: Need referal on a bodyshop

99sr54wd
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
While grocery shopping inside Meijer's, some asshole bumpped into the wife's parked Rav4's front fender then just drove away. I didn't notice that till we got home and unload. the sheet metal needs to be pounded back and repaint. Bumper has a 1'x1' area of black paint, which probably would be buffed out with some wax.

I can take the fender out and bring it to the bodyshop to have it fixed and put it back myself. Just need to make sure the paint is not gonna start to peel after few months, I've seen some half ass work done by Maaco back in Kurlifornia.

By the way, her car is white, so shouldn't be a matching problem. I don't care too much of where it is, just need to know it does decent job and charge fair.

Thanks.

Fuod
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry, you'll have to remind me where your from (I'm a moron). If your from the Indy area I know of a good place.

BTW, I notice your info is not on the InTTORA webpage. If you get some time please PM me your First Name (I think I remember it) and Location and I'll get you added.

Bear
04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Tony is in the Indy area, somewhat where you used to live.

Tony: Church's brothers is a franchize body shop that has connections (owns) the body shop I used to use in San Antonio. They did good work back home and don't see why things would be different here.

99sr54wd
04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
NW Indy and I'm open to all options. Wife doesn't need to drive her car to work, so I'm not picky on the lead time. She hates my 4Runner because it's a manual but she can take the bus.

Fuod
04-28-2009, 01:19 AM
NW Indy? Then you should check out Church Bros, and it appears Bear agrees! :)

I used them for a couple different vehicles when I lived up there and don't have any complaints of their final work. I did have to tell them to true up a front bumper one time, but they did it and did it well!

twentyfootdaredevil
04-28-2009, 06:26 AM
I am pretty sure Church Brothers is where Bill Gardner works at. If that is the case I would reccomend them to anyone. Bill is meticulous with his work and he has anice rig.

99sr54wd
04-28-2009, 01:36 PM
thanks, guys. actually Church Brothers is only couple minutes away from my home, just got back from here. they gave me a quote of $398 to repair a 1"x 1/4" sized chip. i'll be paying it out of my pocket so i'll keep shoping for a little.

it's not a big deal for me but we are selling the Rav4 for another 4runner for her (i wounder where she got the idea). that's gonna make the whole car look bad.

Bear
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
body work is expensive anyway you slice it.

sometimes it is cheaper to replace an entire panel than try to repair it just due to the labor involved.

I don't remember where you said the damage was, but that sounds like a decent price.

an entire fender will cost you a minimum of $175 and that is not OEM, then you have materials such as paint and primer as well as like I said…labor. Adds up fast!

99sr54wd
04-28-2009, 02:23 PM
yep, I've been through that. it's just some shops give a little break to cutomers who are paying themselves, some don't.

95toyotan
04-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Nicholson's body shop is east of indianapolis, he usually does good work, I'd give him a call.