: Spring Compression

BenBaker40
07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I am replacing my stock shocks and have never used a spring compressor before so I was thinking of taking them to a shop after removing the coils. The local shop here (Tulsa, Ok) said that it is going to be 1 hour worth of work so around 60-100$, is this correct? Anybody know any cheaper shops or is this a good rate. Also how hard is it to operate a spring compressor without blowing my head off.
Thanks,
Ben

Oppositeboy
07-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Search please. :D

I recommend taking it to a shop. Most here only charge like $20 to do it. It's quite simple with their coil compressors. Don't pay more than $40 for the pair. It's a 10 minute job for 2 coils... if that.

BenBaker40
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Search what is that? Just kidding I guess the bulk of my question is if there is any good shops in Tulsa OK? Thanks for the reply.
Ben

Oppositeboy
07-11-2005, 11:13 AM
My only recommendation is to call around the different shops in the phone book. Hopefully there is someone local here that can give you a name of a good, cheap shop they've had good experiences with.

04RedLobster
07-11-2005, 12:12 PM
it's def not even an hour work...geez...30mins tops if they take their time...i paid 50 bucks to get both of mine done..

equin
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Don't know of any shops in the Tulsa, OK area, but Hall's Tire Shop in Lancaster, TX (just south of Dallas), only charged us $10 per strut - $40 total for 4 Honda struts. Granted, the Honda struts are a little smaller than the Tacoma strut/coilover, but they're almost exactly the same in every other respect - 2 top plate bolts and one center shock bolt. It took them about 30 minutes to do all 4. Like someone else suggested, check the yellowpages for shops near you and call them up to see who'll do it for a reasonable price. $60 sounds way too high to compress a couple of Tacoma strut/coilovers.