hope it all works out in the end.

head
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Glad you found a truck. Hopefully the insurance company will let you pull some of your parts off your old truck to put on the new one.

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Got the new truck home on saturday. It is in pretty good shape for being in Ohio it's entire life. Body is rust free and the frame seems to be good (I sure hope it actually is :confused:)....it has some paint chips that need to be touched up but no big deal.

I can't see any major problems with it plus I should come out with no truck payment which makes me happy (paid 5500$ for the new one).......I don't like the manual trans but I can deal with it.......the interior has the bench seat which blows so I am gonna put my buckets in it........it has now power anything which sucks but I needed a truck and had no time to be picky.

as for my old truck........I am gonna try to bring it home.........3 of the tires (which only had 5k on them) are still good, I just put 1k into the rear axle (new gears, lokright, all new bearings, solid pinon spacer), the rear springs are less than a year old (springs on new truck are shot) so I think it will be worth the 500$ they want for it.

The bad part is I believe that one of the coilovers is bent, the front diif is most likely trashed, budbuilt is f'ed up pretty bad, and I think it bent one of the spindles meaning I can't swap the manual hubs onto the new truck.

As for the rest of the truck.......If there is something y'all want let me know, cab is fine except for existing body damage, same with box, It still ran great but lost all electrical power it the crash so I have not been able to start it since the crash to see if it will still run. I don't plan on advertiseing parts (please don't either) as I don't want to spend a great deal of time messing with it.....I am not trying to make money just trying to get the useable parts off it for my new ride then the rest will go to scrap......However I am willing to help some of you out if there is something you need or want.

NEV2DEP
04-20-2009, 10:20 AM
it has now power anything which sucks but I needed a truck and had no time to be picky.

as for my old truck........I am gonna try to bring it home.........3 of the tires (which only had 5k on them) are still good, I just put 1k into the rear axle (new gears, lokright, all new bearings, solid pinon spacer), the rear springs are less than a year old (springs on new truck are shot) so I think it will be worth the 500$ they want for it.

The bad part is I believe that one of the coilovers is bent, the front diif is most likely trashed, budbuilt is f'ed up pretty bad, and I think it bent one of the spindles meaning I can't swap the manual hubs onto the new truck.

you got a donor truck pull the window motors and swithchs and put them in new truck I would bet the harness is already there. As for the coilover I would think it could be rebuilt if just the shaft is bent as long as the body isn't cracked it should be rebuildable???

head
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Got the new truck home on saturday. It is in pretty good shape for being in Ohio it's entire life. Body is rust free and the frame seems to be good (I sure hope it actually is :confused:)....it has some paint chips that need to be touched up but no big deal.

I can't see any major problems with it plus I should come out with no truck payment which makes me happy (paid 5500$ for the new one).......I don't like the manual trans but I can deal with it.......the interior has the bench seat which blows so I am gonna put my buckets in it........it has now power anything which sucks but I needed a truck and had no time to be picky.

As for the rest of the truck.......If there is something y'all want let me know, cab is fine except for existing body damage, same with box, It still ran great but lost all electrical power it the crash so I have not been able to start it since the crash to see if it will still run. I don't plan on advertiseing parts (please don't either) as I don't want to spend a great deal of time messing with it.....I am not trying to make money just trying to get the useable parts off it for my new ride then the rest will go to scrap......However I am willing to help some of you out if there is something you need or want.

Wow, $500. You should be able to get almost all that back scrapping it. Since you bought it back I would take every little thing off it to swap to the new truck. I would even keep as much spare parts as space allows as well.

swaycleveland
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
sorry about the NO POWER ITEMS i just saw the ad and thought i would pass it along!
anyway glad to see youve got yourself a new rig. good luck with it and let the mods begin !!!!!!!!!!!

ugly's ok
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Can i have the CAB and doors that wood look good on my fram dont you think. I will come and pick it up .

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
it won' fit since the tacoma's are a fair amount wider.

you should just give a little money and take all of it. the frame is fubared pretty hard on the passenger side however it could be fixed with some tube work........especially if it were gonna be sas'd.

Let me get it home and see if it will run.......if it will you should buy it, patch the frame together, put your axle under the front, and be wheeling in comfort with full power, heat and a/c :D

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
sorry about the NO POWER ITEMS i just saw the ad and thought i would pass it along!
anyway glad to see youve got yourself a new rig. good luck with it and let the mods begin !!!!!!!!!!!

the no power is no big deal.........i am just being a whiney little bitch.

I really appreciate you finding it and posting it!!!!!!!