: any1 experienced with Eaton e-locker?

tacomafan
04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm curious if anyone here has experience with the Eaton e locker on a tacoma.
I'm going to put a rear locker and 4.88's in soon and I think ARB is my best option at this point, but someone at a jeep shop in Co Springs recommended Eaton.

Is Eaton an option? If so, who sells them and what's a good price?

I know toyota elocker, Detroit, Aussie, so please just respond if you know anything on Eaton. Thanks.

ike
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
As far as i know they do not make a model for the tacoma. I know some jeep guys love them though.

RedRunnertc
04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
No, they don't have an application for Toyota. YOU SHOULD NEVER SET FOOT IN THAT SHOP AGAIN.

Some of the D44 SAS Tacoma guys have them, I haven't heard too many good things.

bluetaco
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Um! the U.S. born factory e-lockers are sourced from Eaton's factory... pretty sure they work all right when done to Toyotas build specs!

No compete contracts rock!

I haven't heard to many good things about SAS using Dana 44's period!

Ditto on the Heep Shop thing!

ARB is the best choice by default for selectable after market lockers...the Eaton E- lockers (as with air lockers) work as well as the installers attention to detail allows (Eaton is just not for sale to the Yota crowd)

ike
04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
except for the fact that there is no aftermarket design/support to help out those who didnt get an e-locker other than toyota witch is way more expensive than it should be.

I have heard of quite a few dana 44 swaps that went great.:confused:

00regcab
04-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I have heard of quite a few dana 44 swaps that went great.:confused:

I was going to say, 98% of the swapped taco's are running 44's in the front without complaints.

I also know i read it somewhere, but im about 75% positive that toyota e-lockers are NOT sourced from Eaton. But i'll have to do some digging around, and reading to determine that again.

OP, you'd be better off buying a used trd rear (like the one i've got, 01-04, complete drum to drum, ready to bolt in. Only has factory 4.10's though) then re-gearing it, along with the front diff.

Mythica
04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I looked into that locker for my front diff.

It is cheaper than the arb and eaton is a pretty decent comapany, they took over the manufacturing of the detroits.

I ended up with an arb, for one reason or another, still not sure why.

Oh yeah and my 44 works great! Other than the fact that i grenade hubs. BUt there has to be a weak link, better the hubs than my axles or u joints. :rolleyes:

ducaria
04-24-2009, 01:11 AM
I was also looking into the eaton elocker for my d44(this was the one that was a limited slip when not locked) but after reading some reviews from some jeep guys about it I decided a different route. Don't remember specifically what was said but there was something that threw up a flag.

ducaria
04-24-2009, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=bluetaco;1614626]
I haven't heard to many good things about SAS using Dana 44's period!

QUOTE]

:lmao:

tacomafan
04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll go ARB.